Match Thread Hibernian v Rangers - 19:45 Wednesday - RangersTV

Decent result that. No complaints.
Was fearful of this being our banana skin game & gifting them a bigger gap:oops:
6 points & a game in hand. Not counting my chickens yet but they'll drop points before we play them again.
Starting to get a sniff of 56 :cool:

The lines for the offside are angled. What's the point in VAR when they don't have enough cameras?
Totally agree. If the technology isn't good enough - and with the camera angles it clearly isn't - then it's still prone to human error and you'd be as well just leaving it to the onfield officials.

Very good win.
Still think we need a striker and player for wings.
Sterling should play ahead of raskin.
Bring on st mirren

This is the key tonight

Win the game and close the gap at the top

We need to get the 3 points

I’d prefer a good 3-0 away win but any Rangers win will do

We cannot slip up tonight if we want to win the league
Yessss!

You got your wish haha come on!!!

Decent result that. No complaints.
Was fearful of this being our banana skin game & gifting them a bigger gap:oops:
6 points & a game in hand. Not counting my chickens yet but they'll drop points before we play them again.
Starting to get a sniff of 56 :cool:
Even better than all that mate, is the fact that it’s 5 points. Our game in hand is Ross County on Valentine’s night. As it stands it’ll be 2 points if we win that.

They "rock" the images with a clearly defined line in the sky epl matches to see if there is an offside. I take it the non sky matches they have the same technology.
Up here you get a line that looks like it's been drawn with a crayon. If you get a line. For them however, they would go back half an hour to find an incident that could mean they could disallow a goal against them.
Don’t think it’s anything to do with who’s covering it. There are different levels of VAR. Scottish football bought the basic package. England has the bells and whistles version.

Very pleased with that!! Always feel coming back and playing the first competitive game after a winter break can be tricky....but No that was Toffee!! Well Done Rangers!!...and for a change...Big Cyriel was clinical. All good in the hood!!

Great win and three excellent goals. Thought Lundstram was our best player today but special mention to Super Jack Butland for big saves at big times.

Considering the players we're missing and a new front three, it's a terrific performance and result. They had a couple of chances but we could have scored more as well.

A good nights work by us.
I think the only concern is we are still to easy to play through, 2 / 3 passes and they are through on goal, kudos to JB and a good nights work in a difficult place to go to

If you look at the line of 18yard box the offside lines are not drawn parallel as somebody who excelled in tech drawing))) can clearly see
If it was Drawn right he'd be on by a boot
But well done Gers excellent win and some good solid performers
Don’t know how it works.
that line where it appears to move away from the parallel of the box has happened a few times . Twice I noticed at fir park.

I think the only concern is we are still to easy to play through, 2 / 3 passes and they are through on goal, kudos to JB and a good nights work in a difficult place to go to

Yeah that's fair. Hopefully it's just down to Tav being the only one of the back four tonight who actually starts regularly.

Well done Rangers. I was giving Todd Cantwell pelters for much of his first half performance and then he hit that screamer for 2-0!!!
It was a good performance, but we shouldn’t forget the contribution of Jack Butland with big saves at the beginning of each half.
I thought that tactically in the first half we looked a bit imbalanced with Silva and Cantwell running into the same space.
If Ridvan is going, we are starting to see what we might be missing!!

Another disciplined display where we played some really nice football and the result flattered Hibs.
Could and should have been 4 or 5 nil.
Indeed mate. The only thing that bothers me slightly tonight. We could've and should've put six past the spoon burners. Still, delighted with the performance when we finally sparked into life and some decent individual roles, not least Lundstram and Sterling.

Even better than all that mate, is the fact that it’s 5 points. Our game in hand is Ross County on Valentine’s night. As it stands it’ll be 2 points if we win that.
That's what I thought immediately ma man!!
Was gonna fire a post on but you've already confirmed it. Yeah down to 2pts if we keep winning. Need to just keep calm and carry on. They're not gonna like being pursued like this if we do.

I had us at 8/1 for 3-0. Feel for anyone who had us for 4-0 with those VAR lines.

Anyway my winnings, albeit only £40 will be going to the young lad who broke his neck playing football and looks likely to be unable to walk. Thoughts and best wishes with young Declan McDonald & his family at an incredibly tough time.

great 3 points and 3 good goals.
dessers was a really smart finish,just about ,but a crafty reverse into the net.
lunstram a standout motm,ridvan put in a shift too but really needs to watch his positioning while defending and brush up his passing completion ratio when he gets into the danger area but he's not alone in that.
sterling needs to start imo.superb player.
ryan jack,please stop fuxking around in our own defensive area.nearly cost us a goal again.sometimes just boot the bloody thing clear.
central defence strolled it and butland made a really big save at an important time.
good nights work

Well done Rangers. Great performance and 3 points.

I thought the refs and VAR were excellent tonight. Got everything correct imo.

Refreshing when you don't have Collum involved.
Sure it wasn't 6 points along with the foot offside?

Lots of positives.
Butland, Ridvan, Souttar, Lundstram, Sterling all get huge pass marks from me.
Matondo has some pace on him, if we can turn his final ball into quality ball we’ll have one hell of a winger there.
Great to see Lawrence back playing as well.

Great performance tonight. Lundstram, Yilmaz and Sterling superb. Matondo also did very well. Butland excellent of course. All the rest were good as well.
What did Matondo do other than one pass? Was it the shot he sclaffed at instead of going across the keeper or the rocket trundler that bounced before reaching the keeper or maybe the lob from 18 yards that looped 30 foot in the air before the keeper standing still caught it?

Excellent nights work, overall pleased with the whole team performance.
3 points in the bag, well done Rangers.

Great result and a great all round team performance with some really good individual performances.
Good night had by the bears.
Well done to the Union Bears fir belting out the National Anthem near the end. Superb.

Latest posts

Back