Ibrox as a 76,000 all seater stadium

I see Glasgow Catholic Council still haven’t granted the use of the Astro pitch for a fanzone
We can justifiably have a go at them but equally, Rangers should just buy that.

I think they're looking to get rid of it too, we're starting to become boxed in and need to buy up whatever surrounding land we can.

If David Murray told me it was raining I’d still look out the window

The capacity as it stands right now is 50,817, and that’s with the bottom of the corners filled in as it is, the top half where the screens are (again if it was possible) would at a guess hold about 2.5-3k maximum at each side

If anything should we be rebuilding or partially rebuilding, all stands bar the main stand?

A project for the very distant future of course. That’s got me thinking, where did the scum get the funds to rebuild their shithole?

Love all the posts slating it for not having a roof.
It's almost as if Ibrox has only existed since 1980.

It’s a no from GF4 Row F. Though I do welcome the idea of everybody else in things govan stand getting drenched when it’s wet and windy. Misery loves company.

no ta to the OP lol

wsa5pt.jpg

Murray said it would in one of the 9iar dvds, and that was before the given rear was extended.

He fcuked it , like at lot he did at the stadium but made loads off the steel , the cnut .

Ibrox started at around 44,500 . He stated the club deck and the lowering of the pitch to accommodate extra rows would increase capacity to around 52,000 . The corners filled in would give us 59,000 .

£40 million plus spent for 7000 extra seats

Last edited:
can't wait to have a wee stroll in the grass and trees at half time. Big question is whether the park areas will be for top tier use only, or will there be stairs from the bottom tier of those stands?

He fcuked it , like at lot he did at the stadium but made loads off the steel , the cnut .

Ibrox started at around 44,500 . He stated the club deck and the lowering of the pitch to accommodate extra rows would increase capacity to around 52,000 . The corners filled in would give us 59,000 .

£40 million plus spent for 7000 extra seats
Us construction chaps made a few quid out of it.:cool:

Also stolen from twitter, would be amazing if we could do something like this
The atmosphere in a big open bowl, as in original post, would be nothing like as good as it is now.

I do like the idea of making the Govan stand bigger as in this photo. Only difference is I would have the Govan stand all as one tier with rail seats so that it was all standing, and would hopefully increase capacity a bit more than just adding an extra tier on top.

Can only imagine how good a huge wall of 30,000 Rangers fans in an improved Govan Stand would look as the players walked out the tunnel.

Back