Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Dessers goal was so clever, hopefully a sign of better penalty box striker to come, cracking to see some in swinging corners at long last
I said that during the game. Good to see tav and yilmaz swap sides for an in-swinger.
Looked so much more dangerous. *When it got past the 1st defender.

one hand in the air at a corner means i am going to hit the first defender , still haven't worked out what 2 hands up means

Those lines aren't in line with the white line
Jesus does anybody understand anything? The lines won't be "in line". Have you ever drawn a row of houses or a road going into the distance? Try drawing a road going into the distance and have the pavement on each side parallel. If you can do that you can't draw! And that's why the lines shouldn't be parallel.

“Decent” that’s harsh
Anyone who has watched us post Christmas break in the last 5 years or so would know we have struggled.
We’re comfortable in this game
I thought we were comfortable too, just without being amazing. I think we've played better and gone it at ht 0-0 and we've played worse and been up at ht. I liked the way we controlled the 2nd half.

Not going to complain about a 3-0 win at Easter Road, but still thinking we can improve.

I would have taken the result way before the game last night. We play some lovely stuff, but still lack that killer instinct to finish teams early. Crosses into our box are almost always won by the opposition, which is a major concern. However, its clear that Phil has brought these players on leaps and bounds. We're still in this title race, make no mistake about that.

Terrific away win. We have previous for coming back from Winter breaks and being poor but we looked fit and hungry

For all Beales faults (and there were many) Butland and Sterling have been excellent signings.

Enjoyed that, especially our 2nd half display. Lundstram once again on his own in midfield first half. Sterling provided strength and conviction in the 2nd. Lawrence gave better balance than Cantwell, despite his excellent goal. Delighted for Dessers. Peach of a goal. The best move of the entire game produced a brilliant finish from Lawrence, but ruled offside by a centimetre. Ridiculous decision. Overall, great 3 pts.

The morning after the night before and it's still wonderful. The calibre of all three goals were outstanding and excellent in their own right, but if Laudrup or Gazza had scored that third, we'd be raving on here for ages. The cheek of it wants to make me think it could help Dessers turn the corner. We live in hope.

Lundstram was superb and the manager seems to have given him a new lease of life. Sterling was outstanding when he came on. I thought the full backs were great too. But one wee negative, we got caught down the flanks a couple of times in each half, and if it wasn't for Butland the whole game changes.

Last season's great white hopes, Cantwell and Raskin still flatter to deceive but what a strike for that second goal. I just hope TC is okay fitness wise.

The second half performance was superb and gives me hope for the rest of the season.

This manager sure seems to be getting a tune out of this squad andf I love the way he is out on that touchline, engaging with the players and the 4th official when need be. A breath of fresh air.

I think a good few of us this time yesterday, were looking at last night's game as a potential banana skin, but we were certainly worth that win.

Wonderful stuff Rangers and credit, where it is due.

Last edited:
Think something more needs to be made of the way that the two Hibs players, in front of the fourth official, telegraphed the fact they were in to do Cantwell and got away with it.

Jesus does anybody understand anything? The lines won't be "in line". Have you ever drawn a row of houses or a road going into the distance? Try drawing a road going into the distance and have the pavement on each side parallel. If you can do that you can't draw! And that's why the lines shouldn't be parallel.
That is true, however if you look at the cut of the grass and use it as the measurement, both players left heels are in line with the cut and therefore in line with each other. Onside.

Watched the game on Hibs Tv. Thought Stuart Lovell was excellent on co-comms. Fulsome in his praise of us and called out their winger for a blatant dive just before HT

Not sure of it's been mentioned as haven't had time to troll through previous. Felt Fabio brought something we don't have, intelligent runs to create space, and something we don't have, someone who makes front post runs (I know he missed one at front he should have scored). He took the defender away to allow Todd to get his goal. Him and Todd are on same wavelength, intelligent footballers.

Back