Ianis Hagi

insanicdrunk

Hagi, doing hagi things tonight! The ball for Wright is superb, not many of our team have that in their locker.

Hes also a player that turns right away to head for goal.

Great player who is starting to take more responsibility as well. He looks comfortable here. Going to be a big player for us again this year.

Hagi, doing hagi things tonight! The ball for Wright is superb, not many of our team have that in their locker.

Great player who is starting to take more responsibility as well. He looks comfortable here. Going to be a big player for us again this year.
I really hope so cause the lad has it.

Agree. A really talented player who is a real game changer for us.

The boy has some future and it's beginning to show. Excellent footballer.

He is making pivotal plays in each game he starts, if he can get the consistency he will lead us to trophies.

This could be a huge season for Hagi. Last season his impact in goals and assists was unbelievable, but he often racked up those stats without bossing games. He had lots of quiet spells where he struggled to assert himself particularly when played in midfield.

I think he needed to get stronger physically, and to gain the experience and confidence to pull the strings and help those around him. Signs so far are that he's getting there with both those things. Although he's still one of the younger players, I think you see him lifting some of the younger lads like Bassey and Patterson now. Love the way he relates to our fans as well.

A bit worried by these injuries and niggles he seems to be bothered by in these early games, hope that whatever was affecting him first half is nothing.

But yeah, if Hagi keeps improving the way I think he is, we're going to have a hell of a player on our hands.

Noticed all the coaching staff seemed to appreciate all his efforts as he was coming off.
He seems to be a player with a good attitude, always trying to improve and giving his all in a game and doesn’t seem content to think the name on the back of his shirt is all he needs.

He is not the best athlete, but I think he has one of the best 'footballing brains' of any of our players.
I agree but I really think he is developing into a better athlete. He will never have blistering pace but his skill and vision and his ability to draw a foul in the right areas, is something all top teams need. And something we were badly missing in Gerrards first two years.

Him picking it up deep on the half turn and threading in players is what can take us up a level. We are looking at Veerman when we have a guy that if we accept he maybe isn't defensively excellent can play all the passes we need.

A team with Hagi and Aribo at their best is going to cause teams all kinds of bother.

We need to consistently figure out an 11 that allows them to shine.

I don’t want to contribute to the hyperbole of everyone tonight was wonderful, everyone Tuesday was shite but taking this thread at its face value…

The best quality Hagi has is that he works so hard to improve in the areas he is weaker rather than practicing his strengths. Should work to his favour this year as it may mean he’s a realistic option in midfield where we’re weaker if he can’t get a place further forward.

His hair is exceptional as well.

I think he has huge potential and he improves month by month, he is an exciting prospect, it is hard to be in the shadow of his Dad who was an elite player , but he seems to be coming on a lot and coping just fine.

I agree but I really think he is developing into a better athlete. He will never have blistering pace but his skill and vision and his ability to draw a foul in the right areas, is something all top teams need. And something we were badly missing in Gerrards first two years.

Hagi seems a bit fitter this season than last season (not that he was unfit last season), he obviously kept to a strict fitness regime during the summer.

The assist King always the most likely to break down the low block massively important to 56

Like Grigo said in the Joe Aribo thread, if the two of them get their act together they’ll be unplayable in the SPL Insanic

Was excellent tonight, his numbers last season were very impressive considering he wasn't a regular starter.

Great little player and also still very young starting out his career, he can only Improve. He has that something special about it, some of the stuff he trys is superb can unlock a lot of defences.

As to Hagi, if it were up to me, he would be an automatic starter. He has quality in abundance, and some of his interplay with Aribo in the first have was quite superb. It left we wishing that the Malmo game wasn't played a few week later - I believe with more actual game-time under their belt Rangers would have won.

Back