If next Season Starts in October

Greebo

Hearts wouldn’t be getting relegated.

Up to them though.
I was just using them as an example, Rangers would be losing £1.8m. Motherwell would be losing £1.4m, Aberdeen would be losing £1.2m, Livingston would be losing £1m and Hibs just a bit under that. Based on current positions.

Two of those teams, 3 if you include Hearts have already spoken about their financial uncertainty. I am sure Livingston could do without losing out on £1m.

Whereas the bottom team would go from about £45k up to about £600k.

Seriously, how is that fair. Who brought the money into the league in the first place. I don't think it was Brechin City.

rangeral

Wait till the SFA start wanting weekend slots for international games.
Those are already in place until 2024 - FIFA

Whether they play domestic games on them will be something that decide on at UEFA level at least with the 55 national associations

gmbear

The focus needs to shift to being about a new campaign when football resumes. All this talk of resuming the current season's competitions is just kicking the can down the road. The football authorities need to face up to the fact that unless football resumes in the short term, which is highly unlikely, this season is gone.

Rescheduling the Euros to 2021, resuming this campaign when football can be played again, a 20/21 season to play, cup and European competitions as long as international qualifiers to be played. It's unrealistic and the proper decisions just know is simply being kicked down the road.

A Euros competition in 20/21 followed by a World Cup in 2022 with the conclusion of three league campaigns, multiple domestic cups, European competitions and international qualifiers in the same period. None of the possible scenarios for doing this seem realistic to me.

Bluebearjim

These are surreal times. Point made by OP is peoples health and safety are most important. I would bin the league cup as sponsors not exactly queuing up and winning it qualifies you for sod all. The crowds in early stages are poor which shows the fans interest also.
I'd bin the Euro's for next summer also - not a big fan of international football.
Scrub the winter break and whether we play league or SC games midweek you can bet your bottom dollar we will be at Aberdeen and Ross County for midweek league games.
Stay safe. WATP

Blue Willie

They reckon social distancing could last another 12-18 months if this is the case then i can't see us playing in front of a packed Ibrox for the foreseeable future.

Greebo

They reckon social distancing could last another 12-18 months if this is the case then i can't see us playing in front of a packed Ibrox for the foreseeable future.
The players can hardly play if they need to stay 2 metres apart.

There would be no games, closed door or otherwise, if social distancing was still in place.

juanger

As the days and weeks pass with more and more bad news it really is anyone's guess what the league (and teams in it) will look like, and when it will start

DamBuster72

I would actually divide it equally amongst the 42 Clubs and let them have a vote on it
Would you be in favour of UEFA also taking part of Europa League progression bonuses from us and dividing it equally between teams that exited in earlier rounds?

Same argument really.

Splitting it equally might be a nice suggestion but would open a massive can of worms with clubs taking legal action, including possibly our own that would get done out of a 7 figure sum.

Lanark Bear in the NE

I think next season might be extended
Impossible to extend with the Euros next Summer. If the season starts late, which seems inevitable at the moment another suggestion would be just to play every other team in the League, home and away. Which currently would make the campaign over 22 matches or 26 if the Premier League was say extended to 14 teams. Not my preferred option though, as I would prefer Scumdee United to remain in the Championship

Reactions: cav

frazz

I think most sensible people would void this season just now and concentrate on trying to save next season. It would give us 34 Weekends up to second last week in May if started on the first Saturday in October
This scenario would see us scrap the League Cup for this season and any SC replays.
If we ignore the winter break. we could have an entire League campaign with Scottish Cup and European games
This would allow all games to be played and the season to finish in time for the Euros.
I think this would be realistic and allow all Clubs to start making plans for next season.
Only thing is the league Cup I would do it with b sides like Challenge Cup in free mid weeks

cav

Impossible to extend with the Euros next Summer. If the season starts late, which seems inevitable at the moment another suggestion would be just to play every other team in the League, home and away. Which currently would make the campaign over 22 matches or 26 if the Premier League was say extended to 14 teams. Not my preferred option though, as I would prefer Scumdee United to remain in the Championship
I can see a 14 team league with 26 games happening tbh, the forecast doesn’t look good reading a lot of what scientists have had to say thus far.

