Hummel

Status
Not open for further replies.
This notion that our younger fans will be aghast at Hummel are off the mark.

My 16 year old son is actually pleased with this. Why?

1) They offered the best money. £3.5m per year vs the current £350k is a damn fine improvement. Revenue wins over brand.

2) We may get bespoke or at least different strips vs the template approach offered by the bigger brands such as Nike and Adidas. Be different, not just the same strip as many others in our colours. Different is good.

3) Hummel gear is decent quality and retro styling is in.

For what it’s worth, I agree with him. Although point 1 is the only one that really matters to me.

On a side note, people saying Nike or Adidas blah blah, how are Nike nowadays? I haven't actually bought Nike gear in years.

Can't remember the last time I noticed them making kits, shows how much I actually pay attention or care who makes kit.

On a side note, people saying Nike or Adidas blah blah, how are Nike nowadays? I haven't actually bought Nike gear in years.

Can't remember the last time I noticed them making kits, shows how much I actually pay attention or care who makes kit.

I've not owned any thing Nike since Andre Agassi ditched them for Adidas.

A shit, over hyped, expensive brand.

Im not saying this is gospel but i would have thought that the deal would have went along the lines of

Rangers ask for expressions of interest in being our new kit/merchandise suppliers
Once received Rangers then start a tender process
All interested parties put forward tenders/pricing/terms and conditions
Once received those tenders are evaluated for worth to the club

On conclusion of this evaluation Hummel made the best offer to the club in terms of the over all package.

We accepted Hummels offer.

Im not saying this is gospel but i would have thought that the deal would have went along the lines of

Rangers ask for expressions of interest in being our new kit/merchandise suppliers
Once received Rangers then start a tender process
All interested parties put forward tenders/pricing/terms and conditions
Once received those tenders are evaluated for worth to the club

On conclusion of this evaluation Hummel made the best offer to the club in terms of the over all package.

We accepted Hummels offer.
Agreed. It has to be a business decision as opposed to a go with the heart or brand. We are not in a position to turn down the highest bidder. We have to maximise every opportunity that we can. That is what the boards main aim has to be. Maximise funds and that should improve the standard of player that we can put in a jersey. Even a Hummel one!!!!!

Sorry I didn't mean sponsor I meant manufacture kit. My point was that we don't need to do anything spectacular to attract nike or adidas

‘Attracting them’, I suspect, would not be a problem. That doesn’t mean they would be paying the same - or anything like - Hummel were prepared to pay. We should be Hummel’s top earner and highest profile club. For Nike or Adidas we’d be ‘routine’.

Tell you what we need to do; buy as many of these kits as humanly possible. The more we sell, the more money we make. The more money we make the more likely we are to be successful. When we're successful we will sell even more kit and we will be able to pick whoever we want. Remember this - this season Rangers Football Club didn't have a kit on sale until half way through the season. That is something i never thought I'd see in my time supporting the club. We are getting there.

I’d be happy for us to run out in Blue shellsuits off the Krypton Factor if Granada TV offered us 5 million a year.

As long as its blue then highest bidder is all that matters.

At 3 years its an intermediate deal which will increase to Celtics level if we take a title in that period.

Having spent the last 48hrs thinking about the prospect of Hummel becoming our kit partner, I'm actually really excited for our kit launch for the first time in quite some time.

Not only the kit launches, but what the summer will bring for our whole retail offering, as we move further from the confines of the historic SD deal.

I know kits often don't quite live up to some of the mock ups, but I really hope that we are going to be looking at quality kits that are more individual than anything we were likely going to get from one of the big 2 favoured by most, myself included.

I just hope we don't have to wait too long to see what is to be released!

Was skeptical at first but I'm starting to come round to the idea of having Hummel as kit manufacturer.

The prospect of having bespoke kits tailored specifically to our club is always going to be more appealing than the cookie cutter kits that you find with the big two of Adidas & Nike.

Being a relatively small manufacturer they may see now as the perfect opportunity to 'piggyback' on to Rangers to propel their brand in Scotland & the U.K.

Main issues I have with them is the unknowns of distribution and also the actual quality of not only the kits, but of leisure wear as well.

In my opinion Nike & Adidas would have been the lazy option, this is an oppurtunity for both parties to have real success.

£3.3 million a year eh. It's no bad considering what's happened to us in the battle of banterburn

We better get an orange kit.

At my age I cant see myself in a top by Hummel or any other make, but I am sure their are others in the family who will be very keen to have them, from their Granda.

pgXRiSc.jpg

I couldn’t care less about an orange strip. My only concern is getting players that fit the jersey.
If its the same size as the top above wel manage to fit 2 players into it.

At my age I cant see myself in a top by Hummel or any other make, but I am sure their are others in the family who will be very keen to have them, from their Granda.
Maybe not a kit, but you might prefer a polo shirt, or a sweatshirt. The family can reciprocate Granda's generosity when it his birthday possibly!

Just been on a liquid lunch with some London guys i work with. Told them it looks like Hummel will be our next kit manufacturer. They looked at me as if I'd told them I had cancer.

Hopefully Hummel can pull it out the bag !!!

