Have you ever stood in their end

Remember being in their end once as a kid with my dad and his mates way back in 89. We couldn’t handle it and left a couple of minutes after ko, probably for the best as it was the first time we won at the piggery for 9 years and we wouldn’t have been able to contain ourselves plus we stood out like sore thumbs as we were the only ones in that end without beady eyes. Game finished 2-1 and that wee rhat Joe Miller missed a penalty.

When Terry Butcher signed for us I went down to London to see the Gers play Spurs, game ending in a draw. I have always had a soft spot for Arsenal so me and the mate stayed for their game against the Mhanks which ended in a 2 nil loss for the Gooners. We could only get in with the unwashed and it was bloody horrible. Has anyone else been unfortunate to be in with the filth?
Yes when we played reserve game at Ibrox main stand
Game got called off at there place think about 20k there

Was strange watching our end erupt when we scored looked amazing

I jumped up also few tits growled but there was about 30 of us half and half so nothing happened

Always remember that day

Yes. There was a game at the old Saviledome in 87 or 88 when a few thousand Rangers fans were in the celtic end. If I remember correctly there were press photos of guys in Rangers scarves lining up to buy tickets at their ticket office in West Nile St. They scored and a huge section of the terracing beside their stand remained static.

Been in with opposition many a time in order to see the Gers. Pittodrie,Fester Rd, Tynecastle, Tannadump and a few others.
The hatred towards us was not as spiteful then as is now however.
When the Magnificent Bastard arrived the clamour for tickets was unimaginable given the previous dross i/we watched.
So i took tickets and watched us from the Sellik end 3 times. Lost 1/0...Souness sent off; lost 2/0 when Roberts went in goal and i finally got to see the Rangers end go tonto when Walters scored pen in 3/1 defeat.
Would i do it again.
100%

Been in with opposition many a time in order to see the Gers. Pittodrie,Fester Rd, Tynecastle, Tannadump and a few others.
When the Magnificent Bastard arrived the clamour for tickets was unimaginable given the previous dross i/we watched.
So i took tickets and watched us from the Sellik end 3 times. Lost 1/0...Souness sent off; lost 2/0 when Roberts went in goal and i finally got to see the Rangers end go tonto when Walters scored pen in 3/1 defeat.
Would i do it again.
100%

With a record of 3 defeats in 3 games, I 100% hope you don't do it again. :p

Couldn't go in amongst the unwashed, I'm afraid.

Only time I've ever been amongst away fans was at Rugby Park during NIAR. Couldn't get a ticket for the Rangers end, but fortunately a mate gave me his Season Ticket for the Main Stand at Rugby Park.

Tried to sell myself as a neutral, but gave the game away when we scored. The Killie fans around me were all very decent though.

Done it twice .First Ranger- celtic game mid 70's Glasgow cup final we won 3-1 .Was 12 went without my parents permission with a few pals .Seeing the Rangers end erupt 3 times that night is one of the greatest sights that I have ever seen . The next time was when Ally McCoist scored in 28 secs . Had no intention of going to the game and a mate and his brothers said if I went to the game and Rangers won it was free drink the rest of the night for me . when they scored their 2nd goal the cants were jumping all over me and broke my chain. No free drink and cost me to get my chain fixed . Broken chain ?.Could have been worse . Lesson learned .Was younger then couldn't and wouldn't do it now.

Many moons ago (the early 80's) , they played Stirling Albion in one of the cups on a wet midweek.
I went with a Tim mate who talked me into going and standing in the Jungle, I had bought a huge Stirling Albion Rossette and wore it with pride in the middle of the mutants.
I got plenty of looks but nothing too serious, until after about 15 mins Stirling scored. I was jumping about like a looney, I got loads of verbals and then the Southside Cumbie we're on me like a rash, threatening to stab me, bottle me, all sorts.
Nothing happened (thankfully)
It went to extra time and Albion got thumped 6-1 in the end.
At least I got home with no holes in my body.

Twice. Once for the Rangers v St Johnstone Scottish Cup semi that finished 0-0, notable for being the same day as the Hillsborough Disaster. I scraped RFC into the green paint on the barriers and felt like a fucking bad-ass.

League Cup Final v Hibs (Durrant and McCoist overhead kick after broken leg drama).

I do realise that isn't what you mean in the OP but it's all I've got!

I remember two mates of my dad's, piggery away in the mid/late 80's and they had tickets for the beggars end, one tied his scarf round his waist under his top, ten minutes in and one of them fell in the crowd and 'hurt' his wrist, they took him and his mate to the first aid room between the main stand and our end and patched him up, when done they asked if he wanted back to see the rest of the game, he pulled out his scarf, said aye and they put the two of them in our end, 25 minutes into the game they were standing with us in the old London road end pissing themselves laughing at getting away with it.

