Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 12:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Roofe's absence is a bit disappointing, but Arfield played well last week against Dundee Utd.

prediction: 2-0 to the good guys, Morelos and Kent.

Starting 11 should be enough to beat them. But it just goes to show a couple of injury’s and our bench looks terrible again!

Missing a good few players but that is a very strong xi with some additional firepower on the bench. The difference to last season is night and day.

Surprised Stewart dropped out the squad altogether but we are short in midfield so I understand having Barjonas in the squad.

There is no point in risking Roofe If he is not 100%, it’s still a very strong team.

Hibs look like they have gone for an attacking line up which will play into our hands

This is the type of game you would risk it tho. I'd much rather he played today than midweek or against motherwell next week.

If your no risking it today when are you going too

The lack of central midfield options really biting now. We are going to be expecting those three to be playing the next three away games this week.

Its not new news of course, we’ve been saying it for months and here we are near the end of the window still to address it

I worry about that dirty wee Ned in their defence, Porteous. Someone out to make a name for themselves resulting in a bad injury to a player

This is the type of game you would risk it tho. I'd much rather he played today than midweek or against motherwell next week.

Maybe a game when it's not actually a risk??

This is where the strength of the squad shines. Roofe injured and he's being replaced by Morelos.

Not a fan of Arfield starting two games in three days. We really need to get a signing or two in the door, we clearly can’t just hope that we won’t get injuries

So we risk Roofe, he aggravates his injury and then he’s potentially out for even longer.

Seems like a great idea.

Missing a good few players but that is a very strong xi with some additional firepower on the bench. The difference to last season is night and day.

Surprised Stewart dropped out the squad altogether but we are short in midfield so I understand having Barjonas in the squad.
Could have kept Stewart on the bench at the expense of one of the defenders.

An entire back 4 on the bench seems a bit of a waste. Could have had another midfielder or attack minded player in.

What’s happened to Greg Stewart?

Real lack of midfielders but Edmundson could come into midfield if needed.

Happy enough with the Team good to see Alfie starting hopefully fully focused.

Disappointing that Roofe is our but hopefully he’s ok for midweek.

Bench is really sparse again lacking options in midfield and out wide.

If we manage to get a few goals up Barjonas should get a run as we may need him over the coming weeks.

No Roofe.

What’s the betting that he’ll end up missing weeks as is the case with every player Gerrard says should be fit for the next game

Yip and considering he only came off as a "precaution" it will be interesting to see how long he is out for

The Manager does know that we don't believe him anymore regarding how long people are going to be out with injuries

Really hope we see movement on a midfielder this week. No harm to Barjonas but him being our only midfield option to come off the bench away to Hibs is far from ideal.

All footballers will tell you they are very rarely 100% fit. Biggest game of season so far and a key player out, all cause we played against a European minnow on a plastic pitch
Wit so did you wanting us playing a full second string 11 against Red Imps, what would happen if we lost eh? Red Imps was the perfect game to get sharpness and goals under his belt for Roofe, getting injured was unfortunate fs blaming anyone for that is weapon behaviour.

Threadbare bench today. I think reinforcements are needed bigtime now in Midfield with these injuries mounting up .

Maybe we’d rather not risk Roofe so he is definitely fit for Thursday and we feel we’ve got more than enough to win today against an inferior side?

Would have thought that we could have kept Stewart on the bench over one of the 2 centre backs, not sure we need a full back 4 on the bench

We need a couple of big weeks in the transfer market as it’s exact same team as last season who fell short. That’s not a criticism it’s just a fact. Comfortable win for rangers today but 1 more injury in advanced positions and were in trouble.

All players from last year. Minus 2 of our most important.

We’ve had a wild transfer window in all honesty.

Good team.

Arfield at the tip of the midfield triangle is his best position.

I like Hagi but I also feel we need to see him offering a bit more still.

But Kent, Hagi, Morelos, Arfield, Borna and Tav should frighten the lives out of the Spoonburners defence.

Back