I respect you as a poster normally bud , but this post just doesn’t ring true on so many levels . They looked at you as if you had cancer ?? Is it sociopaths you are having lunch with ? Wtf:eek:

Can’t believe anybody gives a shite about who provides the strip! Their obviously paying the most money, and It’s the mob that’s in it that matters, and hopefully the majority of them aren’t wearing it, next season.

Check merchandise sales figures. The top ones as far is I saw were Rangers. Without any of the adjusting for inflation nonsense either.

I checked Celtic 2003 and last year where I assumed they'd have done very well. Neither got close to the orange top year for Rangers.

As far as I could tell, our two best years were better than their best.

I'm happy for someone to be more thorough though.

You'd assume that their pure massive global fan base would topple our highest years though...considering they're 10+ years ago now.

Over 1 million on Facebook liking them than us, almost double on Twitter and over 100k on Instagram.

They have more exposure.

Check merchandise sales figures. The top ones as far is I saw were Rangers. Without any of the adjusting for inflation nonsense either.

I checked Celtic 2003 and last year where I assumed they'd have done very well. Neither got close to the orange top year for Rangers.

As far as I could tell, our two best years were better than their best.

I'm happy for someone to be more thorough though.

You'd assume that their pure massive global fan base would topple our highest years though...considering they're 10+ years ago now.

That's a superb stat about the orange kit. Anyone got these figures in full or a link to them.I'd love to see them

See post above

exposure is different from actual supporters though...

a)they have access to the Champions league, which is popular in the the Far East, so the millions in Asia will recognise there name
b)they have bought a few Asian players over the years which will do the same.
c)there is an Irish diaspora, who will recognise a link to them but they are not actual supporters.

as soon as Celtic stop having access to the CL the vast majority will stop 'following' them on social media.

'liking' something on FB or Twitter or Instagram does not usually translate to being a 'supporter'

its bollox to claim that they have millions of 'supporters' worldwide

Can you explain?

a 3rd party usually 'something sports' will supply Nike, Puma or Adidas kits to a smaller club, they are the actual 'partner' for that club, most clubs in the UK are actually like this, it tends to be only the larger clubs that get a 'direct' deal with the big kit makers.

Well this has become a complete and utter rabble then hasn’t it?

I’m quite happy to wait and hear the deal explained to us properly. Im not going to lose any sleep over us being with an unfashionable kit manufacturer either.
Part of the issue is that it has been leaked sll over the shop.

The club has several blabber mouths and every time they squeal it makes the club look more amateurish.

This nonsense could have been avoided had they just came out and explained it but oh no.

The communication with fans is another area they excel at being shite at sadly.

What remains to be seen is what else will the club be selling in terms of official merchandise.

The fat bastards range just now is shameful for a club like Rangers.

a 3rd party usually 'something sports' will supply Nike, Puma or Adidas kits to a smaller club, they are the actual 'partner' for that club, most clubs in the UK are actually like this, it tends to be only the larger clubs that get a 'direct' deal with the big kit makers.

Thanks. "Just Sport Group" for Kilmarnock, apparently.

The new kit is produced by sportswear giants Nike, with the company signing a three–year contract to produce match kit, training wear and equipment.

And the deal will also see Nike’s official licensee for Scottish football partnerships, Just Sport Group, take control of retail operations at Rugby Park.

Just Sport Group will re–furbish the Killie Shop in the coming weeks and launch a new online shopping site.

Turning their nose up at a better sponsor deal - we would have killed for this sort of deal few years ago

Also on the point of younger kids not wanting the kit because it isn't nike etc is daft, it never crossed my mind who made the kit when younger just asked my dad to buy me it!

Having spent the last 48hrs thinking about the prospect of Hummel becoming our kit partner, I'm actually really excited for our kit launch for the first time in quite some time.

Not only the kit launches, but what the summer will bring for our whole retail offering, as we move further from the confines of the historic SD deal.

I know kits often don't quite live up to some of the mock ups, but I really hope that we are going to be looking at quality kits that are more individual than anything we were likely going to get from one of the big 2 favoured by most, myself included.

I just hope we don't have to wait too long to see what is to be released!

Get it on the shelves before the walk, :)

exposure is different from actual supporters though...

its bollox to claim that they have millions of 'supporters' worldwide
It's nonsense to claim either Rangers or Celtic are even remotely relevant anymore. There have been Old Firm games with less viewers than Rangers have followers on Twitter.

Maybe if this country tried to promote it's two best sports teams rather than constantly try to get it up Rangers things would be different.

It's nonsense to claim either Rangers or Celtic are even remotely relevant anymore. There have been Old Firm games with less viewers than Rangers have followers on Twitter.

Maybe if this country tried to promote it's two best sports teams rather than constantly try to get it up Rangers things would be different.

really? interested to see your source for this

really? interested to see your source for this

I would link you but it wasn't linkable it seems. If you go on to the BARB website and search for old firm dates, over both channels they are shown on they get between 250,000-600,000.

Also, I get that not everyone can afford to watch and they pirate and such, but seeing Man Utd vs (anyone) beating our biggest game by hundreds of thousands is sad.

Haven’t bought top in years might get one this time though I think the brand is a good fit for us and sounds like a great deal it’s nice to be different and Hummel have made some iconic strips over the years think spurs come to mind seem to remember Ginola in a Hummel strip would go near Nike shite make rubbish gear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back