Heart and Hand Bisgrove Interview

He speaks very well and is clearly a very focused and driven individual.

His numbers, if correct, are impressive and will hopefully benefit us on and off the field.

I don’t believe a lot of what he says however but that’s just me.

Obviously I preferred not having to buy all sorts of shit I didn’t need but issues with mygers are also compounded with us losing over 20000 away tickets a season due to allocation cuts
You probably don’t mate , I get the impression on here your at every game whether you buy add ons or not

Reading between the lines he confirms the club equates mygers "loyalty" as how much you spend with Rangers - not how much you spend on following Rangers away.
Why would that be wrong? Many folk are unable to attend away games but plough fortunes into the club. Do you think fans who travel away are more loyal? Much of that money will go to travel companies, the opposition club and pubs in the opposition club’s locale. Apologies if I’ve missed the point.

No I’m saying it as in I’ve been utterly stupid buying stuff as it’s not needed
I enjoy your posts but also wonder how you can have as much interest and dissect the flaws of a ticket scheme for games you know you’ll be sorted for , I’m guessing to point they flaws out to others? which I tip my hat to ;)

He used the term “fan engagement” within the first couple of minutes. AKA rinsing the fans for every £ they can get.
I love this quaint idea of the poor fans duped by Mr Bisgrove and his snake oil of hospitality, cool gear from Castore and the horrors of them having to watch social media ads and receive multiple emails - the horror !

The poor fans have been robbed by his hypnotic rampant capitalism which has .. checks notes…. Helped balance the books.

He must be sacked to save these wretched helpless souls from themselves.

I love this quaint idea of the poor fans duped by Mr Bisgrove and his snake oil of hospitality, cool gear from Castore and the horrors of them having to watch social media ads and receive multiple emails - the horror !

The poor fans have been robbed by his hypnotic rampant capitalism which has .. checks notes…. Helped balance the books.

He must be sacked to save these wretched helpless souls from themselves.

I dont get this train of thought from folk.

I buy tickets to to the games and that's about it.

Nobody forces me to buy anything else and I don't feel any less of a fan for it.

I enjoy your posts but also wonder how you can have as much interest and dissect the flaws of a ticket scheme for games you know you’ll be sorted for , I’m guessing to point they flaws out to others? which I tip my hat to ;)
Don’t appreciate the club playing dumb and trying to pretend it’s something that it isn’t, intentionally misleading people

Even today, Bisgrove talking about everyone having a chance in ballots. People in Bronze have less than 1% chance at tickets for some games - yes I understand technically they have a chance but if you really value transparency, tell members how many tickets have went to each tier so they can compare applications to the number of available tickets

They won’t do though, they’ll just go on podcasts and speak a good game. Greg’s often referred to my questions as the “nuances” and asks for it to get sent to the mygers team so answers can get buried or merely responded to me via email (this applies to others asking questions too). Why not collate questions, create an FAQs and distribute it? Why should he answer me privately when the answer also affects tens of thousands of others?

Don’t appreciate the club playing dumb and trying to pretend it’s something that it isn’t, intentionally misleading people

Even today, Bisgrove talking about everyone having a chance in ballots. People in Bronze have less than 1% chance at tickets for some games - yes I understand technically they have a chance but if you really value transparency, tell members how many tickets have went to each tier so they can compare applications to the number of available tickets

They won’t do though, they’ll just go on podcasts and speak a good game. Greg’s often referred to my questions as the “nuances” and asks for it to get sent to the mygers team so answers can get buried or merely responded to me via email (this applies to others asking questions too). Why not collate questions, create an FAQs and distribute it? Why should he answer me privately when the answer also affects tens of thousands of others?
Fair do’s

Regardless of the content, it’s encouraging that the board seems willing to engage and give interviews. Hopefully this is the start of something they choose to do regularly.

A lot of positive things in the interview as well. Edmiston House being expected to turn £1m a year in profit being one. Hopefully that’s invested back into things that will benefit us long term, like upgrades in and around the stadium.

Regardless of the content, it’s encouraging that the board seems willing to engage and give interviews. Hopefully this is the start of something they choose to do regularly.

A lot of positive things in the interview as well. Edmiston House being expected to turn £1m a year in profit being one. Hopefully that’s invested back into things that will benefit us long term, like upgrades in and around the stadium.

This has literally only happened as the board could see unrest on the horizon. The timing has been far too coincidental.

Or what’s the point of being deliberately contrarian to almost every majority opinion your fellow fans have as you are?

For example - There was posts on here from as soon as the Sportemongo deal was announced questioning why we were doing deals with companies like that (check my post history). I don’t give a %^*& if other clubs dealt with crooks like that or how much money we bring in- these deals are not befitting of a club like ours.