I've done it at the old brockville a few times, also Hamilton a few years ago, went over to their ticket office to buy the tickets, the old guy asked if I wanted to be in the quiet bit or the noisy bit next to our end, said the quiet bit, turned up at the game and we were right in amongst all the wee fannys, there were hospitality guys behind us who cheered at the first of our goals and the ones around us went mental doing the hold me back routine, when our third went in they realised there were more bears than them as we were all on our feet

Last edited:
Would i do it again.
100%
We didn't lose when Roberts went in goal. We drew 2-2.

1989 Scottish Cup final, after missing out in our supporters club ballot for a ticket.
A mate's dad some how got us 2 complimentary tickets (through Aberdeen)!:)
We travelled over on the Friday & had arranged for the tickets to be delivered to the house we were staying at in Linwood!
Over the moon that we had got the tickets, it wasn't until the morning of the game we checked where our tickets were for.
We knew that they would be in the Main stand but couldn't believe it when the tickets were for the scum end of Main stand :(
As we didn't want to miss the game, we eventually decided to go anyway. (Sat beside some of the Dutch players who played for Aberdeen at the time). A bad day for sure.

1993 Scottish Cup final. Missed out again in supporters club ballot.
Had got a 'dodgy' ticket but couldn't get in, no spares about, so had to try Aberdeen end & got 1 there. Stood as close as possible to the bears in the jungle!

1996 Ajax away.

Closest I came to it was a reserve game on a wed afternoon that was played at that dump of there's. I sat in the main stand as that one as was only one open, my mate was stewarding and got me in for free , but down side I was in there end, don't recall being a section for us or if any other bears in attendence

I was in the tim end at the 63 cup replay with plenty of bears,the gers end was a lock out and the cops told us we could go round to the tim end and they would stand with us, and we fell for it, as soon as we were in they bolted, we had the usual screwtaps and other stuff flung at us, we won 3-0 that nite, so it ended well for us. PS some guy on here has a avatar from that nite, with JB with the ball up his shirt, as the teams left the park and all those you see in the time end are all bears.

Stood in jungle ,Rangers end McNeil testimonial v Liverpool (fav other team as a kid).
Had a red scarf on and survived.
Always remember seeing Dixie Deans smoking at the front entrance before the game.He looked a tramp.
Watching Rangers away stood in home ends at Falkirk, Tannadice( chucked out after police promised to move a few hundred fans into Rangers end) and Tynecastle main stand.
Wouldn't do it now

have done it at Easter Road and Tynecastle plenty of times ( last time I took my youngest when he was about 14) and once at Tannadice - was even on the pitch. But I couldn't do it at the scumhut

Once many years ago in a cup tie when they played Morton...had an absolute lunatic in front of me who kept kissing his crucifix and making all sort of comments about blessed mary whilst swearing constantly.

Hated the whole experience.
Ahh yes sounds like the Pope.
Indeed any religious person is clearly mentally ill.

Never been in their end but I did use their end one time to get to our end at Hampden. I was 10 at the time and had no ticket for the game. The Celtic end at Hampden could be entered by scaling the wall which I did. Got to the fence between their end and their half of the enclosure and climbed over that. Made my way to the divide between the Rangers half of the enclosure and their half. Turned on the water works to a cop and told him I was in the wrong end and he let me through to the Rangers end of the enclosure. All in a day's work of a poor wee Rangers fan.

The night we won nine in a row.
I was still at school and did a bit of catering work for an agency.
Got sent to work pie shops at the piggery that night, got told I could watch the second half as the crowd was so poor all the work was done.
Thankfully they drew 0-0. I have no idea how I'd have dealt with a goal.

When Terry Butcher signed for us I went down to London to see the Gers play Spurs, game ending in a draw. I have always had a soft spot for Arsenal so me and the mate stayed for their game against the Mhanks which ended in a 2 nil loss for the Gooners. We could only get in with the unwashed and it was bloody horrible. Has anyone else been unfortunate to be in with the filth?
Did it years ago when they played Leeds,I went with a mate who was a tim,not as poisonous as it is now

Late 80’s we were in beside them at the piggery for a 1-1 draw.
Stood behind the goal and they scored first. Cooper equalised with a penalty and we got a few funny looks as we tried to stifle our celebration.

Also sat with the sheep at Pittodrie late 80’s too. Plod telling us to keep our scarfs hidden.
Think we lost this game.

Was in the Stretford End when the scum played Rapid Vienna at OLd Trafford in 1984. Me and my mate were the happiest guys in the whole stadium!

About 50 years ago it was not uncommon for fans of Rangers or Celtic to sometimes attend a match involving the other,particularly on European nights . I had pals from both sides of the divide and can testify to that fact.But nowadays it is totally unthinkable....too much has gone on to ratchet up the poison and their concerted eforts in leading the pack of jackals that have attacked us in the media,online and politically has laid down a permanent scar.

