I have been barred from standing in the elections for Club 1872

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worry is these people want a place on our board helping make decisions.
They seem to be bigger charlatans than snp and gcc which is quite some going

I get the general vibe that it will be prawn sandwich types running it with certain other types of fans being ostracized. For example younger fans look towards UB and their RSC's etc for direction rather than Club 1872. They don't connect with a fair percentage of fans.

It appears obvious to me from comments on threads from last year and indeed this thread that there are concerns over the conduct and motivations of Chris Graham.

That's fine. Maybe people fall out or have disagreements but when you're asking people to part with their cash we really need full disclosure of what's going on here and then of course Chris Graham should have the right to put his side of the story across.

The suggestive comments/tweets, the saying something without actually saying it just puts me right off the whole thing.

The same thing has happen in every supporters groups we've had (RST, RF, C1872) They all fall out and infighting begins.

Not sure why you are sharing this on here?

I’ve nothing to do with Club 1872 and never will, just don’t see why you feel the need to tell everyone on followfollow.
Club 1872 needs to be an open and honest organisation with full disclosure. They can't ask for money on one hand then try and hide information on the other. They are a fan representative, this is the main fans forum, I don't know why there wouldn't be discussion on them?

why do we need to know this?

I’ve nothing to do with Club 1872 and never will, just don’t see why you feel the need to tell everyone on followfollow.

Let me guess, I tend to share most of my thoughts on all things Rangers on here.

People spend decent money on Club 1872 - I put in £18.72 a month - so perhaps they might be interested to know how it operates from time to time.

I’m joined as a ‘life member’ of the RST - now transferred to club 1872, and feel quite shocked that those running it have not allowed everyone and anyone to stand and allow the members to decide.

Dear Mark,

In response to your email requesting further details of social media posts that were reviewed as part of the Club 1872 election process, please note the following links.

You also asked for the name of the Independent Adjudicator. Your application was reviewed by the Club 1872 board and Alan Russell of Supporters Direct. We have copied Alan into this email.

Please note the following section of the Articles

"All candidates for election must disclose all social media accounts operated by them. In the event that any racist, sectarian, obscene or abusive posts are published on these or any other accounts directed by a candidate, at any time, that candidate may, at the discretion of the independent adjudicator, be removed from the elections."

https://club1872.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/Club-1872-Articles-December-2019.pdf

As checks of your social media accounts found posts which were homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive, the decision was taken in line with Schedule 3, point 8 to remove you from the election process.

Regards,

The Club 1872 Board

The ammount of times I have started typing poof or retard on here but thought better of it because of the ban B-)

I hate this censorship cancel culture bollocks. People want to be offended these days.

I accept that by asking this question, I am running the risk of being subjected to some abuse :)

What exactly is club 1872, what do they do, and why do they have such a high opinion of themselves?

Maybe that's a misjudgment on them, but I'm sure there has been posts in the past about their behaviour

Scroll through everyone's social media history and someone will be offended one way or another.

Its farcical. Going by what Humza Useless had previous tweeted it didn't affect him he got promoted.

Much as I expected to be. It's a closed shop and self-perpetuating clique.

I stood in response to an email plea from a member which disclosed very worrying information about the operation of Club 1872.

I was debarred on two grounds -

1/ that one, or perhaps more, of my proposers had not been paying for six months continuously into Club 1872.

2/ That some of my tweets were "homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive"

I asked for the name(s) of the ineligible proposer(s) and examples of the social media posts.

They did not give me a note of the ineligible proposer(s) but did provide links to five tweets - all of which I'm quite prepared to stand by on the basis of the context in which they were made, the content or indeed that two of them are quite clearly humorous and directed to people I know personally.

I have been made aware of one other member who has similarly been disbarred from standing despite his track record of service in fans groups/media.
Not me mate I've been a member since Day 1, having doubts about Club 1872 for a while now behaving like this doesn't make me feel any member
So in short it's not a nomination process but they will pick it

Serious question. Who is Club 1872 really accountable to? I guess their 'Board' have a responsibility to their 'shareholders', but are they actually that? What is their 'governance'. They own a substantial stake in our Club and it is worrying, not that I would have anything to do with them as would rather own my own shares.

I stopped my £18.72 a month to C1872 a few years ago as it was obvious they were a complete shambles from top to bottom,i used the money for Rangers lotto instead.I remain a life member.