If anything the interview was an invalidation of the job Bisgrove has done. Deals like the above, unsure of the administration of the MyGers deal he was questioned about. Holding up the shambolic Castore deal as a key pillar for the club despite the many many complaints that must have landed on his desk due to the issues thousands of fans have had with them as our retail partner. If the attitude is ‘to %^*& with the customer, all I care about is the bottom line’ then I guess Bisgrove is doing a great job.
I too voiced concerns about the deal with Sportemongo. Same as yourself I felt it was not a suitable company for us to be involved with or even industry. You know what I was told by some crypto bro?
" you just stay poor "

I just listened to the whole thing, fair play to both David Edgar and James Bisgrove as i now know much more about the ins and outs than i did an hour ago.
It is a step forward in the communication dept.

See if / when you wear the club down with your relentless demands to know where every single away ticket is allocated, what's your next move? Hound the laundry staff until they start greeting and give up their St Johnstone away ticket? I'm assuming you're part of a RSC, since you'll often drop into your rants that ticketing issues don't actually affect you as you're sorted anyway, so is the crux of you're issue that the RSC allocations have been cut and you're paranoid they'll get cut further, therefore increasing the chance that, heaven forbid, you personally miss out on away game?

All I know about MyGers is I never get any f*cking tickets through it.
I’m exactly the same. Im mid-high silver and i dont get anything ever and dont see how its possible to move up. Its a closed shop and after this season i’m going to give up trying and save myself some money and a load of frustration.

I’m exactly the same. Im mid-high silver and i dont get anything ever and dont see how its possible to move up. Its a closed shop and after this season i’m going to give up trying and save myself some money and a load of frustration.

Your way to move up was to buy things like the youth and woman's STs (or EH packages) when some gold members didn't.

We can argue the rights and wrongs of that but it is / was a huge chance for points.

It’s literally not a closed shop. If people buy every add on, they’d eventually be gold and there’s existing gold members that haven’t been buying them

Next season should see a bit of movement with golds dropping to silver and silvers being promoted to gold
If everyone above you buys the add ons plus they get euro aways on top of that and 2-3 away games they move further away from silver, not closer. Hence its a closed shop because silvers are lucky to get 1 game and dont get euro aways, no matter what they do.

He needs to go.

I don’t care how many Peri Peri sponsorships he has signed up to since getting job, his role in Sydney farce and subsequent comments on it should have seen him out the door.

Shows how out of touch Board are that they send him out thinking he’s going to improve mood of the support.

Could we also say season ticket holders with ticket sources within the club should have stopped also when a loyalty scheme came into place? If the players immediate family, staff members themselves, charity foundation employees , whoever it may be aren’t attending the game, should they tickets not then filter into the MYGers and corporate ballots ? 100% the beneficiaries should accept the tickets anybody would but we’ve also got a situation MYGers members are paying hundreds of pounds for 4/5 tickets away tickets a season and a bear (just an example) who knows Conal from the charity foundation doesn’t miss a game and doesn’t even need to be in the scheme

Which shill is next to speak in an interview?

Bennett, Bisgrove … Robertson next?

Timing of these is so deliberate and some people are praising the club for this. Talk about having the blinkers on.

Which shill is next to speak in an interview?

Bennett, Bisgrove … Robertson next?

Timing of these is so deliberate and some people are praising the club for this. Talk about having the blinkers on.
Robertson has interview with Rangers Review last week...I'm waiting for Wilson next on whats happened with the player trading strategy

He needs to go.

I don’t care how many Peri Peri sponsorships he has signed up to since getting job, his role in Sydney farce and subsequent comments on it should have seen him out the door.

Shows how out of touch Board are that they send him out thinking he’s going to improve mood of the support.
Looks like the board think that clubs will likely prefer wonga to staunch points when we make an offer to transfer their players.

Robertson has interview with Rangers Review last week...I'm waiting for Wilson next on whats happened with the player trading strategy
Fair enough.

After watching the Bennett interview I decided to stop listening to the tripe that’s coming out.

Not interested in this Bisgrove interview nor Robertson’s.

Wilson’s would be amusing trying to justify the likes of Yilmaz, Davies & Matondo who haven’t kicked their arse yet.

Fair enough.

After watching the Bennett interview I decided to stop listening to the tripe that’s coming out.

Wilson’s would be amusing trying to justify the likes of Yilmaz, Davies & Matondo who haven’t kicked their arse yet.
He'd probably point out that it's September and most non mental people don't write off signings a few weeks after the transfer widow closes.

Last edited:
In the past week or so we’ve had Robertson Bennet and now Bisgrove.
It would almost make you think an AGM is coming and they know we aren’t impressed, oh wait…
Listened to the podcast and it was the same things said last time “we know, we agree it’s not good enough, we try to do better”. I’ll bookmark it for next seasons kit shambles and see if his answers are the same then.

Moan like %^*& at not hearing from the board then moan like %^*& when you do. :rolleyes:
I sometimes wonder is some people get any joy at all supporting rangers.it appears that if somebody from the club doesn’t say “i am crap at my job and I should be sacked” basically if they don’t say what some people on here want them to say,then the interview is a waist of time.

