Hungary v Croatia - Barisic limps off after 30 mins

It’s nothing to do with him being one of us.

If that was the case and Halliday was bulletproof because he’s a Rangers man then why has Gerrard continually praised him and said he’s never once let him down?
One could surmise thats SGs lack of managerial experience if you want to take it to the extreme. Gerrard probably sees a bit of himself in AH and nothing wrong with that a guy dedicated to his team but maybe lacking in quality unlike SG as a player.

He played left back against them last season. When you’re done wiping the custard pie off your face, I’ll take an apology thanks.
Only played 1 game against the filth at left back last season, granted we were on the end of a doing however in that particular game I wouldn’t single him out as losing his marker and jogging back.
That’s not something you would associate with someone at left back.
Remember the semi at Hampden the season before last when he lost McGregor though.

In terms of Barisic, is it a coincidence that 1 week prior to the last old firm game he pulled up with the same injury?

Only played 1 game against the filth at left back last season, granted we were on the end of a doing however in that particular game I wouldn’t single him out as losing his marker and jogging back.
That’s not something you would associate with someone at left back.
Remember the semi at Hampden the season before last when he lost McGregor though.

In terms of Barisic, is it a coincidence that 1 week prior to the last old firm game he pulled up with the same injury?

The point is though whether in midfield or at left back I’ve seen Halliday surrender every bit as easily as the rest of the players who were in that team. And he had an absolutely nightmare at left back mate, make no mistake about it.

Outwith the Barasic injury it’s a good game this.

Hungary playing some decent stuff and good to see such a famous old name back somewhere near the top.

They were in the doldrums longer than Scotland and didn’t qualify for a finals between 1986 and 2016 so just shows we could be waiting another decade yet :D

He’s let us down plenty of times and turned in gutless performances against the scum in the past. But you know that.

Halliday is an honest trier but nowhere near the ability of Barisic.

How can you say that because he’s had two good games in 2018 and they were against us?

Nothing he’s done since has warranted this level of praise he gets. Two good assists to Lafferty at Fir Park and Villarreal and a cross from a free kick for Goldson (I think) to score and that’s as good as his Rangers career to date has been.

The point is though whether in midfield or at left back I’ve seen Halliday surrender every bit as easily as the rest of the players who were in that team. And he had an absolutely nightmare at left back mate, make no mistake about it.
Yeah ,you have your point and your entitled to that however I tend to go on the previous OF game where he was very good as was the rest of the team.
We on this forum tend to always bring up the negatives and negate the positives , don’t you agree.

Yeah ,you have your point and your entitled to that however I tend to go on the previous OF game where he was very good as was the rest of the team.
We on this forum tend to always bring up the negatives and negate the positives , don’t you agree.

Yes, it’s exactly what is being done in just about every discuission relating to Barisic.

And last season he showed as much of a lack of heart in those games as every other player, thus proving the point, things can change.

I’d also say Barisic is unlikely to get a boost of confidence from being dropped for the big occasion. I like Halliday, but there’s just too much rose tinted nonsense surrounding him lately.

Agree 100% that Halliday was poor and to be honest I expected him to be nowhere near the team.

However he has done very well this season far better than anyone would expect.

If both were fit, who do you think Gerrard would trust in this game? I'm 100% certain he would go with Halliday.

It’s nothing to do with him being one of us.

If that was the case and Halliday was bulletproof because he’s a Rangers man then why has Gerrard continually praised him and said he’s never once let him down?

This narrative that Halliday gets an easy time of it because he’s a Bear is nonsense.

It’s because he’s easily been our best left back this season

Hold on mate, you're willing to forget/write-off Halliday's performances last year but not 'accept mediocrity in the hope he’ll finally come good' in relation to Barišić this season?

Would suggest AH is getting an easy time of it.

I expect Barisic will be away in the summer but he absolutely gets it tighter from certain quarters (or drinkers from certain pubs should I say) because it's perceived that he keeps Halliday out the team.
He doesn’t keep Halliday out the team FFS.
We paid £2 million therefore if he’s not playing it’s simply because he has shown zero form since The end of September., it’s %^*& all to do with Halliday.
A thread about Barisic has once again turned into a thread bashing Halliday, it’s not Halliday’s fault that Borna’s injured.

Hold on mate, you're willing to forget/write-off Halliday's performances last year but not 'accept mediocrity in the hope he’ll finally come good' in relation to Barišić this season?

Would suggest AH is getting an easy time of it.

Halliday actually now has a manager playing to his strengths and not publicly humiliating him by subbing him off just before HT in a game or shipping him out to Azerbaijan.

Last season means fuck all. It’s this season that should be discussed and Halliday has been so far ahead of Barisic it’s embarassing.

I
From what I understand it’s a grade 1 which isn’t as serious as a 2 or 3.
Missed training last week but from what I’m told he may be able to train at some point this week.
Still worrying though that once again we are left with no recognised left back.
if that’s the case then we should play Wallace, he’s been training all season

Halliday actually now is a manager playing to his strengths and not publicly humiliating him by subbing him off just before HT in a game or shipping him out to Azerbaijan.

