I know we are playing badly just now, but they are nothing special either.

You watched the whole game OP, it’s ok.

I don’t care how good, bad or shite they are to be honest. We’re three points behind for a reason and football is not all about footballing ability.

Honestly mate, it's way far down the list of our issues. Football matches are not decided by some unquantifiable brain chemistry. People need to call it a day with this fugazi. Makes zero sense. Outcomes of matches are dictated by tactics, managerial ability, team organisation, player ability and elements of luck. Clement is working with mediocrity and when you add in his bizarre team selections and tactics then you get the results which we have been getting recently.
You think the biggest spectator sport in the world, being watch by tens of thousands in stadiums and millions on TV, playing in competitions which are worth tens of millions to their club, doesn't require the ability to handle pressure and expectation?

That is just in general never mind us, a club with expectations far in excess of the norm, in a city where football is at it's absolute core and absolutely dictates how players can go about their life. If you think that all has zero influence on their game and it's purely down to skill then I'm speechless.

You watched the whole game OP, it’s ok.

I don’t care how good, bad or shite they are to be honest. We’re three points behind for a reason and football is not all about footballing ability.
If I had watched the whole game I would have said I'd watched the whole game, I'm not looking for your staunch approval.
I watched bits of it, as I said. ;)

We’ve been saying the same all season.
When the chips were down a fortnight ago we were a goal down before 90% of players on the park had touched the ball.
They can be as shite as they want, but they have the Indian sign over our serial bottle merchants.

They are pish but still manage to scrape wins, that’s the difference, points make prizes and we’ve lost too many points in past 3 weeks

We shouldn't just give up. Its not over until its over. They are more than capable of dropping points. We are as well, but we are also capable of winning 5 games.

The certainty people talk with is really tedious. Nobody knows what's going to happen. Nobody has a crystal ball. We just need to let it play out and see how it ends up.

Which is only going to make it sting that much more when we lose the league to them shortly.

I’m sure folk will keep clinging on to the possibility of them collapsing like we have and that we simultaneously go on an amazing run for a few games yet but it’s not happening, we are done.

We shouldn't just give up. Its not over until its over. They are more than capable of dropping points. We are as well, but we are also capable of winning 5 games.

The certainty people talk with is really tedious. Nobody knows what's going to happen. Nobody has a crystal ball. We just need to let it play out and see how it ends up.
Sounds like a great motivational speech a captain would give to his team before KO, lets play it out and see how it goes lads, meh

Which is why it is extra annoying. If they go on to win the league I don’t think they will be half as bad next year so we will have to improve a lot to have a chance.

Which is why it is extra annoying. If they go on to win the league I don’t think they will be half as bad next year so we will have to improve a lot to have a chance.

They’re not a good side. Tbh they have the same flaws as us. But we seem determined to hand them a £50m head start on the next couple of season.

It’s utterly infuriating.

I would care less if it was Postecoglu’s team. They were better than us. But this lot have the same glass jaw as us. We just stick it out more.

A phrase I've never really had much truck with for many a decade but this year's league champions will be "the best of a bad bunch".

If it is us I really don't give a stuff - I'll happily accept the tag.

Some of the attitudes in this thread are absolutely stinking. We went on an incredible run of games when Clement came in and we can hit form again, it only takes one game to turn things around. Likewise, one poor result can change their outcome also. It’s far from over yet.

We had a perfect opportunity to win the league but we somehow managed to lose to Ross County & draw with Dundee. We don't deserve to win the league after that utter nonsense
I’m still disappointed after those results. Very hard to stomach.

Some of the attitudes in this thread are absolutely stinking. We went on an incredible run of games when Clement came in and we can hit form again, it only takes one game to turn things around. Likewise, one poor result can change their outcome also. It’s far from over yet.
could be wishful thinking on my part, but I have a gut feeing there'll be one more twist to come before seasons end

Honestly mate, it's way far down the list of our issues. Football matches are not decided by some unquantifiable brain chemistry. People need to call it a day with this fugazi. Makes zero sense. Outcomes of matches are dictated by tactics, managerial ability, team organisation, player ability and elements of luck. Clement is working with mediocrity and when you add in his bizarre team selections and tactics then you get the results which we have been getting recently.
Not entirely true pal, hard work beats talent sometimes. That’s why a bunch of journeymen like Ross county can outplay rangers on their day. There’s a saying hard work beats talent when talent doesnt work or some crap like that lol.
I don’t go in for all those sayings and cliches but it’s kinda true, sometimes it’s just down to who wants it more and I feel some of our players don’t want it, maybe due to the fact they’re already millionaires, or wimps, cowards, lack mentality who knows

The only problem is that there is no belief.

I was expecting us to win a treble with how things were going but the drop off in form has been alarming.

On a more positive note, I can see Celtic regressing even more under Rodgers next season even with the extra funds should they get over the line.

Your right but everytime wev came up against them managed to beat them once this season and don't think we will at parkhead on the 11th of may either, our best chance to was couple of weeks ago and we were behind after 30 seconds and 2-0 down at half time had our chance to put daylight between us and then and unfortunately it's backfired and went the other way, we need a miracle to win this league now

I sat and watched the game today, at the back they are really suspect and if they play like that going into the last 5 games they will definitely drop points but as everyone points out the issue isn’t them it’s us. It doesn’t matter how shite they are or how many points they drop, can we go on a run and pick up maximum points from now till the end of the season ?