See if / when you wear the club down with your relentless demands to know where every single away ticket is allocated, what's your next move? Hound the laundry staff until they start greeting and give up their St Johnstone away ticket? I'm assuming you're part of a RSC, since you'll often drop into your rants that ticketing issues don't actually affect you as you're sorted anyway, so is the crux of you're issue that the RSC allocations have been cut and you're paranoid they'll get cut further, therefore increasing the chance that, heaven forbid, you personally miss out on away game?
Essentially my crusade would finish the moment the club release information on allocation split. If the club were to confirm how many tickets we get in total, how many go to mygers and within that how many go to gold, silver and bronze I would become obsolete

I expect RSCs to get cut further eventually, you’ve taken it from the wrong angle here. I just don’t appreciate the club bleating on about being open and transparent when they’re anything but

I sometimes wonder is some people get any joy at all supporting rangers.it appears that if somebody from the club doesn’t say “i am crap at my job and I should be sacked” basically if they don’t say what some people on here want them to say,then the interview is a waist of time.

Or there is an extensive troll network working night and day on here to stir up discontent.

Fair enough.

Maybe a wee bit early to judge signings yet, don't you think?

Lawrence, Tillman and Colak also all played a huge part in us beating current joint top of the Eredvise to qualify for the Champions League and have made big contributions in other games too.
A bit of cherry picking with the signings there.

Let's not forget celtic have paid £4 million for a left back who can't depose Greg Taylor and also signed an absolute dud of a central defender, who's just been humiliated by the technically gifted Curtis Main.

I think new signings need at least until Xmas, before we decide they're pish, or maybe even quite good.

Just ask John Lundstram.

If everyone above you buys the add ons plus they get euro aways on top of that and 2-3 away games they move further away from silver, not closer. Hence its a closed shop because silvers are lucky to get 1 game and dont get euro aways, no matter what they do.
The domestic aways don’t matter in context, so long as someone in bronze applies for all aways and buys every ticket offered, they’ll get the same points as someone in gold that applies for all and receives 3/4 tickets more than them

Point taken regarding European aways. I’ve long said gold members that do 50%+ of European aways and buy add ons will never be overtaken. Therefore, in that sense, then maybe that small band of gold could be perceived as being a closed shop

The reality is that a lot of gold are refusing to buy add ons and if there’s people lower than them in gold currently or in silver, those people will soon overtake the others. That then tells you it’s not a completely closed shop

Though, just to reiterate, I do accept that golds doing 50%+ of European aways and buying add ons means that they’ll always remain in gold. Eventually people who get into gold could buy more add ons and do more euro aways, overtaking them, but people below would then be shut out

I could foresee European aways being removed for that exact reason, which would make add ons the sole differentiator, thus making the club more money

Interesting interview, quite a few new bits of info in there.

£7m profit from Crypto and NFT partnerships in last 18 months is wild! Not sure I liked his line of "it's money so we grabbed it" when some of that money has come from punters being screwed out of it but that's one for another day when you also think our main shirt sponsor is an online gambling company....

I think he is very good at his job, seems quite a clear cut and ruthless businessman. His main goal is to grow commercial revenues and he is doing that successfully and rapidly. What I think people need to realise is that he has grown most of that from a base of nil (i.e. Castore) and so once we get the £££s normalised, it might take a few turns and renewal periods to get all the other aspects sorted. When it comes to renewing contracts, we will be dealing with a much bigger and more blue-chip pool of potential partners and I think Bisgrove deserves enormous credit for that.

Much like the footballing side (where you can't jump from Scottish League 2 to Champions League in 1 step), we can't go from some of our local partners (no disrespect, we needed their vital support) to big household names in one or two moves, and it is very much a journey that we are making good progress on,.

Only the lunatic fringe on here can find issue with a commercial director who has increased our commercial revenue right off the scale.

Man massively exceeds the financial targets set by bosses.
Only FF can find fault with that.
Their half wits mate, don't know why they bother.

Some of them will even have a tinge of annoyance when we beat hearts and go top of the league on Sat.

Also I'm pretty sure he says he *thinks* it's top down, but it's hardly his main area of focus. Fuckin chill out man, so many angry, angry people follow us

Yeah, he's slightly mispoken when including The Piggery in that chat.

Rather than going too mental about, it would be as well with a follow up question at the AGM for clarity.

Having heard the whole thing, there's not too much to go mad about. The figures are very very good. Thought it was interesting that he gave the breakdown of it all (though the signal broke up a couple of times and I couldn't hear the 2nd figure for retail - was that just my download?) quite openly.

Even the likes of the Sportemongo explanation is fine. They tried something and it wasn't a complete success. While the strips sponsor situation is poor, they've not had a complete disaster as the money was upfront and of a very good value.

There's a bit of live and learn. He acknowledged they tried (as we have to do given our place in the footballing food chain) to get in to an emerging market and they probably wouldn't touch it again. If they've learned from it, that's the positive in it all with the money made too.

Of all the people on both boards, I don't really think he's a massive issue.

Great to finally hear that the ticketing operation is being addressed. The website might be decent in someways but the ticketing side of it renders any good work a farce as it sits on the old style.

Really hope that can be put in operation before NEH goes live as it'll put people off that if they need to tie in with the existing website to book things for it.

Back