Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 17:30 Sunday - Viaplay Sports

Good victory in the end that keeps the train rolling.

Fabio is really showing his worth now and he was my motm. Souttar had a solid game at the back.

The media will no doubt go into meltdown about the penalty and 2 reds even though it was 3 correct decisions.

Injuries are a major worry. We just need to get to the international break to re-group.

Well that was the most disgusting performance I have ever ever seen from any oposition team anywhere.

They didn't appear to have any recognition of the rules of the game and, from the start, seemed only intent on injuring our players.

I will surely revisit this thread very soon !

We better get The Silky Scouser tied down to a new contract he's been immense for us at times and you could tell he had something to prove after the Benfica game.

Good win. Didn’t break sweat. Hibs were up for it and then lost the plot. They probably thought we’d be knackered, but we managed the game well, given the midweek exertions. Two great goals. Loved seein’ Lundstram take a couple of steps back at the penalty then ran past everyone to score. Outstanding.

Second half got a bit tasty Hibs losing the plot getting two sent off. First one was a second yellow leading to the player having to go. He blocks Matondo off the ball with his hand in the face not happy with that he throws his arm out and catches Matondo again. I thought it was soft but thats the rules of the game you have to keep your arms down away from players faces and refs assistant had no option but to report it to the ref. Hibs lost their temper and a lose ball picked up by Lundstram received a two footed, off the ground, challenge by their player and it was a straight red for me all day long. Of course Michael Stewart didn't think any of them were sending off offences but did concede there were enough boxes ticked for VAR not to turn it over. Just Ha ha haha really Hibs rightly down to 9 men in my opinion?

Finally Lundstram finds Fabio Silva on the left hand side of the box with a delightful ball Silva turns inside his man and slams it into the bottom right hand corner of Marshals net from just inside the box a peach of a goal.

Absolutely not.

We trail the Mhutants by a treble and seven Scottish Cups.

It’s a competition we should be busting a gut to win every season.
I disagree, we could play reserves and still probably win. Any injuries or tiredness to our key men on for Thursday that impact our chances is simply not worth it for a bauble.

Did we kick his sandcastles over as a kid or something? He had a serious chip on his shoulder.

Any game where Hibs lose the plot is satisfying
No idea what they were getting so worked up about.

The guy who got the first red was lucky not to have had it when he was pushing our injured player and medical staff up the road. Looked like the ref was trying so hard to keep him on the pitch he went out his way to talk to Newell to mention he was on the last warning.

Second one was just a late tackle. 50 years too late as it was just a yellow in the 70s.

Back