I See The Controversial Handball Decision Is Being Discussed

I'm not remembering this O'Riley one? Was it in the 2nd half? I did break the seal and had to go for a slash a couple of times.

I'm not remembering this O'Riley one? Was it in the 2nd half? I did break the seal and had to go for a slash a couple of times.

Was a corner. Diving header from Sakala I think was goal bound and blocked by OReillys arm.

This goes to the heart of it.
As long as they are able to control the narrative of the MSM, then this current enforced bias will continue.
By enforced bias, I mean the pressure that prevails after any decision concerning either club, where everything Rangers is usually filtered through a lens of Rangers getting the decisions and Celtc being the victim of poor refereeing.
The effect this accumulates is one of referees understanding even subconsciously that they get an easier life if they avoid either giving a decision in favour of Rangers or one against the Filth.

A case in point yesterday was the ridiculous handball given against Wright as Rangers looked to break upfield.
As the noise of anger arose in the Stands of the Jimmy Savile Arena, Beaton suddenly had a quick reconsidering of his own position if Rangers were to go upfield and score, hence no matter the laws of the game which he had instinctively followed, he knew that the priority was to remove himself and his family from a poisonous narrative that may have followed from the incident.

And, let us be honest, who in the MSM is pointing out that Beaton got the handball wrong to the detriment of Rangers?

Exactly. Yes there are 2 linseman who are blatantly at it with no intimidation needed but the rest are just incompetent, unprofessional and poorly trained coupled with they or their families being intimidated in their daily lives.

Any time we start down the conspiracy against us path we are muddying the waters on the SFA and media's behalf, whether our support likes it or not, they're dancing to the tune of people who don't want to fix the issue because they are shitebags. You can't be dismissed as a conspiracy theorists if you point out what John Beaton and his family have went through over some poor refereeing decisions. It's a matter of public record, not a post on InfoWars.

And let's face it, Beatons experience Is the tip of an iceberg that has been growing larger and larger for 20 years.

If Andy Walker is saying it is not a pen for Celtic then its not a pen.

The O'Riley one with the current laws of the game is given as a pen, some might think that is harsh but if VAR is in play yesterday that is a pen.

%^*& face that commentates with Walker and McCoist, really showed where his allegiances lies yesterday. I would say until about the 15th min we were controlling the game, looking the most likely. Celtic strung 5 passes together Crocker "Celtic are really starting to control the game now". They gift possession away, we get it back and start control it again making a lot more passes than Celtic did before his comment and his comment was "Rangers starting to string some passes together". Like poor wee Rangers have managed to get the ball and pass it, awww wee souls.

I caught this too. Mentioned it at the time. Crocker making out Celtic were on top when they weren't then claiming we managed a few passes.

If Andy Walker is saying it is not a pen for Celtic then its not a pen.

The O'Riley one with the current laws of the game is given as a pen, some might think that is harsh but if VAR is in play yesterday that is a pen.

%^*& face that commentates with Walker and McCoist, really showed where his allegiances lies yesterday. I would say until about the 15th min we were controlling the game, looking the most likely. Celtic strung 5 passes together Crocker "Celtic are really starting to control the game now". They gift possession away, we get it back and start control it again making a lot more passes than Celtic did before his comment and his comment was "Rangers starting to string some passes together". Like poor wee Rangers have managed to get the ball and pass it, awww wee souls.

He actually says growing into the game. I remember because I hate the mouth breathing chunt and love a rant about how much shite comes out his stupid face.

Yeah but the narrative is always set that we somehow got away with it. Especially with that referee.

It’s almost like it’s orchestrated

Its propaganda pure and simple. They actually believe we are extreme right wing facists and sectarian bigots while they are the poor downtrodden, oppressed minority. The media are simply sticking up for the victims of bullies. That's their view.

Ho
Honestly mate why do you even waste your time posting utter nonsense like this.

Rangers are doing nothing to tackle the out right corruption in this country, but to say we're building bridges is just a lie.

I think the comment is tongue in cheek.

Why has this not been discussed more.
This was a proper shout for a penalty.
If I recall correctly, he turns his back to the ball and throws his arms out and stops the goalbound ball in midflight.
If that isn't a handball in the box then nothing is, ... surely?
100% it is a penalty. Blanked and never discussed further

This goes to the heart of it.
As long as they are able to control the narrative of the MSM, then this current enforced bias will continue.
By enforced bias, I mean the pressure that prevails after any decision concerning either club, where everything Rangers is usually filtered through a lens of Rangers getting the decisions and Celtc being the victim of poor refereeing.
The effect this accumulates is one of referees understanding even subconsciously that they get an easier life if they avoid either giving a decision in favour of Rangers or one against the Filth.

A case in point yesterday was the ridiculous handball given against Wright as Rangers looked to break upfield.
As the noise of anger arose in the Stands of the Jimmy Savile Arena, Beaton suddenly had a quick reconsidering of his own position if Rangers were to go upfield and score, hence no matter the laws of the game which he had instinctively followed, he knew that the priority was to remove himself and his family from a poisonous narrative that may have followed from the incident.

