Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Lundstram is MOTM but as good a team performance as that was, that win was built on Jack Butland making key saves at important times - in the first few minutes when it's 0-0, and when we were 2-0 up and he somehow managed to block their chance from a cut-back.

That's the difference a great goalkeeper makes - at the fine margins when you really need them to. If we got Butland a few years earlier we'd probably have at least another title and a few cups.

Great professional performance from The Rangers.
Yet another referee who allows free hits on our players, the one on Cantwell just before he scored was more like something from upcoming 6 nations

Well done Rangers. Great performance and 3 points.

I thought the refs and VAR were excellent tonight. Got everything correct imo.

Refreshing when you don't have Collum involved.

Sterling absolutely deserves that jersey beside Lundstram right now, that athleticism and desire in midfield goes a long way in some games in our league.

That and Raskin isn't ready to start, and you can't trust Jack's body to hold up either.
Agreed mate. Sterling just stands out so much in the middle, you can see what he brings, and I think we were more controlled in the second half because of it.

Reactions: cav
Ref seeing things noone else could see all night.
Everyone played their part tonight.
A tricky tie but 3 points and a clean sheet.
Hopefully Cantwell not too bad an injury.

Wonderful result and a really smashing and dominating second half.

Lundstram MOTM for me, absolutely fantastic.
Tav was magic as was Yilmaz.
The talent and brilliance of all three goals, outstanding. I don't think we'll see a cheekier goal this season, than the third one.

Sterling was superb in that second half.

Oh, and Butland is priceless to us.

I'm just waiting on us reading tomorrow that Cantwell is injured for a month.

He definitely pulled up when he got clattered at the dug out before scoring his goal.

Sorry for the play buttons!

Offside lines

j4tMqrI.jpg

Without lines

cI82ZoG.jpg
The cut of the grass is the parallel line right along the 18 yard box. You can see that Lawrence and the defender are exactly in line with each other. A more clear cut onside and misdrawn lines you will never see.

Sterling was the right substitution at half time. The goals were great and we didn’t look leggy towards full time. Good performance.

Reactions: cav
Happy days they didn’t lay a glove on us, 3 good finishes and plenty of good individual displays.

Thought Matondo and Ridvan were very good down the left in the 1st half, Silva looks a clever player who will offer plenty.

2nd half Sterling and Lawrence I thought were good as was Wright and Dessers when they came on. Only quiet performance was maybe Raskin but all round a fantastic result

Good stuff, perfect night. Game time for Jack and Lawrence. Goal for Dessers. Great strike by Cantwell. Clean sheet, should have been 4.

I think I might be in love with Jack Butland.

John Souttar excellent player.

Steven McLean our most dishonest ref.

Good result manager deserves so much credit for what he is doing with this team.

Great professional performance from The Rangers.
Yet another referee who allows free hits on our players, the one on Cantwell just before he scored was more like something from upcoming 6 nations
This. We played well but not a level playing field. We can't ignore this. Ideal game to raise questions as we won well.

Time to get off big Dessers back. Sticking the ball in the net regularly. Imagine he had more confidence the numbers "should" and could be significant.

He has a knack of being in decent positions.
His movement to be in those positions is very very good , he may no be the quickest but he’s contributing . He also may well have 20 goals by the time the shiny cups are handed out- who was the last Striker to do that for us in a season ?

Reactions: Del
That was a very good performance. Hivs chasing shadows at times in the second half. Lundstram and Ridvan were excellent and Sterling has to be given midfield spot ahead of Raskin. He is a superb footballer. Onto St Mirren on Saturday for another three points and put the pressure on the Bheasts.

Great performance tonight. Lundstram, Yilmaz and Sterling superb. Matondo also did very well. Butland excellent of course. All the rest were good as well.

Well done Gers! 3 good goals and a clean sheet. Two decent penalty shouts that VAR ignored, yet look at a potential handball from Balogun! Good to see Sterling back, I like him a lot.

I like Tom Lawrence, but he was looking along the line and should have taken away any doubt about the offside. A more intelligent player would have kept himself 100% onside.

Excellent result, and well deserved though top marks to Butland for several great stops.
Ridvan is certainly coming onto a rich vein of form so if he leaves in this window I hope there’s going to be a very talented replacement lined up.
Those goals we scored were worthy of winning any game.

He should get “a chance” every single time he pulls a Rangers jersey on.

Even when we aren’t playing the guy gets slaughtered on here on various match threads on English football etc. I think it’s beyond a joke tbh.

I think he’s shown himself deserving of some genuine backing to see what he can really do.

The Lammers/Dessers pisstake double has been separated and I think he’s worth giving some genuine faith to see what he’s capable of.

He’s been thrown into the maelstrom of Beale anger and suffered.
Tbf to that section of the support however, that run at the piggery was almost inexplicable.

Sima is out, Danilo is out, Roofe is out.
I’ll make the effort to back the guy who is paid to score goals and hope others do too.

Great performance tonight, that's the sort of performance Lundstram needs to be showing week in week out, he was a monster in there, organising everything.Very important save from keeper at 2.0 ,the guy is class, Ridvan played well as did Sterling second half, that lad is going to be a superb player,and what a finish from Dessers absolutely class.Well done the teddy bears.

Didn’t start too well. Lots of missed passes and looked a bit frantic. Slowly steadied the ship as the half wore on and began to make some decent chances.

Ridvan goal from a beautiful Lundstram pass changed everything. After that, one scary moment from a wide free kick that was headed just past our post aside, we totally dominated.

Complete control entire second half and could and should have scored more.

Lastly, two shocking no penalty, no VAR review, decisions against us yet again. The old 19th Century Terrorist press onslaught has definitely worked. Refs and VAR shit scared of giving us penalties
Thanks mate

Was happy with the performance of silva. Not his natural position but he did great and broke up their attacks in first half. He will score us goals. His touch is sweet and good balance.

For me we still need a striker to get the best out of cantwell and silva.

Well done Rangers. Great performance and 3 points.

I thought the refs and VAR were excellent tonight. Got everything correct imo.

Refreshing when you don't have Collum involved.
Really?
Ref was OK?
Surprised he never booked Cantwell for tripping the Hibs boss after he was the meat in a junkie sandwich just before half time.
VAR lines looked iffy as well, just as well the game was already over.

Great performance tonight. Lundstram, Yilmaz and Sterling superb. Matondo also did very well. Butland excellent of course. All the rest were good as well.
Good summary, other than Matondo.
I thought he was awful tonight.
I’m desperate to see him become an important player for us, but he does so many amateurish things and gives away possession too often.
Between Matondo and Wright there is not an ounce of footballing intelligence. We need much better than those two.

Back