Hibs tried to sign Robby McCrorie on a permanent deal

Hibs can't be trusted with youth from our academy, that much has already been made clear.
On top of that they are scum, give them nothing.

Glad they’ve been told to get lost. However, I’d be very curious as to what sort of value they put him at if they tried to buy him on a permanent deal though?

McCrorie has long been spoken about as our potential long term number one. Laughable that the Edinburgh clubs thought they could buy him and probably on the cheap.

Hibs can GTF.

That’s a blatant attempt at unsettling him by offering him first team football before Rangers can, trying to get him to force the move

Good move if he gets decent game time.

Expectation seems to be that this boy will be Rangers no1 one day, why on earth would we or he consider a permanent move to Hibs ffs

We should loan more players to the SPL, and not allow them to play against us. Would love to see a few Rangers loanees score at the Scumdome or in Robbies case save a pen.

I remember McGregor going out on loan to St Johnstone, he would have been about 22 at the time and even when he returned I don’t remember him getting rave reviews and it was touch and go whether or not he was rangers class. Now he’s probably thought of as our second best goalie ever.

I’ve got high hopes for Robby, and GK is definitely a position that takes longer to click than some others. Hopefully he does well at Livi and comes back next season to play in the cups for us.

It's great that clubs rate him and want to sign him. Hopefully he'll become our number 1 in the future. Hibs can go and F themselves

ha ha wouldnt do business with hibs for any player where possible - better not in the OP is the RM will be first pick at LIvi - big step up for him

I am not sure who Livi have in goals at the moment but I hope mccrorie displaces him pronto and gets plenty games

The keeper that played against us was on loan from Aston Villa but they recalled him. They then loaned another keeper from somewhere and he got injured on Saturday so thats why they approached us for McCrorie.

He has always been highly rated since he was 14/15 and impressed at the 17s world cup I think it was when he ended up with rave reviews. He's done very well at QOTS and this loan now to Livi will aid his development even more. Another loan next season then I suspect if he keeps progressing then he will take over from McGregor when he retires.

I remember McGregor going out on loan to St Johnstone, he would have been about 22 at the time and even when he returned I don’t remember him getting rave reviews and it was touch and go whether or not he was rangers class. Now he’s probably thought of as our second best goalie ever.

I’ve got high hopes for Robby, and GK is definitely a position that takes longer to click than some others. Hopefully he does well at Livi and comes back next season to play in the cups for us.
McGregor was excellent at St Johnstone who I think were in division 1 at the time. He came back to us and had to fight with Lionel Letizi for number 1. I was blitzed at every game back then though so its difficult to remember :) !

Since when can Hibs afford the future Rangers and Scotland number one? I'd want the entire Hibs squad, Easter Road and the Hibs training ground in exchange for Robby McCrorie, and I'd be expecting change too.

Last edited:
Look at how well Kelly did with Livingston and how well he is doing for QPR. This loan could be the making of him, hopefully.

Never loan another player to Hibs again. I'd rather we kept our players to play in our youth sides than theirs!

Why would any player from us want to go there anyway? Their fans and club in general show nothing but hatred for us. Bunch of bitter no marks whom we should never do business with again.

I want to say that the only way I would deal with Hibs is if they pay over the odds. In reality I dont want our club to even speak with that scum who have continually put the boot in to us and are one of the biggest haters out there. Scum is as scum does

I was surprised his last loan wasn't at this level to be honest. Seems to constantly get glowing reports in the lower leagues.

If you don't ask you don't get but ffs why would Rangers let him go on a permanent deal when there is a clear plan for him to progress to our first team goalkeeper? :D

Great news if hes straight into the starting line up. Next season will maybe see him working closely with McGregor with a view to taking over from him!

Back