And, let us be honest, who in the MSM is pointing out that Beaton got the handball wrong to the detriment of Rangers?

Great post. Our No 1 enemy is the media. They've poisoned public opinion against us and we've done nothing to challenge them. It affects all aspects of life in Scotland including how refs referee games.

I’d completely forgotten about the Lundstram hand ball such was its level of non event. Any other country would do likewise, Scotland tho?

Scottish football is a mess.

You can tell when they benefit from a dodgy decision. Walker and Crocker go silent. They're not sure what to say so keep quiet.

Agreed, their silence tells you all you need to know that perhaps the Scum have got away with things. Also when we don't get the forty replays when we suffer a poor decision unlike when Scum are on the receiving end.

Neither was a penalty
Mmmm lundstrums hands were across his body he not making housman bigger definately not a penalty the celtic incident is more similar to Scott wright's if weights was pulled back then the celtic one was a penalty to its just cause its out the box doesn't seem it more of a foul or not

Yes, the John Lundstram one where his arm was at his side.
Absolutely nothing about another example of Celtic getting away with a blatant penalty.

We are absolutely cheated in this country, not only by the referees but a pathetic compliant media.
I didn’t see it being discussed until ref watch on Sky. Not even debateable.

Exactly. Yes there are 2 linseman who are blatantly at it with no intimidation needed but the rest are just incompetent, unprofessional and poorly trained coupled with they or their families being intimidated in their daily lives.

Any time we start down the conspiracy against us path we are muddying the waters on the SFA and media's behalf, whether our support likes it or not, they're dancing to the tune of people who don't want to fix the issue because they are shitebags. You can't be dismissed as a conspiracy theorists if you point out what John Beaton and his family have went through over some poor refereeing decisions. It's a matter of public record, not a post on InfoWars.

And let's face it, Beatons experience Is the tip of an iceberg that has been growing larger and larger for 20 years.
It's been evident for years. I notice none of them ever mentioned Craig Thomson giving a penalty in the 2011 LCF. He, of course, changed his mind when round on by Celtic players.

I think possibly the ref got both decisions correct. However surely if only one of these incidents is going to be looked at it has to be the O'Riley one as his arm was outstretched and not in a natural position whereas Lundstrams arm was by his side.
Why is O'Riley's not a handball offence?
Out of interest.

I can’t see any reason, based on the current rules, that it isn’t a penalty. Arm was in an unnatural position, away from his body, not touching the ground and blocked a shot.
Compare it to the Alfie one that if I remember correctly, cost us two points.
Nothing evens out over the season if the determining factor is bias rather than incompetence.
Even if the bias is a matter of cultural grooming.

Why is O'Riley's not a handball offence?
Out of interest.

Looking at the footage and removing my blue tinted specs I am giving him the benefit of the doubt that the ball struck his upper arm/shoulder.

Blue tinted specs back on I'm screaming for a penalty.

Yes, the John Lundstram one where his arm was at his side.
Absolutely nothing about another example of Celtic getting away with a blatant penalty.

We are absolutely cheated in this country, not only by the referees but a pathetic compliant media.
And VAR is going to help us Lol!

We were by far the better side yesterday. This nonsense is only the predictable media distraction from that reality. There will be no complaints about the ref either.

Where was the discussion of this when Jota was playing basketball v Dundee? Arm and hand clearly above his head and clearly handled the ball, in injury time.

The biggest controversial decision was the last minute offside that denied us a one on one with their goalie.

Said it before, but it was the other way about it would have been THE talking point of the game, with the officials getting hunted.

It was scandalous. Even with the Goldson booking, you knew he was going to blow for a foul before the ball was kicked, they were desperate for it to end in a draw at the point.

The biggest controversial decision was the last minute offside that denied us a one on one with their goalie.

Said it before, but it was the other way about it would have been THE talking point of the game, with the officials getting hunted.

It was scandalous. Even with the Goldson booking, you knew he was going to blow for a foul before the ball was kicked, they were desperate for it to end in a draw at the point.
I'm very confused as to where this myth originated

Yes, as the ball comes through that COULD happen

But what actually happens is Sakala turns the ball back into a defender and loses it in the tackle - at which time the whistle goes

At no point were we ever "one on one with their goalie"

I'm very confused as to where this myth originated

Yes, as the ball comes through that COULD happen

But what actually happens is Sakala turns the ball back into a defender and loses it in the tackle - at which time the whistle goes

At no point were we ever "one on one with their goalie"
If we are being pedantic…

When he receives the ball he has the opportunity to be one on one, or alternatively he is in a position to be one on one, is that better?

The flag/whistle was pretty much immediate, it went just around the time he touched the ball. A half second later he is half-battling for it, and then the game stops.

What happened after the ball comes through, or after the flag goes up, is irrelevant in context of the actual decision itself.

It was a scandalous decision, and I don’t understand anyone defending it.

True. A scandalous decision that would be the theme of the week, were the shoe on the other foot.

If there was a talking point yesterday then surely it was Connor awarding a 'phantom offside' late on.

Mind you i'm not surprised at the media anymore. The overall tone was celebratory. No mention of the fact we have bigger fish to fry.

Back