Ibrox needs a big revamp.

Get rid of the screens. Put seats in the upper corners and convert the whole Govan, Copland and Broomloan lower tiers into continuous safe standing. Would take capacity over 60K and Atmosphere would be insane..

I wish you were on the board. Great shout.

When a lot of bears of a certain vintage are asked what was the best atmosphere they have experienced, a lot say Parma in 1999.

No rail seats, no standing (officially), no drums or megaphones.

We could sing our “traditional” songs and didn’t have to think about the words and whether they may offend people watching and listening for the sole reason of being offended.
My best Ibrox atmosphere mate

Love it. Great shout. Id go further and do the whole of the Govan Front and the corners.

I also like the idea of rover tickets. Its boring sitting in the same seat year in and year out. I know there are disadvantages but the benefits far outweigh them. Its fairer and would encourage fans to get in early. It would also help some realise they dont own a seat. The club could leave a few seats empty in each stand so there's no problem finding a seat.

Folk would only come in early if they sold Lager in the Kiosks and you could drink watching the game.

A group of mates pile in at 2.55 . They aint going to be happy when they can't sit/stand together.

Leaving seat empty is not an effective model for any successful club.

Far too many negatives for me.

I call you, when I need you my heart's on fire
You come to me, come to me, wild and wild
You come to me
Give me everything I need
Give me a lifetime of promises and a world of dreams
Speak the language of love like you know what it means
And it can't be wrong, take my heart
And make it strong, baby

I'm stuck on your heart
I hang on every word you say
Oh, tear us apart, no, no
Baby, I would rather be dead
Each time you leave me I start losing control
You're walking away with my heart and my soul
I can feel you even when I'm alone
Oh, baby, don't let go

Look at those lyrics and tell me that is what 40k plus Rangers fans should be rallying round when the team comes out.

The Ibrox atmosphere starts off on the back foot every single game. As we sing or falter though 90 percent of simply the best, which as the lyrics above show is absolutely shite.

Another great post. Despite what many say on here a football anthem should be slow and emotional leading up to a big finish. All the crap about it needing to be "rousing" and "upbeat" is just plain daft.

The classic of course is YNWA unfortunately. Nothing comes near it. I live right next to Anfield and I hear it being sung while sitting in my living room.

I also believe it has to be an existing song so that it can be played at nights out, weddings, birthday parties etc.

The only song that I can think of that comes close to fitting the bill is My Way by Sinatra. Its slow, emotional, has a big finish and its well established.

For those that dont know, Bowie's Life on Mars was inspired by My Way so it has some street cred'.

The likes of Rangers/Motherwell in the 80s were, goals aside, library volume.

Been told it was like that when we had the Centenary Stand too.

The Centenary Stand definitely affected the atmosphere. Before they put the seats in the Derry was the place to be. That's what got me hooked on Rangers.

The board don’t give a flying %^*& about the atmosphere. The atmosphere doesn’t have a wallet or bank account. The arse on the seat does
Which is exactly the reason fans have to force it . No one us want the Ibrox experience to be shite. So as fans we have to force the board to change the view . If that’s boycotts of some sort by Ub or like minded fans then maybe it’s needed. If not of the match itself (that would be hard for many to stomach ) then maybe of merch or other club products . The match day experience has to change and we can’t be the last club in the uk to get safe standing . It’s hardly a massive expense. Sure I read it would cost approximately 250k to rip out the Copland/broomloan front and replace with the rail seating . Clubs like killie have it show it’s cheap relatively to other football costs

When will folk realise if you effectively got rid of the Union Bears there would be no atmosphere at all. Let’s face it if you’re going to add Safe Standing the UB need to be there in order to direct chants.

People will say “we didn’t need drums or megaphones in my day”, this is a change in support over the generations and more young people love watching European Ultras abroad.

Rangers are unfortunately out of touch with the fans which can easily be seen with absurd ticket prices recently.

Union Bears should be in the middle of the Broomloan Front behind the goals and then anyone around the stadium can be transferred into the Broomloan Front to be apart of the section. Those who wish not to can be relocated elsewhere offering them even a better view seat instead of being behind a goal.

Fair enough.

But with Bisgrove talking about stadium expansions then i don't think it's unrealistic to think we can afford to get this installed.

Installing rails etc is supposed to be reasonably priced.
The club already done a feasibility study on it and it was not expensive by any means even Killie have Safe Standing.

There’s just zero point creating this “singing section” if you don’t include your club’s Ultras group who sing for 90 minutes and create displays.

If you haven’t noticed the ltd company is more important than the club aspect to the current people managing operations. I’m not saying it’s right. I am not saying it’s wrong. The support (customers) are being exploited at every revenue making opportunity. Unless there is a financial benefit then I don’t see rail seating becoming a priority anytime soon.

If you moan to EasyJet that their seat isn’t good enough but they have already pre-sold 90% of their seats for the next year, and every plane will fly close to a sellout, why would they bother commissioning a new type of seat that they will sell for the same price or cheaper. Especially given the costs it will be to plan, design and install. It makes zero business sense for them. Even less so for Rangers. If you don’t want to sit in your seat theres a waiting list of people waiting to take it over.

As someone already said. Any change to seating would more likely be additional hospitality seating. Which would mean good revenue increases from minimal investment. I think there is demand at the very premium end of the hospitality offering as The Chairmans club was a closed shop this year and the Thornton Suite continually operates near capacity.

Issue is, questionable songs have been sung across the full BF/other parts of the stadium before but it’s easy to just blame BF1/UB

I’m not UB but I’ve been in BF1 since 2011, first game against Hearts. I can honestly say I can’t ever remember the boys on the megaphone starting songs that are banned. I’d be lying if I said people in the section haven’t over the last 10 years but as I said, it’s easy for people to just blame UB/BF1

That said, I do agree with your point to an extent but I’d counter that and say would it be any worse than an away game? Not sure
Yeah i pretty much agree with that I just think that the clubs stance on right or wrong and there too scared to take the chance. A small step could be to moved the centre of the goals and take it from there

Needs expanded 50k limit is a ball ache

yes I know it wasn’t full the other night but that’s part of the problem bigger attendance spread the cost just now we’re squeezing the fans who do attend

Folk would only come in early if they sold Lager in the Kiosks and you could drink watching the game.

A group of mates pile in at 2.55 . They aint going to be happy when they can't sit/stand together.

Leaving seat empty is not an effective model for any successful club.

Far too many negatives for me.

I dont think selling a few tickets less than the capacity to avoid the problem of late comers not being able to find a seat is an issue. Its a drop in the ocean financially.

Late comers not being able to sit together will encourage them to come early.

That's the two issues you raised covered. Selling alcohol is a separate matter and not relevant to rover tickets.

The expansion itself is pointless, unless it includes rejuvenation of the atmosphere.

Adding seats in the corner for example, that’s just more people sitting lifeless at the party.

Lower tier safe standing all round, more B72 type arrangements in the middle tier, cheap, family friendly seating and concourses at the top. Convert the club deck central into a b72 lite. Gambling, big screens, place to meet your pals for a few beers.

Let’s also not detract that the ground is grim. The facilities are woeful in large.

We've been saying this for years but with very little traction. Board aren't interested and our "fan group" in the club is more interested in internal political squabbles than actually representing us.

There's scope for a cross-fan pressure group to properly petition the board for meaningful changes.

Back