Ianis Hagi

Hagi, doing hagi things tonight! The ball for Wright is superb, not many of our team have that in their locker.

Hes also a player that turns right away to head for goal.

Great player who is starting to take more responsibility as well. He looks comfortable here. Going to be a big player for us again this year.
100%.
A fit Hagi would have made a huge difference last week.
He is the cleverest player in the team.
No longer the boy getting pushed around, now he is the man who struts the last third like a general.

Hagi, doing hagi things tonight! The ball for Wright is superb, not many of our team have that in their locker.

Great player who is starting to take more responsibility as well. He looks comfortable here. Going to be a big player for us again this year.

As soon as I saw the thread title I hoped you would make this point. The touch he took before playing the ball to Wright was brilliant and something only he would do in our team. Before he even receives the ball he's thinking how he can turn it into a goalscoring opportunity.

He has this brilliant ability to make the ball stick. No matter how tight someone gets to him, he comes out the otherside with the ball or a foul. We have badly missed that.

When we play 2 holding midfielders, there is no reason why he can't play in the midfield as a no.8. He should still have freedom there and have pace ahead of him with Wright/Kent/Sakala/Roofe. He can unlock defences like no other player in the squad.

We play with 2 no. 10s so him and/or aribo should always start imo

Hopefully we can keep him until he turns into the level of player his father was
His father was an outrageous talent.
Ianis may not have the broad sweep of raw skill, but he is perhaps equipped with a far quicker and insightful intuition as a team player.
The old man was born with it, but his son has been manufactured as a footballer from an early age and has had his own basic ability to learn like he was born to it.
He probably was.

I love the lad, he makes and scores goals and I have rarely seen a player who takes more punishment or can earn more free kicks for his side.
He is a star.

A top class footballer.

He undoubtedly has areas he needs to develop, but he has a great football brain.

Another thing about Hagi I really like is he is ALWAYS willing to take responsibility, while others shirk that at times.
He would start every week for me Grigio. Hagi makes things happen.

Most talented player in the league.

He’s only here (our good fortune) because he lacks a wee bit of pace.

Very clever player.

I just love Hagi. He makes things happen and it was great seeing him getting his goal. Him, Aribo and Kamara made it look so easy at times. Hagi and Bassey ran it close to be my MOTM tonight

He is not the best athlete, but I think he has one of the best 'footballing brains' of any of our players.

An excellent footballer who is equally good with either foot -however if he had a yard more of pace he'd be starring at an elite European club - lack of pace is his glaring weakness.

Hagi for me is the most intelligent and technical player on the books. He is a Davis and Aribo combine. He is the piece of the puzzle linking midfield and attack. The passing, feet and football brain all in one. He is great to watch. The gaffer goes on about game changers, he is certainly that. He will have a great career and I've no doubt will hit the heights.

when we play the 10 behind 2 strikers he’s the only man for the role. usually a step ahead of everyone on the park. easily one of my favourite players

An excellent footballer who is equally good with either foot -however if he had a yard more of pace he'd be starring at an elite European club - lack of pace is his glaring weakness.

Hagi is not slow, but he is not the quickest either.

Some player who do not have a lot of pace tend to occasionally look bad in European games against teams who have a lot of pace, when they hit us on the counter attack the slower players struggle to keep up with the counter-attacking opposition players. I'm not specifically talking about Hagi, but we saw this a bit against Slavia Prague and Malmo.

But from the two legs against Slavia Prague our only goal which Helander scored was because of a great assist from Hagi.

I was really surprised that Hagi got dropped from the starting line-up in the second against Slavia Prague leg as he was the only Rangers player that managed to create a goal in the first leg, it back fired as no other player managed to create a goal in the second leg.

Your right he is a big game player no feat confident gets that from his dad plays for the team can only get better he is the future

He can go quiet for spells in games and when he's having an off day he'll always look dreadful just because of the type of player he is but when he's on it, his vision and guile are a massive asset to us, not to mention the quality he has on the ball.

Feared the worst tonight when he went down again but good to get some significant minutes into his legs ahead of the qualifier on Thursday. He should be a massive player for us this season.

Hagi is a quality footballer.

As others have noted, he has great vision, touch, ball control and passing.

He is also looking physically stronger season-on-season, which suggests he is putting in the work at Auchenhowie that will allow him to succeed in UK football.

Admittedly it was called offside, however his control of Goldson's? diagonal pass and ''keepy uppy'' demonstrated a level of skill very few possess. I'm rooting for the lad to really crack it with us.

Hagi is not slow, but he is not the quickest either.

Some player who do not have a lot of pace tend to occasionally look bad in European games against teams who have a lot of pace, when they hit us on the counter attack the slower players struggle to keep up with the counter-attacking opposition players. I'm not specifically talking about Hagi, but we saw this a bit against Slavia Prague and Malmo.

But from the two legs against Slavia Prague our only goal which Helander scored was because of a great assist from Hagi.

I was really surprised that Hagi got dropped from the starting line-up in the second against Slavia Prague leg as he was the only Rangers player that managed to create a goal in the first leg, it back fired as no other player managed to create a goal in the second leg.

I didn't say he was slow but there is no doubt he lacks that yard of pace, thankfully he has a superfast football brain to counter it.

A player we really need when playing against packed defences. Has that bit of magic to unlock.

Hagi will eventually end up in the EPL or a top European side..
And only then, we’ll suddenly realise what we had.
So let’s appreciate the lad while he’s here.

At this point for me he is the first name on the team sheet along with Kamara. An utterly classy player and I don't think we have seen the best from him yet perhaps caused by rotation.

Even Gerrard must be thinking he can't leave him out of the big games.

He's a quality player, the type we've been missing for years.

I honestly didn’t think he could get to grips with the rough and tumble of the Scottish game, but he’s proving me wrong!
Well done son !!

I'd like to see him attempt to shoot more from range given he has the technique skill to strike a ball with both feet. If he has inherited even a fraction of his fathers ability in that department then he carries a real threat that could be unleashed more.

I’ve always thought from day 1 this lad is destined for the very top. His life and career has been managed carefully from a very young age, has a large team of people around him. moving to us was part of that development plan, huge club, expectation, pressure, big crowds and the physical aspect of our league as well as working with SG.
He looks different anytime he’s played this season, really ready to lead and dominate the midfield and forward areas for us. This could be a massive season for him.

When he’s not on the pitch,it seems like everything goes down one wing or the other. With him, we do a lot more centrally which makes us less predictable and works the opposition more too. And he contributes on the goal front too.

Criminally underrated among our support. His movement, vision and finishing is different class
The lad was getting the same treatment Jack Simpson is on another thread...no pace...lightweight blah blah blah as a support we are Fcukn mental...good game "superstar" avge game "hunt" him.....now I'm not putting Simpson in Hagi bracket....but young guys need to find their feet. Hagi has two ....very good ones.

Admittedly it was called offside, however his control of Goldson's? diagonal pass and ''keepy uppy'' demonstrated a level of skill very few possess. I'm rooting for the lad to really crack it with us.
That incident had me drooling... it was an audacious piece of skill offside or not!!

Back