Let me guess, I tend to share most of my thoughts on all things Rangers on here.

People spend decent money on Club 1872 - I put in £18.72 a month - so perhaps they might be interested to know how it operates from time to time.

id imagine most know how they operate. One of the main reasons i chose not to put anything in.

fair enough mate, maybe i have just picked up the tone of the op wrong.

Ive not heard of C1872 for ages.

I certainly ly never saw them defend us over the past few weeks.

Who is even on their board/leadership nowadays? I have no clue if there's long running members in charge or if its all new.

It lets people like me know that it's a closed shop when I thought I was paying to support the interests of all Rangers fans. There's not too many squeaky clean when you delve into football fan tweets. I've cancelled my direct debit on the back of this.

Just phoned bank and cancelled, this has come not just because of Mark, we’ve been members of RST, then Club 1872, we’re changing to Rangers Lottery, which still benefits the Club. Club 1872, and I don’t doubt Laura and Co run it with the best will in the World, however it is very Amateurish in its approach, and needs a professional approach.

Much as I expected to be. It's a closed shop and self-perpetuating clique.

I stood in response to an email plea from a member which disclosed very worrying information about the operation of Club 1872.

I was debarred on two grounds -

1/ that one, or perhaps more, of my proposers had not been paying for six months continuously into Club 1872.

2/ That some of my tweets were "homophobic, ableist, obscene and abusive"

I asked for the name(s) of the ineligible proposer(s) and examples of the social media posts.

They did not give me a note of the ineligible proposer(s) but did provide links to five tweets - all of which I'm quite prepared to stand by on the basis of the context in which they were made, the content or indeed that two of them are quite clearly humorous and directed to people I know personally.

I have been made aware of one other member who has similarly been disbarred from standing despite his track record of service in fans groups/media.
Closed shop mate and a few on a ego trip.

I've never signed up, because I don't trust that our fans can work together, ego's get involved and it ends up about individuals or cliques more than it does the betterment of the club. This is also why I said that the proposal to raise the money to buy out King seemed a bit of a bridge too far as well, because if history shows us anything, its that Rangers supporters implode in this type of circumstance

One of the biggest shareholding’s in the club operates from a dingy office on the second floor of Copland house, which is equally as dingy.

The place and those who operate therein don’t think like a big shareholding, and certainly don’t operate like one by the sounds of it. The level of transparency required from a large shareholding of a group of this type is clearly lacking in terms of who runs it and what it’s aims are.

By the sounds of it, if you don’t pay in to it and/or they don’t like you then your stuffed. They won’t speak for the main support.

Not a huge fan of this group, and that’s been the case since day one. The group will only get worse as it grows it’s shareholding.

Now that you will have some free time why don't you take on the FF fans opinions and fight the high profile scum and media who keep trying to ruin our fan base reputation?

I personally hate all the woke cancel culture stuff but dont think it was wise posting those tweets on here.
Interestingly last week many of the fiercest opponents of the woke culture were on here braying for everyone to cancel the Athletic subscriptions due to an article they disagreed with.

Seems cancel wokist culture is only bad when they don’t agree with what is being cancelled.

I don't believe that the BBC Palestine Correspondent has been sacked yet for tweeting that Hitler was right. Jokingly calling a mate a poof doesn't exactly compare does it? Makes me glad I don't do any Twitter, Instagram etc
Anybody who says adolf Hitler was right, should be ordered to do a tour of israel, russia, poland and countless other countries to explain their reasoning.

The slandering of c1872 on here comes across as quite sinister at times.

It often goes beyond a standard debate/discussion of opinions.

Seems sinister and personal. I don’t know what went on in the Rangers Supporters Trust, Association, Rangers First, any other guises it’s gone under in the past or who shat in who’s kettle. But it would sure make good reading I someone could spare the time to enlighten us. :cool: :))

%^*& sake :D multiple posts calling people poofs and calling someone a retard. What did you expect?
I’d expect a candidate to be questioned on those tweets and defend them or otherwise. Mark’s a big boy - if he stands he expects to be scrutinised.

The worry is that the current board stop other people standing so they can’t be

I'm gutted. I spent weeks picking out his election song.

Like Things Can Only Get Better, the one that got Tony the Tim elected to ban words, shit on the workers and get our soldiers killed in a war over a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back