Hibs (a) tickets - Any updates

My son and I got the notification yesterday that we have tickets.

But I went to buy them today and after putting in the card details and pressing checkout we got kicked back to the name and address screen and had to put in everything again. I done this 3 times before giving up.

Is there a problem with the site taking Visa again? Before anyone asks, theres money in the account!

Shambles. Again.

What are you actually talking about? You don’t know individual totals. So your point is not valid. You were talking about how the points threshold changed and how there was not enough points that could have been added to justify that - you are taking nonsense based on nonsense. It’s getting embarrassing. You have an option. I think it’s wrong. Because it is wrong, accept that and move on with your life please.
Who’s wrong?

But I went to buy them today and after putting in the card details and pressing checkout we got kicked back to the name and address screen and had to put in everything again. I done this 3 times before giving up.

Is there a problem with the site taking Visa again? Before anyone asks, theres money in the account!

Shambles. Again.
Yes a glitch with the website, keep trying and it eventually works. I change browser and card then it normally works

Shambles. Again.
When it takes you back to the site after inputting card details, you need to tick a box to accept Terms and Conditions, have you done that?

Those Celtic tickets really should be top down.
From a marketing point of view that would be a no brainer from the club you'll have hundreds of folk throwing money at womans season tickets, B team season tickets etc, and being honest I don't agree with that.

You could argue it should be a ballot amongst gold for bigger games like Celtic and Aberdeen but your never going to get a system that pleases everyone.

From a marketing point of view that would be a no brainer from the club you'll have hundreds of folk throwing money at womans season tickets, B team season tickets etc, and being honest I don't agree with that.

You could argue it should be a ballot amongst gold for bigger games like Celtic and Aberdeen but your never going to get a system that pleases everyone.
see what I mean by further down the line
am more than likely to be out of the running if this is allowed

Having it as a gold only ballot means that there’s approx 1500/2000 golds with no incentive to continue buying the additional crap

I’d say the top 500 were guaranteed 1 of the 2 games per season, it then creates an incentive for them to all buy

Everyone in mygers has an incentive to buy other than the top 1500/2000

That’s because away games compared to Ibrox are night and day.

There needs to be a change in match day experience at Ibrox but as we both know that won’t change anytime soon. For example safe standing etc.
Spot on mate ,a goal against hibs at Ibrox would be met with rising from the seat and applauding , it will be bedlam if we score next Saturday

Last edited:
see what I mean by further down the line
am more than likely to be out of the running if this is allowed
You and many others mate, the additional purchases don't sit right with me, I'll purchase my home and away tickets as normal but I won't be purchasing additional crap I don't need for points.

When it takes you back to the site after inputting card details, you need to tick a box to accept Terms and Conditions, have you done that?
Yeah, I've done that. I've bought tickets from the website before, so I know how awkward it can be. Usually it works on the 3rd of 4th attempt.

I'll try again later, maybe with a different card.

Having it as a gold only ballot means that there’s approx 1500/2000 golds with no incentive to continue buying the additional crap

I’d say the top 500 were guaranteed 1 of the 2 games per season, it then creates an incentive for them to all buy

So once the first top 500 get say the first piggery ticket when it comes to the next piggery game they can’t get one but say the next 500 or whatever under them will get? I think that’s fair tbh

So once the first top 500 get say the first piggery ticket when it comes to the next piggery game they can’t get one but say the next 500 or whatever under them will get? I think that’s fair tbh
No, what I mean is 250 get game 1, 250 get game 2

That still leaves enough for a small ballot with mygers

Also creates an incentive to get into the top 500 as that is achievable - would mean that people know there’s an incentive for them, much like people on the cusp of gold (to get into gold or stay gold) and the same for silver/bronze cut off

Only people without an incentive at present are those in the top 1500/2000 of mygers

Only getting 1 out of 2 also ensures it’s not a closed shop

Also creates an incentive to get into the top 500 as that is achievable - would mean that people know there’s an incentive for them, much like people on the cusp of gold (to get into gold or stay gold) and the same for silver/bronze cut off

Only people without an incentive at present are those in the top 1500/2000 of mygers

would be pretty shite if you qualified for a ticket being in the top500 in early season, missed out in the 250 allocated to mygers, then dropped out of the 500 due to circumstances etc?

the “first 250” wouldn’t need to go to a euro away game to keep themselves in the top500 after getting the first piggery batch.

the mass difference in spend would be unfair.

we can’t categorise categories.

would be pretty shite if you qualified for a ticket being in the top500 in early season, missed out in the 250 allocated to mygers, then dropped out of the 500 due to circumstances etc?

the “first 250” wouldn’t need to go to a euro away game to keep themselves in the top500 after getting the first piggery batch.

the mass difference in spend would be unfair.

we can’t categorise categories.
Not if you said the top 500 as of July Q1 update are guaranteed 1 of the 2

Fans then have the incentive to get into top 500 the year after.

You then ask top 250 if they’d prefer game 1 or 2, or you ballot them so it’s random and just your luck if you get game 1 or 2 - regardless if your 4th or 400th

See i just don’t get this. We would have travel club points down. Semi and finals points down. And Celtic points down. Why not just have all away games top down and actually reward loyalty in a loyalty scheme. The club would make hundreds of thousands additional revenue each each year. Everyone has the same opportunity to squire points. No such thing as a closed shop.

