Hibs boss Shaun Maloney thinks Ryan Porteous was denied a penalty in the first half of their 2-0 defeat

I thought I was the only one who had no idea what he was talking about.

When was this “penalty?”

Was it as blatant as the push into Kent?
From what I remember it was from a corner....can't remember which one of our players was involved, but both players ended up on the floor.

I remember porteous punching the ground when it wasn't given. He seemed to be pulling bassey more than other way about.

Let's just say if we got one like it, it would be the headline of the game.

Graham Alexander did the same thing earlier this season after the 1-6 Sakala game against Motherwell where he cited a phantom penalty decision when they were 1-0 up as a key moment in the game.

These diddy club managers just cannot accept when they’ve been soundly and fairly beaten.

The worst cheat from Porteous was when he threw himself in the air and then curled up like a pillbug , yelping all the time , from supposedly he took a kick from Arfield. From the mainstand , you could see the clear gap between him and Arfield's foot. At least 6 inches.
He got the foul.

Last edited:
Porteous grabbed Bassey's arm at a corner and pulled him to the ground so that Bassey landed on top of him. Then claimed that Bassey pushed him.

Freekick to Rangers and a correct decision.

That prick Porteous sure does a lot of cheating.

My favourite was him kicking the ground then rolling about for 2 minutes. Think it was Arfield he was trying to get sent off.

Tbh I don’t have an issue with managers of other clubs claiming decisions they didn’t get etc. They all do it … unfortunately for Maloney the ref wasn’t Clancy or Collum or who knows ? :eek:o_O:mad:

Not only is he the most boring manager jn the league he genuinely looks like a wean aswell
I was thinking that during the game yesterday. Maloney doesn't look "he's looked after himself well" like Neil McCann or Alan Hutton or some of these guys - he just looks like he's still about 25. It's a bit weird.

Porteous is facing Bassey when the corner is being taken , trying to block him attacking the ball. He then grabs Bassey and both go down. Free kick to us all day.

According to Tom Miller last night the bold Shaun upset Jim Goodwin on Saturday by claiming Hibs should have won 5-0 rather than being beaten 0-1 so seems he has a history of delusion

Graham Alexander did the same thing earlier this season after the 1-6 Sakala game against Motherwell where he cited a phantom penalty decision when they were 1-0 up as a key moment in the game.

These diddy club managers just cannot accept when they’ve been soundly and fairly beaten.
They know throwing shade at Rangers will gain traction and buy them time. Jack Ross was one of the worst at it.

Maloney is under pressure already and is just deflecting from the result. His appointment was never gonna work, everyone apart from the Hibs board could see it.

And I guess Radio Clyde are trying to deflect from their own club’s contentious decisions last night, by trying to push the narrative that we also benefited from a ref’s decision.

It is all horsepish.

Somebody’s on the deludamol.

The phrase they are taught ‘it’s difficult enough coming to places like this’ alluding to the officials cheating them.

Everytime we beat that junkie mob they come out greetin, and of course the pape media will pick up on this and push this narrative to take the heat away from Celtics dodgy winner. Read that lot like a book.

The worst cheat from Porteous was when he threw himself in the air and then curled up like a pillbug , yelping all the time , from supposedly he took a kick from Arfield. From the mainstand , you could see the clear gap between him and Arfield's foot. At least 6 inches.
He got the foul.
At one point Porteous was running out his area with the ball and deliberately slowed down to initiate contact with Morelos, who was chasing him. Was surprised Walsh never fell for it and flashed a card. He cheated all night. On the plus side, there’s a good chance thats the last time we play Hibernian this season. Fingers crossed.

Porteous grabbed Bassey's arm at a corner and pulled him to the ground so that Bassey landed on top of him. Then claimed that Bassey pushed him.

Freekick to Rangers and a correct decision.

That prick Porteous sure does a lot of cheating.
Spot on but sure it’s Aribo who was picking up Porteous. Bassey takes the front post.

Back