Votes: 16 1.8%
  • Roofe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Davis

Votes: 11 1.3%
  • Wright

Votes: 3 0.3%

• Total voters
If we weren't going to start Roofe would it not have made more sense to accept the ban now? Or is that not how it works, can't keep up with their stupid rules.

That’s what I’d have thought.

Can only assume we must be going all in to challenge or appeal it.

Otherwise, I can’t see the sense in accepting it tomorrow yet not play him today, as today could’ve been one of his two matches.

I have got what I call a old firm belly for today.. nervous .

I don't think we will hammer them, we haven't looked like hammering anyone in a few weeks , any win will do me but I'd like a fast start
Given we are playing Hamilton Accies while 20 points clear, why on earth are you nervous like an Old Firm game??

I get we still have to turn up and win these games but cummon mate, if you can’t feel relaxed now you never will!

That’s what I’d have thought.

Can only assume we must be going all in to challenge or appeal it.

Otherwise, I can’t see the sense in accepting it tomorrow yet not play him today, as today could’ve been one of his two matches.
Maybe he was wanted today as an option off the bench?

If we weren't going to start Roofe would it not have made more sense to accept the ban now? Or is that not how it works, can't keep up with their stupid rules.
Roofe been on the bench might be down to the surface rather than anything else

Maybe he was wanted today as an option off the bench?

Yes perhaps, but if we were to “assess the risk” - today would be very minimal.

Accepting the suspension tomorrow = strange decision imo (especially with Roofe not starting today)

Appealing/fighting the decision tomorrow = makes perfect sense imo

Roofe been on the bench might be down to the surface rather than anything else
I think it’s still a valid point. If he was gonna be on the bench today then makes not much sense to appeal it from a footballing perspective as I don’t believe we’d win an appeal.
The gaffer also said he was heavily involved in the preparation? I doubt he was trying to play mind games with accies.

Not so keen, would have had Roofe and Jack instead of Zungu and Itten. Hopefully we have enough, I’m just not a big fan of Zungu, and Itten has been hit or miss.

I’d we can trust Zungu to come in and do a more than capable job against accies then he shouldn’t be at the club.

These are the types of games that we should be able to afford the luxury of “off loading” our key players, especially with this pitch and with the European campaign approaching soon.

Last edited:
I have got what I call a old firm belly for today.. nervous .

I don't think we will hammer them, we haven't looked like hammering anyone in a few weeks , any win will do me but I'd like a fast start

Get a grip ha.

“old firm belly” against the worst team in the league.

It’s as close to a gimme as you can hope for.

Exactly the kind of game where we should be utilising the squad. Zungu and Itten now get the chance that that they must have been dying for. With the ability to make 5 subs this season, if it’s not working - we change it.

I think it’s still a valid point. If he was gonna be on the bench today then makes not much sense to appeal it from a footballing perspective as I don’t believe we’d win an appeal.
The gaffer also said he was heavily involved in the preparation? I doubt he was trying to play mind games with accies.
Still possible that changes would be made been on the surface

That he was heavy involved in preparations might nothing to actual gameday most players would be

Roofe hadn't been cited at that point

Not so keen, would have had Roofe and Jack instead of Zungu and Itten. Hopefully we have enough, I’m just not a big fan of Zungu, and Itten has been hit or miss.
Dont think hes keen on playing Jack and Roofe on that surface considering they have had injury issues all season.

I predict we see Zungu sitting deep and hitting passes into Itten and Hagi - both of whom make intelligent early runs week in week out that we ignore for a 10 yard pass to the side or back.

Aribo and Kent will need to be making the second run into the space this should create to take advantage.

Will see in first 20 minutes if right

The military switched off the internet again all day yesterday, and it has just come back online now. Just in time for the game. Hopefully they don't switch it off again , but they might due to the protests taking place at the moment. Anyway, 3-0 to the good guys.

Good opportunity for some players.

Got a feeling that if Itten gets a run he’ll keep banging them in.

I imagine he would have started Roofe but is going for Itten to get him match sharp as he's expecting him to be our striker for the next few games with Roofe and Alfie unavailable. He's probably got Roofe there in case he's needed to get the 3 points today.

You only have to look at the bench to see how far we have progressed.
3points please and tick another one off.

This is Zungu's opportunity to show he's worth a place with us next season. I'm 50:50 on him so far. Interesting to see how he performs.
Agree .. jury still out on Zungu, hasn't shown much when he's came on.
Nows the time to put his name forward as a potential replacement for Steve Davis.
Intended can really do a job upfront I think. WATP

Exactly the kind of game where we should be utilising the squad. Zungu and Itten now get the chance that that they must have been dying for. With the ability to make 5 subs this season, if it’s not working - we change it.
We don't make changes until 60 mins, so that could leave our best players 30 mins to turn round a messy situation.

Still possible that changes would be made been on the surface

That he was heavy involved in preparations might nothing to actual gameday most players would be

Roofe hadn't been cited at that point
I’m not sure mate if you watch the interview the gaffer says roofe has been heavily involved in the preparation I think it was heavily insinuated that he was involved in starting 11 - otherwise why mention it.

I get the fact that he hadn’t been cited at that point, but if him being cited has forced the change then I’d question why he only drops to the bench? Makes no odds in terms of his ban still carrying if We lose the appeal.

Rubbish if you think it manager will sign a player on his performance today then you're misguided
I don't think today's performance will be the sole decider, Arkanoid - that would be silly. I do think Zungu has had pretty limited playing time and will know this is a great opportunity to impress. Will be watching, as I said, with interest.

What a thought? Having to listen to Cocker again trying to get our players banned while ignoring anything from the opposition.

Back