Have you ever been to a game involving them not against us?

The last time I went to see Celtic other than vs Accies (and excluding an OF I saw from the Club Deck) was December 1989.

Tommy Burns’ last game for Celtic. Friendly vs Ajax. I was taken by a Celtic supporting friend to the main stand of the old Parkhead.

Roy Aitken was down getting treatment for an injury, so I thought that was a good time to go for a pee. By the time I got back, he’d got up, taken the free kick, and scored the only goal of the game. So I missed it. Burns was substituted near the end, and threw his boots into the Jungle.

Supercaleygoballisticsepticareatrocious

I was in the caley end, obviously. Worked with a guy from Inverness who's dad got us tickets. I'm from up that way anyway and in those days had a bit of time for ict.

Twice
They played Inter Cardiff (a Welsh league side with hardly any support) at Ninian Park in one of the European comps during the 90s. most of the ground was taken over by tramps but there was a section of us Cardiff City boys behind one of the goals. Lots of trouble before the game, after they ran out of missiles they did not want to hang around. Also a lot of Tim on Tim action which was basically ccfc supporting Tims fighting Bristol based tims.
also they Played Cardiff City in a friendly where they were handed out half and half flags ffs which didn't go down well

I can honestly say I’ve been to two.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.
Yes,League cup final v Kilmarnock .Mate was a Kilmarnock fan and he offered me a ticket.Went along and found we were right next to the bheasts.Spent the entire game giving them abuse.Couldn’t even tell you the score except they won.

Aye, once back in the seventies. I was at the Nautical collshe and a guy I had got friendly with was a Stenhousemuir supporter and talked me into going to the piggery with him. It was a midweek game and there was only a handful of “Stennie” supporters. You ought to have heard the abuse we were getting

In 1984, (just googled it) I was in a pub in Rutherglen and got into an argument with a mank who were playing Aberdeen the next day. One thing led to another and I ended up betting him £500 on the game.
By the time I staggered home the wife wasn’t talking to me so the next morning 4 of us piled into my car and headed for Aberdeen.
Frank McDougall scored all 4 goals in a 4-2 victory and I met him afterwards in the Golf club down at the beach, where I insisted he have a drink and told him of the bet. Wasn’t much left of the £500 be the time we got home the next day.

Yes, my late brother in law took me over to Piggery, 1960’s, to see Real Madrid.
Remember Puskas, di Stefano and Gento, not surprisingly Los Blancos won 3-1. Some things never change

Just the once when they played Hamburg in uefa cup not long after the piggery had been rebuilt with the mecano stuff.
Long story as to why I was there but was delightful watching Hamburg win and singing songs about us.

Was at peado dome for friendly vs Newcastle, think it was to open a new stand, toon fans were singing " 2nd best and you know you are" ( stand up for the champions.... Tune) they were fkn raging lol

Just once, 1990 SCF, Sheep vs Them. Mate on my techie training course at RAF Cosford was a sheep fan, so me, him and a Villa fan, drove up to Glasgow for the weekend. Sheep won on penalties and IIRC it was Anton Rogan that missed for them.

Must have been late 70’s early 80’s went to Parkhead for Celtc v Arsenal with my brother. Remember it was the 1st game l wasn’t allowed to be lifted over.

Weekend the Pope died, game at Hampden v Hearts , went along as had tickets through work.

First was around the late 80s when they played Dumbarton (my local team) at Boghead in either the Scottish or league cup. My Dad worked for Allied Distillers who were one of Dumbarton’s sponsors at the time. I remember being in the hospitality room at HT with my Dad and all they ugly Celtic goons with their horrid green jackets hovering about.

The other was when we used to have a caravan at St. Andrews and my Dad used to deal with Stewarts Cream of the Barley based in Dundee. He used to get hospitality for Dundee Utd and we went along quite a lot and once it was against the filth which they won. Saw Rangers when we won 2-0, Durie after about 10seconds and a McLaren long ranged freekick. McCoist and Hateley were both injured and in the next booth from us. I got a photo with Super which my Dad still has somewhere.
Yes I have. At least one.

None never will

Took my kid brother to Hampden to watch them playing Feyenoord in a friendly 1971. Finished 1-1.
Sure I watched them playing at Cappielow couple of times too. Can't remember what the scores were.
Never been to the piggery in my life.

Was in the Falkirk end at Ibrox in the 1997 Cup semi final. Great night ramming it up them bastards just from a different crowd :))

Don’t think it was uncommon in my grandparents era to always watch the home team no matter who they supported.
It was a traditional Saturday afternoon thing for those that couldn’t afford or have the time to go away from home

Was taken to see a very young butch Wilkins who was the Chelsea captain at the time. Still very young think about 10 yes old, but in fairness was taken to the Rangers end.