And that’s without cup games or a winter break either btw.

Ulster Ranger

Be lucky if there is football at all this side of Christmas in my opinion the way they are talking

Unless they lift this social distancing rule which i can't see anytime soon it is impossible to play football and im not just talking watching it but playing it as well as its contact sport

EC54

So could take to October before some normality takes place and that's probably at best. There is no way they are going to let large crowds congregate at sporting functions for quite a considerable period beyond that so I have no idea as to when we will ever get back to where we were if ever at all and with that news today there is no way many clubs are even surviving., unless they are down to about 20% of there wages never mind 50%.

Robert Marshall

Would you be in favour of UEFA also taking part of Europa League progression bonuses from us and dividing it equally between teams that exited in earlier rounds?

Same argument really.

Splitting it equally might be a nice suggestion but would open a massive can of worms with clubs taking legal action, including possibly our own that would get done out of a 7 figure sum.
Nothing like the same argument, European money is based on points gained, The league money is based on where you finish in the Table. the league is not finished

DamBuster72

Nothing like the same argument, European money is based on points gained, The league money is based on where you finish in the Table. the league is not finished
The Europa League is not finished either.

You'll need to explain the difference, European money is based on points gained and League money is based on where you finish...but where you finish is based on points gained also.

There's no difference.

We would be stung in both scenarios of evenly distributing money among all competitors.

cradletograve

I think we’ll be able to start the league easy mid August. Particularly in Scotland.
With the greatest respect, I think your opinion is based on pure optimism rather than the facts of the matter.
Normal life will not resume for 6 months. That's what Harries said today. Professional football will resume some time later.

Robert Marshall

The Europa League is not finished either.

You'll need to explain the difference, European money is based on points gained and League money is based on where you finish...but where you finish is based on points gained also.

There's no difference.

We would be stung in both scenarios of evenly distributing money among all competitors.
It's really quite simple, when you play each round in europe you know how much money you get for each draw / win / qualifying for next round. If your Club gets knocked out at the group stage, although the tournament has not reached a conclusion, the money is assigned to that stage.
The league is different, the money is shared where your final place is at the end of the campaign, this campaign will not be finished, so no Champions and no relegation.
There is no rule in place to cover this scenario.

Woodrow Call

I know this affects your livelihood Robert but I honestly could not give a phuck about this season or next at the moment. We have a chancellor out of his depth making promises he cannot fulfill. We have a country going straight down the pan.

Next season's fixture are low on my list of problems at the moment.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
Without reading all thread possibly play each team home and away then make the split with a further 5 matches home and away giving 32 games for one season. Could be a solution if time is tight and taking inevitable weather cancellations into account.

Tpol_rfc

Official Ticketer
I know this affects your livelihood Robert but I honestly could not give a phuck about this season or next at the moment. We have a chancellor out of his depth making promises he cannot fulfill. We have a country going straight down the pan.

Don't want to appear facetious here but maybe give the bear pit a miss for a while? Otherwise you could just copy this post and paste it into most threads.

BobbyShearer55-65

If the football returns in October, I can see them scheduling two games per week (Weds & Sun) until the backlog of games is cleared. That way they can finish the old season, start the new season and finish the Scottish Cup.

Nothing needs to be voided, no-one gets a title they haven't won unless by beating the rest until arithmetically impossible, and the clubs will still generate the lost revenue and gate receipts - which is what everyone has been concerned about.

Robert Marshall

I have stayed away from my personal problems with the pub and have repeatedly said that safety is more important than getting the season started,
The government of the UK has been outstanding the way they have handled the crisis in the economy, You say the guy is out his depth, can you tell me how you would have reacted?

Kaiserweiss

G. Particularly in Scotland.
[/QUOTE]
I think if you read between the lines - we are being softened up for 6 months of lockdown with possible relaxation of the rules within that period.

That relaxation will be letting us go to parks and the beach But I seriously doubt we will have the flex on the NHS and other services that include us filling 100s of stadiums for sports regardless off the importance to it for us as a nation.

August Is a dream but I would be happily shocked if it’s not October.