U19 game played at Ibrox few years back, 1-1 and McCormack scored a peach of a free kick for us. Into David Marshall I think.

Went with a few Tim mates and was expecting to only have a crowd of a few hundred so said I’d stand with them... ended up about 11,000 at it and I was spewing sittin with that lot.

I sat in what is traditionally their end at Hampden for the game against Motherwell.
Thankfully I've never been in their stinking support.

The most hassle I ever got in an away end was always at Tannadice. I must admit though that I did not help myself by jumping and shouting, "Mon the Bears", when I was stood in their old shed end when Ian Ferguson scored our winner back in 1988.

Once, at Firhill in the early 80s when I was about 12 or 13.

In those days Rangers and Celtic took up three quarters of the ground and I was dragged along by a Thistle supporting mate and found myself in one end amongst the Rabble.

We’d also bumped into this nutter called McGarry that we were at school with. He was a couple of years older and claimed to support Rangers, but he couldn’t name half the players and I never saw him at Ibrox.

Anyway, he just invited himself along, then, around the 80 minute mark with the Beasts winning comfortably, we decided to beat the crowds and leave early.

We get to the top of the terracing to the stairs leading out when McGarry suddenly turns and shouts, “Get it up yeez, ya 19th Century Terrorist bastards!”

Cue us bombing it down the stairs with a few of the unwashed in pursuit.

Not the filth, but got a ticket for the near last game of the season against Aberdeen at Pittodrie - the league was the earls to lose but I thought I'd go for it anyway just in case there was a miracle. As it was, we turned in what was a heartless performance and lost 2-0. Walked out of the main stand when the second went it and got spat on and pushed about a bit after being rumbled by the locals.

Not good, but the Bly myself to blame tbh. Their fans behaviour that night (in general, not just what happened to me) was pathetic.

Once sat in the Sheep end at Pittodrie against us with my Aberdeen supporting mate. Absolutely the worst footballing experience of my life. Chose a terrible game for it too. Firstly we went 2-0 down, then came back to 2-2, with that Lovenkrands overhead kick (try having to supress celebrations to that goal!). Then to top it all off the Sheep scored a 90th minute winner. I tried to get up to walk out but couldn't get past folk in the pandemonium. My mate and I fell out big time in the wake of that game and his over exuberant celebrations. :D

Never again!

Watched the game that Kenny scored for them in a Timmy slophouse in Cardiff. It was before we found out about Cardiff True Blues and 3 of us met 5 bears down from Glasgow looking to watch it when we decided to buy cheap tshirts and remove rangers tops and head in.

Looking back it was maybe a good thing for our health that we lost that day.

Never have and don't think I could anyway. Even a Champions League final against them, if the only way I could get a ticket, I don't think I could.

When I was younger I was taken to a Hibs Hearts game at Easter Road (my Mum's side of the family are all from Leith). It was about '98 when Hearts were making a decent fist of challenging to Old Firm and Hibs were utter crap (think they got relegated that season). Anyway Hibs turned out a surprise 2-1 win and on scoring their second the guy in front of us stormed out, unfortunately for him this made it abundantly clear he was Hearts fan. I've never seen anyone take the level of abuse this guy was subjected to on his way out!! :-D

Sat in United end day we won league at Tannadice.

Surprised how welcoming they were to me :) !

sat with a big mate in the late 80s against the mhanks in the game souness was sent off and we lost
1-0 the scum sussed us out very quickly that we were bears and we took a lot of verbal, two priests were sitting behind us and told the the scum around us to leave us alone and we manage to sneak out before the game ended never again.

Went to a Them Vs Chelsea game at porkheed.

Ended up in the jungle , only a kid at the time .

Left early , lesson well and truly learned .

Scarred me for life:D

Surely not!? They would have said "It is ok son, you support your team" {G.Spiers} Lying bar steward.

In Souness's first season the last OF game at parkhead stood in the celtic end down at the corner flag by the main stand. They scored and we realised there were a lot of fans with no colours around us that didnt celebrate the goal. We left at HT that day.
Must have been totally fearless when younger.

Last edited:
Surely not!? They would have said "It is ok son, you support your team" {G.Spiers} Lying bar steward.
They wouldn't have known who I supported kept shtum .

An experience that has always stuck with me and a lesson learned and never to be repeated.:D

Went because I had a soft spot for Chelsea growing up, grew up on a mixed housing scheme and went with a tarrrier and his older brother who I used to play football with .

All part of life's learning curve .

Did it at the shitehole in Souness first season. Couldnt get a ticket for the Rangers end.
Lost 3-1 from memory. When Rangers scored turned out we had a lot of our fans among them. Also forgot I had my Rangers pin badge on the collar of my jacket.
All in all not a pleasant memory.

Back