Hibs boss Shaun Maloney thinks Ryan Porteous was denied a penalty in the first half of their 2-0 defeat

Jesus f**k , this is level of cheating and stupidity we are up against
More rank stupidity than cheating...but yes it seems to be. Surely a guy as insightful as Maloney, "we could have beaten St Mirren 5-0 today" (they lost) must know that last night they should have been horsed 5 or 6, rather than just the two! Imagining anything else explains why Hibs are falling apart under him.

Every game without fail...

Posteous man handles /fouls a striker and he'll either:
  • shout at the player on the deck if he gets away with it
  • laugh and plead with the ref if the foul is given
Then when Hibs get a corner he goes up, grapples with a player, hits the deck and throws his hands in the air.

In short: Porteous is a parody of himself. ALL he does is try and wind Rangers players up/get them sent off. He could have been decent, but he simply doesn’t have the mentality to play at a better level. If I was his manager, I’d be raging at him. You simply cannot spend all your time concentrating on gamesmanship. He let’s himself and his teammates down constantly. Bizarrely, the Hibs fans seem to lap it up. Each to their own, but if you look at Alfie’s record versus Hibs, I wonder why they accept that.

Scottish diddy team manager’s mentality … when your team have been pumped just claim they big bad huns got away wi murder …. Pathetic

Didn't he also say after losing to St Mirren that Hibs could have won 5-0? Only thing more confusing than his takes on football is his accent.

Pipe down Frodo. Genuinely have no idea what incident the little clown is talking about. I think he may be starting to feel the pressure. Lovely.

I actually agree shaun, Kent should have had another penalty and it is difficult for the officials to give them to rangers

I assume he's referring to the Kent push

Maloney is so out his depth it’s scary. He’s trying to get Hibs to play the same way as Belgium, only issue is he’s got players that wouldn’t get a game in league 2 in England rather than some of the best players in Europe like Belgium have.

We really should have pressed their whole back line as none of the are comfortable playing out from the back and the few times we did press they game the ball to us.

He’ll be punted before the end of the season.

Kevin Thomson has commentated on all three games against Hibs this season (I think). I have no idea why as it's obvious he's Hibs fan trying to work for us. Obviously he likes Rangers so he just comes across as a neutral. I don't want a neutral on our own channel.

As for the mention of Bassey at CD? We really can't go into the game against Dortmund with him there. Hopefully Helander plays at the weekend to give him a chance of starting.

Shaun Maloneys’ management career in this country is going to be very, very short lived.
It was pointed out on another football show that when a manager starts doing what Maloney was doing it's a clear sign of them realising that they are under pressure so they try to deflect. Baloney Ball isn't working because the Spoonburners are not the Belgium national team, you can't ask jobbers to become high end pressers in a few training sessions. What this illustrates is that the ability to manage a little bit more than just telling a team, "we'll pass the baw and it'll all be great". If Maloney cannot adjust then he's phucked.

There are three features of refereeing in the Scottish game that I believe are a result of years of their howling. Both come from referees being scared of being chased and accused of all sorts. Even a penalty such as ours last night results in accusations from their loopy fringe.

1. The second stonewaller - Kent last night as good an example as any

2. The sympathy decision - When trailing at Ibrox away sides get away with some outright thuggery and certain yellows get a wee word at most

3. The first-opportunity-yellow - Example is Goldson last night which was a foul but a genuine mistimed attempt at winning the ball - Opposition can do this multiple times before seeing yellow - See point 2.
At one point last night I said to my son that Aribo should just take his jersey off and give it to Devlin, he clearly wanted it and Walsh clearly felt he deserved it.

Last week I gave him the benefit of the doubt and was actually crediting the wee short arsed gimp as being different from the usual vicTIM mentality of ex-celtc twats but this claim for a pen for Porteous is nothing but a fucking riddy for him.
He must really be feeling the pressure to come up with that bollox. It's as plain as day that Porteous deliberately entangled himself with Bassey and pulled him down on top of himself in an embarrassing attempt to make it look like he'd been fouled. Even the biased prick of a ref wasn't having it.
I wish even more misery to be piled on the little dick and his shite team.

Kevin Thomson has commentated on all three games against Hibs this season (I think). I have no idea why as it's obvious he's Hibs fan trying to work for us. Obviously he likes Rangers so he just comes across as a neutral. I don't want a neutral on our own channel.

As for the mention of Bassey at CD? We really can't go into the game against Dortmund with him there. Hopefully Helander plays at the weekend to give him a chance of starting.
Helander isn’t in the European squad.

There are three features of refereeing in the Scottish game that I believe are a result of years of their howling. Both come from referees being scared of being chased and accused of all sorts. Even a penalty such as ours last night results in accusations from their loopy fringe.

2. The sympathy decision - When trailing at Ibrox away sides get away with some outright thuggery and certain yellows get a wee word at most

3. The first-opportunity-yellow - Example is Goldson last night which was a foul but a genuine mistimed attempt at winning the ball - Opposition can do this multiple times before seeing yellow - See point 2.
Spot on

I thought Maloney might be a decent appointment for Hibs. I just thought its a break from the same old boring appointments that go in the merry go round around the SPL. Plus I thought maybe working with players of the quality he has, he might have learned something. However I am being proved wrong on this. He looks well out of his depth. He is about a foot and a half smaller than all the players, they all tower over him meaning he has no real presence or ability to put a bit of fear into them.

They couldn't refuse the money they got for Boyle but he was their Talisman. He was not a great player but what he had was pace and that is dangerous when teams actually play a more open formation against you. Selling him when Nesbitt is so out of form and Doidge is injury prone seems like a really bad decision.

As for the penalty, he was tussling with Bassey as much as Bassey was tussling with him.

The main stonewall penalty missed by the ref was on Kent when running at full pelt in the box and player barges him in the back with no attempt at the ball. Penalty all day long but the ref saw flashes of social media posts about giving Rangers two pens and Brother being added to the front of his surname.

Trying to deflect from yet another defeat for the Leith Ian Cathro. He won’t last a full season.

Who wouldn’t appear to be a good coach when an asst. at Belgium? who have won %^*& all despite being favourites for the last 2/3 major tournaments.

Maloney is under pressure already and is just deflecting from the result. His appointment was never gonna work, everyone apart from the Hibs board could see it.

And I guess Radio Clyde are trying to deflect from their own club’s contentious decisions last night, by trying to push the narrative that we also benefited from a ref’s decision.

It is all horsepish.

Radio Scotland went with it too, despite Aberdeen having a genuine grievance D.

Strange behaviour.

He's just playing the game to try and deflect and keep the fans onside in a barren spell. Jack Ross was doing much the same towards the end of his reign.

Goldson was the only one , I thought , was a yellow.

Borna's bodycheck and first foul wasn't. Tav's tussle with the same guy that dived over Borna wasn't either.

Maloney won’t last long in that job, looks miles out of his depth. His teams playing out from the back is suicidal stuff at times, porteous especially cannot pass out from the back very well.

You can tell the writings on the wall for him, attempting to reinvent the wheel. I suppose he has assessed that such is the average poisonous mind of his support towards Rangers,

The mere mention of this, is enough to pollute their collective conscience , of the free masons, cheating huns, robbing them of victory in Glasgow.

The fact we virtually didn’t allow them to even touch the ball in their own half , none of this resonates with the manager or support.
Post match his eyes don’t ever blink , and resemble Bez jiving to the Mondays.

So perhaps there are mitigating circumstances, behind his neurotic ramblings.

Back