Ibrox stadium, what's it going to be like in ten years time

Perfect.
So going by what you say there was never any intention to do this in the future, when they were built?
Shame.
Oh well.Just a thought.

Appreciate your response BM.
The stands were built as three separate structures and the heavyweight roof design is an integral part of that which gives Ibrox its brilliant acoustics. I don’t believe Rangers would have used this roof design if any consideration was to be given to filling the corners to full height.
However, when the present corner infill was done, SDM claimed that the steelwork that was put in was able to support full height corners if they were constructed in the future.
Personally, I’d like to see the club get engineering advice regarding the extension or replacement of the three beams with new support columns out with the existing footprint of the stadium. I believe that may be the “cheapest” and least disruptive way to be able to fill the corners to the height of the stands either side. And if it’s not possible, create new disabled and corporate areas in the corners.

Last edited:
I would love the offices in copland house and broomloan to be ripped out and these completely transformed into better concourses. With a new club 72 style seats added to front of broomloan and copland. I.e 4 or 5 rows in each. Even link these in with the lounges under the big screens that way hospitality gets extra and ordinary fans gets better facilities. My old boy said he minds when Argyle House got added onto Govan. The dream is they could do this to other 2 stands aswel. Fully developing these stands to maximum potential.

Unless we win the champs league and then sell our team for 200 million like ajax did then built the Amsterdam arena.
Then we would maybe see a rebuild of the 3 atands

Back