Hungary v Croatia - Barisic limps off after 30 mins

He doesn’t keep Halliday out the team FFS.
We paid £2 million therefore if he’s not playing it’s simply because he has shown zero form since The end of September., it’s %^*& all to do with Halliday.
A thread about Barisic has once again turned into a thread bashing Halliday, it’s not Halliday’s fault that Borna’s injured.
It's not a thread bashing Halliday although I note that you seem sensitive to that becoming the narrative.

I like Andy Halliday and have pretty much concluded that Barisic will not do and will be away in the summer.

I haven't noticed any particular difference between Barisic's contribution and say Arfield this calendar year, or Goldson or one or 2 others. Barisic gets it tighter because he keeps Halliday out the team - nothing will convince me otherwise. There was a quite ludicrous similar situation with Cummings and Morelos towards the end of last season.

We have such bad luck with injuries. Comparatively the mentally challengeds barely seem to get any.
That is nonsense. I would imagine, without checking, that they have had far more injuries to key players than us this season. They have a better squad that can deal with them

When you look at his seasonal record, it’s simply true that Barisic seem to have a significant amount of time out with injuries every season. That appears to be undeniable no matter how good a player you think he is. His game to injury record looks worrying.

I think Rangers really need to sit down and get a grip in how they scout and assess players.

The amount of players we sign who is either perma injured, mentally weak or turn out to be unsuitable really is shocking. I would guesstimate we have wasted around £50M on players who have turned out to be poor signings for us. Sadiq and Pena head a list of some truly shocking signings.

When you look at his seasonal record, it’s simply true that Barisic seem to have a significant amount of time out with injuries every season. That appears to be undeniable no matter how good a player you think he is. His game to injury record looks worrying.

What's his history of injuries?

If we get offfered the £6 million or so in the summer for me we need to take it . We need guys who can play 50 games a season and have a huge desire to win every game .

Regarding Sunday , I’ve no fears about playing Flanagan , tell him to defend and keep it simple and he’s fine . Just don’t expect him to get forward , at all.

I think Rangers really need to sit down and get a grip in how they scout and assess players.

The amount of players we sign who is either perma injured, mentally weak or turn out to be unsuitable really is shocking. I would guesstimate we have wasted around £50M on players who have turned out to be poor signings for us. Sadiq and Pena head a list of some truly shocking signings.
Sadie cost us buttons mate, he was a short term loan. Plenty ahead of him in the hall of shame, guys like Prodan and Boli on huge contracts who barely kicked a ball.

When it comes down to it I’d rather a proper left back than Halliday and over time Barasic imo would prove to be a superior player Halliday is ok for a game or two but put him at LB consistently and he would imo get swamped and couldn’t stay switched on enough.

Barasic seems to be injured a lot and apparently Gerrard will be looking to replace him.

Why is that a sad thing exactly? He’s streets ahead form wise of Barisic this season.

You and SDF are normally the voice or relative reason on here and the two of you must have had some weekend with some of the nonsense you 2 have come up with here.

OF Game Halliday was excellent, St mirren away he was a solid 7 out of 10, let’s not get carried away though

Streets ahead of Barisic?

Plenty of times the ball goes to no one, it’s either down the throat of the right back or it’s a diagonal into the right back which is inevitably mopped up by the opposition.

He has had his fair share of ineffective and howling performances also.

I think he’ll be moved on in the summer,we should recoup our cash simply because he is the current Croatia Left Back.

If we get offfered the £6 million or so in the summer for me we need to take it . We need guys who can play 50 games a season and have a huge desire to win every game .

Regarding Sunday , I’ve no fears about playing Flanagan , tell him to defend and keep it simple and he’s fine . Just don’t expect him to get forward , at all.

Your aff it 6 million for Barisic that has to be a joke right ? We will be doing extremely well to recoup the 2 million we paid for him very well.

He’s been absolutely useless.

Your aff it 6 million for Barisic that has to be a joke right ? We will be doing extremely well to recoup the 2 million we paid for him very well.

You can't be telling me a Championship club won't stump up circa £4m for a Croatian internationalist. That said, and I've been critical of Barasic's mentality... I'd like to see him stay on in the summer, if he does toughen up a bit and get luckier with injuries while progressing in the Croatian national side we could get some serious dough for him.

He’s a current Croatian internationalist , he is rated in Europe , we will essily get between £4 and £6 million so he’s not been a bad signing just a bad fit. We move on as does he , that’s life .

