Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 17:30 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Great result and for me Silva was MOTM. Only downside I saw was some of our passing which was a bit astray and Lawrence needs along with Diamonde to stop runners going through our midfield.
Hibs looked a better team than I would have thought so we came through a difficult game but looks like Sterling has a hamstring and McAusalnd maybe back too soon.
IF we had a full squad we would walk through this league no bother I had even forgot about Danilo and Sima and hope we see Sima before the end of the season.
Would be happy with the scum in the semi and not give them the chance of a final.
If we get some players back the season is ours for the taking.

They went 1-0 down in the first-half after headless defender Jordan Obita conceded a daft penalty - John Lundstram scoring after James Tavernier’s spot-kick was initially saved.

I just lifted this off the Sun's match report.
FFS............Scottish papers !

I disagree, we could play reserves and still probably win. Any injuries or tiredness to our key men on for Thursday that impact our chances is simply not worth it for a bauble.
It’s the only domestic trophy they have won more than us, and that irritates me.

I hate it whenever there’s a Scottish Cup final not involving us, even in seasons when we’ve won the league.

It just doesn’t seem right.

Second half got a bit tasty Hibs losing the plot getting two sent off. First one was a second yellow leading to the player having to go. He blocks Matondo off the ball with his hand in the face not happy with that he throws his arm out and catches Matondo again. I thought it was soft but thats the rules of the game you have to keep your arms down away from players faces and refs assistant had no option but to report it to the ref. Hibs lost their temper and a lose ball picked up by Lundstram received a two footed, off the ground, challenge by their player and it was a straight red for me all day long. Of course Michael Stewart didn't think any of them were sending off offences but did concede there were enough boxes ticked for VAR not to turn it over. Just Ha ha haha really Hibs rightly down to 9 men in my opinion?

Finally Lundstram finds Fabio Silva on the left hand side of the box with a delightful ball Silva turns inside his man and slams it into the bottom right hand corner of Marshals net from just inside the box a peach of a goal.
They were lucky they had even 9 by the end the disgusting scr s !

Great result, shit game, shit refereeing and a crappy home support who can't even fill their stadium. Well done all the Bears who travelled, superb noise today.
Lundstram and Silva were both superb today, Goldson not so much, he needs a rest.
Next time one of our young players get bullied I hope the whole team get right in the face of player responsible. We need to protect our youngsters. That muppet should have been off for his antics.

Dessers is working his socks off doing the pressing, chasing harrying trying to regain possession. We didn't create much today for Dessers but defenders and Goalies hate him.
He's working but Silva would replicate that

Dessers offers us close to nothing offensively ATM.
He seems to be a streaky striker

Both Lundstram and Silva were standouts for me in a fast paced tough game.Yet again we see a team destroying creative football by dirty play .This time they eventually got what they deserved and paid the price.
Michael Stewart rambling about how you shouldn't just tick boxes when judging a foul.
The ticking of boxes is an analysis of an event based on the rules Stewart you bitter bitter man.The ticked boxes then allow you to make an informed decision based on this.Red card correct decision.
Considering our injuries and playing off the back of a tough European game with one coming up it was a gritty performance when the players might have been tempted to avoid the physical game against a dirty team.They didn't, another standout.

Workmanlike performance and Hibs never really troubled us. Disappointing to pick up a couple of injuries but we need to rest and re-charge now for 2 massive games before the international break. 2 wins and we are in a tremendous position. Mon the Rangers.

A place in the Semi Final of the Scottish Cup secured, still top of the league & now we can focus on our Europa League Last 16 2nd leg.

Meanwhile the rest of Scottish Football can spend the week wanking themselves into a frenzy about Masonic Conspiracies and naughty songs.

That was a chaotic watch but equally satisfying victory.

Rangers did well to keep their collective cool as all those around lost theirs.

The sort of battling performance that does more than just get a result, it will only embolden the players and forge a greater sense of togetherness as they keep fighting all fronts.

They went 1-0 down in the first-half after headless defender Jordan Obita conceded a daft penalty - John Lundstram scoring after James Tavernier’s spot-kick was initially saved.

I just lifted this off the Sun's match report.
FFS............Scottish papers !
Guarantee they've used some sort of AI that takes match talking points to generate the article. They'll have used the term 'Obita loses his head' or similar, and this is what it'll have spat out.

When we got to uefa cup final 2008 me and my mates started singing "%^*& you Celtic"

An old boy in the pub told us to stop, he said look at what we've done and you want to sing about they manky bastards.

Old boy maybe has to lighten up a bit.

Great result and for me Silva was MOTM. Only downside I saw was some of our passing which was a bit astray and Lawrence needs along with Diamonde to stop runners going through our midfield.
Hibs looked a better team than I would have thought so we came through a difficult game but looks like Sterling has a hamstring and McAusalnd maybe back too soon.
IF we had a full squad we would walk through this league no bother I had even forgot about Danilo and Sima and hope we see Sima before the end of the season.
Would be happy with the scum in the semi and not give them the chance of a final.
If we get some players back the season is ours for the taking.
I feel like it's going to be a good season in the league even without those certain players. But they will be needed in the European match. Will they recover by then?

Hello, everyone. This is my first post.

Back