Only once. Thistle v Celtic at Firhill in the early 80s

A horrific experience topped off with an earl haig neighbour of mine recognising me and pointing me out to his pals

Cnut

Yes against Partick Thistle at Firhill late 80s. Midweek game , I think it was the cup. All I remember was the fighting after the match on Maryhill road and the Celtic fans got smashed.

Also went with a Hearts supporting friend during the season when Celtic played at hampden park when the piggery was getting ‘ done up’ Hearts beat them that night.

Stranraer at the piggery stands out...

Met a few lads that day and a Union Flag was unfurled and the dhims went tonto and we stood and laughed watching them getting huckled

was at college in Manchester in early 80s
A few of us went to Old Trafford to see them play Rapid Vienna in a Euro replay after a fan ran on pitch at piggery.

I had a corporate invite to the Reebok in Bolton to watch them play the yahoos in the early 90's.

Hats off to you mate coming to the good guys side,being nosey how does that end up happening my auld man is Rangers daft and wee just followed on never meet anyone in your situation.
Mum and dad divorced when I was a year old. My dad got me Saturday to Sunday every 2 weeks. Uncle and grandad would take me to Ibrox one weekend, dad would take me to Parkhead the next. Followed my uncle n grandad in their footsteps. Grandads passed on, but him and my uncle are my ultimate role models. I love my dad to bits but those two are who I look up to the most and who I hope to resemble the most. Two of the greatest bears I've ever known!

As a young lad in the seventies, my school holidays involved a day long train journey to my Uncles who lived just outside Aberdeen. I can remember going to a Sheep v them game, walking into the Beach end and finding it full of tramps.

League Cup final 71 v Thistle ..was only a young boy and a couple of my dad's mate's were Thistle fans ..took me for good luck ...
I guess it worked

I went to 2 games with my pal & his da whilst my da went to our away games. My only defence is I was about 9 years old & was just getting into football. Can't remember much about the games but we sat in the main stand.

Saw them at Tynecastle under Rodgers as a mate had a spare ticket. They demolished Hearts to win the league, I think it finished 5-0 and we left just after Half Time.

Seen their reserves play Dalry Thistle in 1995 I think it was, was Dalrys 75th anniversary or something.

I would have been 7 when my Dad took me.

Went with a friend to a St Johnstone home game against them a couple of years ago and ended up right beside their fans. Biggest surprise was the amount of abuse hurled at us for 90 mins by some more focused on us than the game. It ended up 3-1 or something to them but they were still giving it large to the most placid and tamest support I've ever been involved with.

I still have fond memories of the game though as it was the first I'd been to see some of the truly shocking female horrors that follow them up close - scars over teeth seemed to be the look of the day. They were THE mankiest looking females I'd ever seen and I felt like Angelia Jolie, tucked away amongst a bunch of fermers.

Ever since I've considered Celtic games a great boost for your self-esteem.

I think I've been to see them 4 times out with games against us. They didn't win any of them, which made it easier. I'll not be doing it again, any time soon. Young naive me died in 2011.

YeH I was over in Switzerland with work in the 90s, they were playing neuchatel Xamac in the UEFA cup. Got beat 5-1. I win

The in laws are Dunfermline fans so I've been to a few Dunfermline v Them games at East End Park (at least then we are all wanting the same team ti win) usually with predicable results. But the first time I did so I went to see them play at the piggery in 1997 I think it was. Glorious summer's day and Hamish French scored the winner for the Pars in a 2-1 win. That was a decent day out

My old man took me to a game v hearts in about 1985 as he was a celtic fan thankfully there was never any danger of me supporting them even from that early age .

Once that I can remember went with a St Johnstone supporting mate to Mcdiarmid Park, 2014.

At Johnstone were 3-1 down until they scored twice in 2 minutes very late on to equalise, if iirc Michael O’Halloran of all people scored the third:eek:

Several and the 1 I wished I had been too was when Raith fkd them

Yeah, was at their game against Barcelona at the dump a few years back, I have mates over there, they know I’m a rangers man so when the chance came up to watch them get slaughtered off Messi and co they offered me a ticket in the away end with them.

Finished 2-0, Messi double and he pegged Lego a belter.

Last edited:
Was at Stamford bridge in 2006 the so called battle of Britain game.very apt as second prizes go the Tims won this honour all day and evening

Back