Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Well done The Famous. Tav, Ridvan were excellent. Dujon very good sub and big John controlled it so well. Deserving MotM. Goodnight Bears!

2nd goal killed that game. 2nd half we could and should have scored more than 1 but on we jog to the next game having taken very little out of ourselves.

Lundstram Motm for me. Notable shift from Yilmaz, Super Jack, Sterling.
Cheeky finish from Dessers to round off a good night.

Reactions: cav
Sorry for the play buttons!

Offside lines

j4tMqrI.jpg

Without lines

cI82ZoG.jpg

As others have mentioned, three great goals.
And it has to be said, the one from Dessers was pure class !

Possibly due a penalty ?
Certainly, the disallowed goal is quite absurd -- VAR lines "drawn" again to suit the desire to not give us anything from it.

Some good performances, but a major one I took from this was that Sterling is a far far better central midfielder than Raskin.
Oh, and that Butland is a super goalie !!

Wonderful. A statement win.

Great tactics. Great effort. Great goals.

A few player and team doubters and tim lurkers back in their box tonight. Get it right round ye.

Onwards and upwards.

Lunny strolled it.
We strolled it tbh never came out of 2nd gear. Bar one save by Butland Hibs were useless.

Dessers in an enigma. Honestly the one he scored was ridiculous and then one on one he shites it. He’s in his own head too much.

That was very enjoyable to watch, we played well and scored some cracking goals. For me I think Raskin has to win his place back, there is a different energy when Sterling plays there and he deserves to start.

Solid for the most part, bit careless at times, will take 3-0 win at Easter Road any day of the week.
Won well within ourselves, great 3 points.

Absolutely piss easy game in the end. On another day, that is a 6-0 doing Hibs are on the end of. If we are a bit more clinical in front of goal and a few of those final balls come off for us. Hibs have somehow got worse since we last played them.

Will say this about Clement, he absolutely gets a shift out of the subs. Every single sub that came on contributed to the game in some way. All round great performance.

Butland, Ridvan and Lunny were the standouts for me. Shout out to Dessers too, keep it up big man!

Pleasantly surprised by the ease of that victory in the end, big up for our goalie though for setting us off on the right track.
Lots of good displays in our team there, Yilmaz right up there and to get rid would imo be mental as he is improving by the game.

Very pleased with that second half.

Sterling starts over Raskin for me, he was superb from the moment he came on.

Team started playing with more and more confidence as the game went on and Hibs couldn’t have many complaints if it was 5 or 6.

Shout out to Lundstrum who was excellent again.
Sterling absolutely deserves that jersey beside Lundstram right now, that athleticism and desire in midfield goes a long way in some games in our league.

That and Raskin isn't ready to start, and you can't trust Jack's body to hold up either.

Didn't get to watch tonight, how did we play?

Didn’t start too well. Lots of missed passes and looked a bit frantic. Slowly steadied the ship as the half wore on and began to make some decent chances.

Ridvan goal from a beautiful Lundstram pass changed everything. After that, one scary moment from a wide free kick that was headed just past our post aside, we totally dominated.

Complete control entire second half and could and should have scored more.

Lastly, two shocking no penalty, no VAR review, decisions against us yet again. The old 19th Century Terrorist press onslaught has definitely worked. Refs and VAR shit scared of giving us penalties

Get Saturday out the way then I will agree.

That and Rugby Park would be the two you’d worry about most.

But St Mirren seem to have gone off the boil a bit. I don’t think they finish top 6 (annoyingly Aberdeen probsbly will and we’ll have to go up there again post split)

I think we’ll win by a few on Saturday

Very pleased with that second half.

Sterling starts over Raskin for me, he was superb from the moment he came on.

Team started playing with more and more confidence as the game went on and Hibs couldn’t have many complaints if it was 5 or 6.

Shout out to Lundstrum who was excellent again.
Agree. I think we have more balance with Sterling. He just glides and looks like he has class.
Raskin gives the ball away far too much for me.

Back