Hagi out for the season

Gutted for the Hagi but I think this now adds to the growing need for a signing or two before the window shuts.

Do we really want to be going into massive domestic and European games with guys like Barker or Wright in the side and potentially losing out on £30m?

What's the harm in billy Gilmour till end of the season hardly having a great time at Norwich that's if billy fancies coming up playing against the cloggers

Gutted for Hagi but everything happens for a reason, he went off and Lowry came in and played a blinder now is the time for the young lad to show what he can really do just like Patterson done last season and look how that turned out for him.

Anymore info? Did the doctor mention limited ability after rehab etc?

i dont play anymore mate. Was more to do with obviously getting back to work etc but I don't think I'll be back till April.

I've got a brace on for 6 weeks. Its angled so I can only get a certain amount of bend In my knee for first 3 weeks. Go back and they change the degree on the brace for the last 3 weeks to help get more movement in it before I even start physiotherapy.

This wasn't NHS, was private done so assuming hagi will be similar.

What's the harm in billy Gilmour till end of the season hardly having a great time at Norwich that's if billy fancies coming up playing against the cloggers
Our need is for a RW, especially now Hagi is out for the season, Gilmour does not help that at all. Fine player he is nonetheless

I was right in line with the tackle, could see the way his knee went it was going to be a bad one. Hope Ianis is back fighting fit in the future for us. All the best to the lad. Really feel so sorry for him, he must be gutted.

Had a feeling it wouldn't be good news with the kind of impact it was and his immediate reaction to it. Feel for him. Hopefully back and raring to go for a good pre season.

That's a b@stard. I could tell with his instant reaction when it happened that it could be a bad one. Get well soon mate!

I heard yesterday about it but was originally told ankle, then within an hour or so it changed to his knee which is why I didn’t post anything.

But I was told he was having an op on it.

Seems it is his knee then
You've had good info in the past as well mate. You know the shit you get when its bad news LOL. Interesting you and @Andrew webb both had the same info, including the error about it being his ankle.

Gutted for the Hagi but I think this now adds to the growing need for a signing or two before the window shuts.

Do we really want to be going into massive domestic and European games with guys like Barker or Wright in the side and potentially losing out on £30m?
Pretty shite putting Wright in the same category as Barker in the short space of time Wright has been here he's done far more than barker ever has or will. A young player you can bring on from the bench who's with plenty of pace and desire is never a bad thing to have.

Pretty shite putting Wright in the same category as Barker in the short space of time Wright has been here he's done far more than barker ever has or will. A young player you can bring on from the bench who's with plenty of pace and desire is never a bad thing to have.
Not defending Barker btw...

But they are 24/25 years old (I know Barker looks like he's had a rough life)

If anything Wright has had more chances than Barker with a similar return...very little.

People are just more willing to give Wright more time because he's more energetic

Quality wise both aren't good enough

Gash, and someone said he just didn't fancy it.

Little positive in it, but does at least make things a lot easier in terms of how we tactically set up/what we need to look for.

Accommodating Aribo and Hagi was having it's issue with the way we want to play now.

Sounds ACL if we’re talking about a reconstruction

There are 4 ligaments and ACL is usually ruptured from twisting. I've done it twice myself - the recovery period for an ACL injury is now 9 to 12 months (it used to be 6 but the re-tear risk is higher at 6 months).

I'd suggest that the impact was unlikely to have caused an ACL tear (unless it was already partly torn) due to the direction of the impact but could be any of the 3 'unhappy triads'.

Given that it's more likely to have opened up the knee so could be the LCL, PCL or ACL.

Disappointing in that we didn’t really need to play him in that game. Especially with the positive contribution of Lowry. But as they say, hindsight is 20/20!

Gutted for him, always gave his all and never hid. A good player to have in your squad who gave you something different.

Horrendous timing.

Were already extremely thin in that area, now we need to get 2 in before the window shuts in a few days.

I hope the recruitment staff are ready to pull all-nighters.

Back