Which is fine cause I expect us to play the way we did the last time we played them, sit in, defend and hit them on the counter.

Signing both Croatians when they were injured was a big gamble with our budget this year, and it really hasn’t paid off when we hit the ground running.

A lot of our players seem to have recurring injuries. No one seems to question the staff who are responsible for preventing and treating them.

Surely we wouldn’t have played him against them anyway. I’m not convinced Barasic would be bursting a gut to play either.

I’d definitely sell if we could get our money back. But we wouldn’t get our money back and there’s a few reasons for that.

Genuinely think it would have been 50/50 for Gerrard choosing between Halliday and Barisic anyway for the game after hallidays performance last time, easy choice now

If we can sell this guy for a good fee off the back of his international showings, I’d be very tempted to take it.

Give me a solid, capable, robust full back rather than an inhibited, weak willed crock.

His value won’t raise 4 fold off the back of a few international caps

Some interesting stuff on here about his previous injury record and amount of games missed in his career to date. Pretty worrying, especially when you consider that he's now plying his trade for us in one of the most physically aggressive leagues in Europe.

I think Barasic has been ok for us so far. Not awful, not particularly good, just okay. The performance and praise he picked ip for Croatia midweek was an eye opener and reignited enthusiasm that we have a genuine talent on our hands so was happy to attribute his aversge start with us to a slow adaptation to a new league / country. But this injury prone stuff is hard to deny and adding in some of Gerrard's subtle comments which seem to question his mentality, it doesn't look that great for the future.

We all wanted a warrior like big Dado but if he doesn't have that in his locker then maybe not the worst idea to call it quits in summer and recoup our money, or a small profit. But would still be delighted if BB can pull it together and go on to be a mainstay as the technical ability is there. Tough call for Gerrard if another team does come knocking in the summer.

Some interesting stuff on here about his previous injury record and amount of games missed in his career to date. Pretty worrying, especially when you consider that he's now plying his trade for us in one of the most physically aggressive leagues in Europe.

I think Barasic has been ok for us so far. Not awful, not particularly good, just okay. The performance and praise he picked ip for Croatia midweek was an eye opener and reignited enthusiasm that we have a genuine talent on our hands so was happy to attribute his aversge start with us to a slow adaptation to a new league / country. But this injury prone stuff is hard to deny and adding in some of Gerrard's subtle comments which seem to question his mentality, it doesn't look that great for the future.

We all wanted a warrior like big Dado but if he doesn't have that in his locker then maybe not the worst idea to call it quits in summer and recoup our money, or a small profit. But would still be delighted if BB can pull it together and go on to be a mainstay as the technical ability is there. Tough call for Gerrard if another team does come knocking in the summer.

Spot on for me. Good post.

I never said he faked injury.

Usually enjoy reading your posts and while I agree you didn’t say he faked an injury you claimed he has “mental issues” and then bizarrely claimed our manager has confirmed this(he hasn’t)

Do yourself a favour and get behind the lad. The false accusations don’t suit you.

He should put that heid bandage on and see if he gets back the committed, energetic and skilful player we thought we had signed.

Seems unfortunately very injury prone, quite a worrying trait for someone who plays for us in this hatchet throwing league.

Not the lads fault but he is becoming untrustworthy in an injury sense not a personal one ,how can you hang your hat on someone getting injured every few months and launch a title challenge ,throughout the years we’ve always had mainstay fullbacks ,for me I’d sell BB in the summer ,I think we could double what we paid for him at most ,not reliable ,get rid .

We can't carry passengers I'm afraid going into next season. Barisic was a decent outlay for us and this is about the 3rd time this season already his hamstring has went, we simply can't trust him going forward into next season imo and Halliday certainly isn't the answer long term either.

There's a chance we might be able to recoup our outlay on Barisic because he's broke into the Croatian International side, if we could get our money back on him or slightly more we should bite the hands off for it. Would love to see us go for someone like Barry Douglas to replace him if Leeds get promoted and he can't force his way back into their starting line up.

Time to look for another left back this guy has been a disaster of a signing. The outlay between him and Grezda and we have seen nothing in return it's shocking.

Grezda money is gone sadly but if we're clever we'll get money back on Barisic and get a proper left back.

I want nothing more than Grezda and Barasic to turn the corner and show us exactly what they're capable of. Mainly just to shut up the nonsense being spouted by some on here about 2 Internationalists, one of whom is playing for last year's World cup finalists.

Back