Last season means fuck all. It’s this season that should be discussed and Halliday has been so far ahead of Barisic it’s embarassing.
He really hasn't. Both have been average at left back for the most part, with some good games and some bad. Halliday has the poets game to his credit but it's clear to anyone that Borna is a more talented player playing within himself somewhat

Who has all been injured because anytime I see their line-up, they seem to have everybody (diddies like Komper aside) fit.

They have had Griffiths, Boyata, Lustig, Ntcham, Rogic, Christie, Benkovic, Tierney, Biton and Edouard all out long term and that's just what I know of as I don't pay any attention to them. That's most of their key players. We haven't took advantage

Why are people just forgetting the last two performances from Halliday as if they never happened? He was absolutely fucking rotten and got hooked the second game at half time.

Halliday actually now has a manager playing to his strengths and not publicly humiliating him by subbing him off just before HT in a game or shipping him out to Azerbaijan.

Not disagreeing re performance levels this season (although you're making him sound like he's been playing like Roberto Carlos!) but definitely looks like AH is being given an easier time of it here.

If you can't see that then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

Not disagreeing re performance levels this season (although you're making him sound like he's been playing like Roberto Carlos!) but definitely looks like AH is being given an easier time of it here.

If you can't see that then fair enough, we'll agree to disagree.

Can I just make it clear that I don’t think Halliday is the answer either. Players like him aren’t going to win us leagues.

The point I’m making constantly is that an average player like Halliday is doing more than a player that cost £1.5m is.

Barisic has had more than enough time to show his supposed quality that everyone is happy to point out he possesses but regardless of injures, the jury is still well and truly out on him.

I’ll be amazed if either Halliday or Barisic are our starting left back next season. The latter just cannot be realied upon.

It's a massive shame, he was playing well up until the injury. He walked off the pitch and didn't look too distraught though. Possible it's just a precaution given his recent injury troubles. Hungary are very good down the right hand side with Dzsudzsák and Lovrencsics but Barišić had both contained for the first 30 mins.

I think I seen him at halftime just as players were coming out, sure he was talking away with the subs. Hopefully taken off as a precaution

Can I just make it clear that I don’t think Halliday is the answer either. Players like him aren’t going to win us leagues.

The point I’m making constantly is that an average player like Halliday is doing more than a player that cost £1.5m is.

Barisic has had more than enough time to show his supposed quality that everyone is happy to point out he possesses but regardless of injures, the jury is still well and truly out on him.

I’ll be amazed if either Halliday or Barisic are our starting left back next season. The latter just cannot be realied upon.

Gerrard's previous comments re Barisic suggest you're probably right. Just hope he doesn't think Shinne is the answer to that particular problem!

I think I seen him at halftime just as players were coming out, sure he was talking away with the subs. Hopefully taken off as a precaution
Croatian mate of mine is a good lip reader reckons he said "Sranje se bojim igrati protiv keltskog sljedeći tjedan pa sam se pretvarao da sam radio svoj tetivi kako bih izašao iz igre"

Left back has been a problem position for us for some time , Barisic has it in him to change that but he hasn't exactly took the bull by the horns up to now.

In my opinion ,he has the ability ,time to show he has the minerals.

As for his injury , just bad luck , hopefully it's not going to be a long lay off.

I think we should move him on, As much as Barisic is cracking LB he's no use to us injured all the time and tbh he doesn't seem to fancy Scottish Football and I don't blame him

Snelders levels of shitebaggery.

He’s had two good games in 2018/2019 this season and they were both against us.

If he was as good as everyone makes out then why was he still playing for a poor Croatian team aged 25?

And before someone comes out with the “aye but he plays for Croatia” then big fucking deal. They are a great team with only two class individuals. The rest of their team are average anyway but they are a solid unit.

Where do you start with this?

I don't think so. He hits one of them early everytime. That didn't win us the match. We won that game because we dominated then in midfield and, lets be honest, they were dreadful that day.
That's my thoughts, ALL the players were up for it not just Halliday, had the ball not gone in the Andy's area to tackle and 'set the tone', are we actually suggesting that Arfield wouldn't have gone onto bully Brown, McCrorie win EVERY header, Kent to produce a wing display we haven't seen for years, Jack actually driving himself into scoring positions...we all love Andy but that narrative is pish and unfair on all the players, Halliday included

He’s had a truly horrific season and has done fuck all to justify the praise he gets on here. Even when he has been fit, he’s been average at best.

I’ve zero time for passengers. And he’s one of them. If you want to accept mediocrity in the hope he’ll finally come good then charge on.

But attitudes like that are why we haven’t won the league again this season.
He was out with knee injuries, ACL and hamstrings in his youth, almost finished his career as 19 years old. Dinamo Zagreb let him go because their medical team saw that guy is injury prone. He has chronic problems with hamstrings and right knee, that’s nothing new.

When asking "is it a coincidence", I assume you're inferring either:

a) that Barisic has a dodgy hamstring,

b) or that he can't take the pressure of the Old Firm and has therefore feigned an injury to get out

Which one is it?

Lets wait and see how bad it is when our own medical team see him , it might not be as bad as we fear , these things happen.
Whoever plays left back on Sunday lets hope they take their chance and they have a good game , whatever 11 start , just get tore right in from the start , just like last time.

Back