This team could potentially be 6/7 games away from a domestic treble, it’s highly unlikely but in football you never know. Those cunts are that cocky I reckon they believe it’s all over , they had Harte take a penalty for %^*& sake, cunts walking about winking at cunts.

The only problem is that there is no belief.

I was expecting us to win a treble with how things were going but the drop off in form has been alarming.

On a more positive note, I can see Celtic regressing even more under Rodgers next season even with the extra funds should they get over the line.
I hope Rodgers is still there next season, as I’d agree with you on that and they will get gradually worse with him at the helm

I could accept it if we went down swinging, but to throw in the towel against Ross county and Dundee is unforgivable for me.

The decks need cleared this summer or it'll be more of the same next season, I'm sick of going round in circles with this current squad.
Eight points out of nine dropped to three teams that were 8th, 11th and 6th in the League at the time. If someone told you that script you’d laugh them off the stage.

Every time they conceded late on they went on to create chances up the other end. Fair enough they didn't take them but they made them. We created nothing from the 70th minute against a poor Dundee. Unpopular probably and pains me to say it, but, in that regard they are. We just don't have the bottle or the will to win it seems.

They find a way to win unfortunately, a winners mentality which we sadly dont have.
This could be the difference for me. They just get it done and we don't. I watched their whole game today and they are not anything special at all. But, they are used to getting over the line and we're not. Not done yet but no margin for error and we can beat them.

Think we all know they're not very good, i mean they literally get horsed off everyone in Europe ,thing is though what does it say about us that we lose to them almost every time.

Give it up mate, doesn’t matter if you think we’re better than them the simple fact is we have a team of bottlers.
That’s the worst of it - I think we have a team that is quite capable.. they just have no fire in the belly to show it.

You should have a word with all the managers worldwide who talk about having the right mentality and how players deal with pressure then since it's just made up.

I'm sure they would love insight from Fabiosilvasdug

You think the biggest spectator sport in the world, being watch by tens of thousands in stadiums and millions on TV, playing in competitions which are worth tens of millions to their club, doesn't require the ability to handle pressure and expectation?

That is just in general never mind us, a club with expectations far in excess of the norm, in a city where football is at it's absolute core and absolutely dictates how players can go about their life. If you think that all has zero influence on their game and it's purely down to skill then I'm speechless.

It simply doesn't apply to team sports and even if it does, it's impossible to measure and quantify. This isn't a kick about with your mates we're talking about here where someone is half arsing it because they are hungover from a night on the lash. It's professional footballers/athletes. They all want to win, do well for themselves, and ultimately move on to a higher level with better pay. The problem we have is a lot of our squad have reached their ceiling. They will not play at a higher level because ability wise they are simply not good enough.

We have a squad full of players from different countries and cultures. Up to 16 of our players can make an impact on the outcome of a game. We must be the unluckiest club in world football to have recruited a squad from different parts of the globe who just happen to be missing this super duper mentality that folk go on about on here. What a coincidence. Let's be real, it's a ridiculous argument.

I admire your positivity but they always seem to pull it out the bag whereas we've shat ourselves time and again. I'll eat 56 humble pies if we do this. I'm pissed of with the shitbaggery. Can't be arsed on this place either basically had enough and it's going to take a lot to change it. I do agree it doesn't take much to go through they bastards but I don't see it, would be delighted to be proved wrong though. P..s still raging and always no Surrender together.

Watched bits of their game today, they are a pretty poor side and not any better than us.
Our players just need a bit more belief in themselves and we could beat them at the tattiedome.

Feels like there is a twist in this tale still to come.
Weve not beat them at their place in 4 years, not beat them in a game thats worth anything in 2 years but yeah they aint that special. Must mean we are absolutely shite.

They are bad alright but we are worse.

They have a better squad of players and a manager who has our number.
I don't think that wee narcissistic bender has our number. We shoot ourselves in the foot most of the time. Most of our players don't either have the bottle and some simply aren't good enough.

I'm still raging, it's nothing to do with the present managers of either team. There isn't much difference in quality and I don't need to tell you the rest.

We’ve been saying the same all season.
When the chips were down a fortnight ago we were a goal down before 90% of players on the park had touched the ball.
They can be as shite as they want, but they have the Indian sign over our serial bottle merchants.
2-0 at half time, they should have been home and dry, but they couldn’t handle the pressure.

"They're also crap" doesn't console me when we're 3 points behind, and it won't console me if they lift the league title

In fact it adds an extra layer of humiliation which our players should be ashamed of. Are they?

Watched bits of their game today, they are a pretty poor side and not any better than us.
Our players just need a bit more belief in themselves and we could beat them at the tattiedome.

I don't care how bad they are mate - they've got more points than us & we've just taken 1 point from 6 v Ross County & Dundee - that's the real sign of a pretty poor side.

We've blown it with 2 of the most uninspiring & gutless performances of a team going for the title & meekly surrendered a great position.

The fact that they aren't as good as they were makes it even worse. We've gift wrapped them a £40m CL winning prize.

Back