See i just don’t get this. We would have travel club points down. Semi and finals points down. And Celtic points down. Why not just have all away games top down and actually reward loyalty in a loyalty scheme. The club would make hundreds of thousands additional revenue each each year. Everyone has the same opportunity to squire points. No such thing as a closed shop.
Because there would be 17 games + cup away games as ballots to ensure fairness

Celtics allocation means is a complete anomaly in comparison to all other games

Why would 45000 renew for the same 300-2000 getting all the aways? Won’t happen and shouldn’t either

If top 500 get celtc then the 3,000 left in gold should get between aberdeen hearts hibs etc before the 500 who got celtc ?
Only my opinion and am in gold

If top 500 get celtc then the 3,000 left in gold should get between aberdeen hearts hibs etc before the 500 who got celtc ?
Only my opinion and am in gold
Then that removes the incentive, no?

The other 6 fixtures are balloted fairly between the golds

Dont agree with that at all

How was there 200 gold didnt buy livi away after registering ?
Thought they were loyal
I agree people not buying tickets are an issue. Why should people above me (top 0.005% of mygers) have same chance for Parkhead as someone that’s just scraped into gold?

There’s no incentive for people like @RFC Euro Bus to keep buying. The euro bus is above me so deserves Parkhead more than I do

Not if you said the top 500 as of July Q1 update are guaranteed 1 of the 2

Fans then have the incentive to get into top 500 the year after.

You then ask top 250 if they’d prefer game 1 or 2, or you ballot them so it’s random and just your luck if you get game 1 or 2 - regardless if your 4th or 400th
It sort of contradicts earlier posts of folk saying they missed out on tickets for certain games and they are 'top silver' etc.

Because there would be 17 games + cup away games as ballots to ensure fairness

Celtics allocation means is a complete anomaly in comparison to all other games

Why would 45000 renew for the same 300-2000 getting all the aways? Won’t happen and shouldn’t either
45000 people are not interested in away games though. There are just over 15000 people applying for away games. How many of them are applying for a friend? Lucky if 25% of people in MyGers are interested in away games based on those numbers. Out of that 25%, how many go to Euro Aways? How many want tickets for semi finals and finals? Probably them all. They need MyGers for that.

It’s certainly not fair that in what is meant to be a loyalty membership scheme, based on points, that someone with less points can get a ticket before you. But it’s fair to give tickets to people based on points for Europe and semis and finals - that makes absolutely no sense.

In general the travel club people are more likely to be near the top and with local pick up most that want will get for some games.

With semi/finals cccs and mygers is the requirement so most in that group get although that may change now people have realised that to get the big games you need both. Knowing mygers they may go to some form of ballot if it gets to the situation where most people join CCCS.

With aways there are so little available that to make it top down may put off those who only joined for away tickets. It's easy to say it wouldn't be a closed shop when in reality it likely would given those near the top will probably buy any old rubbish for the points.

That will become more apparent when it moves to 3 years and everybody's record will be based on what they have bought and not what boxes they have ticked

In general the travel club people are more likely to be near the top and with local pick up most that want will get for some games.

With semi/finals cccs and mygers is the requirement so most in that group get although that may change now people have realised that to get the big games you need both. Knowing mygers they may go to some form of ballot if it gets to the situation where most people join CCCS.

With aways there are so little available that to make it top down may put off those who only joined for away tickets. It's easy to say it wouldn't be a closed shop when in reality it likely would given those near the top will probably buy any old rubbish for the points.

That will become more apparent when it moves to 3 years and everybody's record will be based on what they have bought and not what boxes they have ticked
I can’t see it ever moving to three years.

I don't agree.

Those at the top will already be attending the B team game on the same day.

Why else would they have bought a B team season ticket? ;)
I said this in jest but just noticed that B team old firm is planned for 3pm on the same day.

he is hurting mate

:p
I’m not hurting haha. It’s just we see it every thread about top down all games and it makes no sense to Rangers to do it, I can understand the argument for Celtic but every game is a no go, as out with us in the gold category it would be a waste of £40 more or less outwith Hampden which would then drop to St & cccs anyway if members just didn’t pay due to top down.

What is the point of us debating models and approaches when at its very heart. The Rangers Ticket Office makes stuff up that frequently penalises people that have done nothing wrong as their decision making is, by and large, frequently stupid.

What is the point of us debating models and approaches when at its very heart. The Rangers Ticket Office makes stuff up that frequently penalises people that have done nothing wrong as their decision making is, by and large, frequently stupid.
Well, one look at the people they employ and it’s no surprise (aside from a few helpful ones)

The website keeps kicking me back to the home page saying only 1 ticket per customer. I only have 1 in my basket & it won’t let me get as far as the payment page @Greg Marshall im gona loose the ticket at this rate. What’s going on?

I agree with this

I cannot see a day they ever do it as anyone in bronze or silver would likely never get anything ever
And this season how many will someone in bronze get, one? The majority of members are not interested in away tickets. The amount of people applying proves that. The same people wanting away tickets are the same people that need MyGers for finals and Europe.

And anyone in bronze right now has the exact same opportunity to gain the same amount of points in three years time than someone currently in gold.

Will some people not renew if it went to top down, yes. But Rangers will still make hundreds of thousands more through the additional sales of the add-ons. And Rangers only care about the money.

Back