If you were Tav, would you let Alfredo take a penalty tonight?

If you mean clinch the record then yes if we're a couple of goals up but not at nil nil.

Absolutely not. Tav's been clinical from the spot and shouldn't even think about it. Until he starts missing a few then he should remain on duty, nice sentiment or not.

If we are 3-0 up with 20 mins to go then maybe but otherwise no. Tavs the penalty taker and he's bloody good at them! However if we are 3-0 up I would hope its an Alfie hat trick and no need to take the penalty.

A lot of variables to consider before answering...
If we are 2-0 at least up late in game and he’s not scored then defo yes...
If game is in balance, worse, or even if we are winning but under pressure then NO.

If we're up comfortably and the opportunity is there sure, otherwise hell no, you don't take the penalty off your best taker in a big moment

Steaming talking about our striker taking a penalty? A player who is trained in the art of striking a ball?
Tav is our penalty taker and he is one of the best we have seen in a long time at executing them.
You have to be professional at all times we get a penalty he takes it, no time to be sentimental.

Nope.

We play to win at all times, personal records are an afterthought.

Tav has scored every penalty (I think) and he's the man for them. Don't change a winning formula.

Nope. I fill with confidence every time Tav places the ball on the spot. I envisage Alfie scoring anyway.

No. There’s place for sentiment (dont you know there’s a war on?!). Get the job done our way. Dont mess about, go about things the way we always do, and publicly excute these fuckers at fortress Ibrox.

Under no circumstances. If we win the title this year, it's going to be tight. It could be so tight, per previous years, that it could come down to goal difference. Imagine he missed and we lost the league by a goal....

This record matters not a jot. It's like when Ally refused to blood the youths and cared more about winning the 2nd division undefeated....

No time for sentiment, got to be ruthless in our pursuit of 55.

IF the game is out of sight then maybe, but my first instinct is to say no.

It's not about Morelos and personal glory, it's about the team beating Aberdeen.

And what if he misses and we lose the league on goal difference by one goal?

I was coming on to make the same point

When we played St Johnstone in Advocaat's first season, we were 6-0 up and Guivarc'h had scored 2 on his debut. We got a penalty and Advocaat insisted Albertz hit it

Its a professional attitude and Gerrard is cut from that same cloth of professionalism

Reactions: M@x
If I was as good as taking penalties as Tavernier was, I doubt he’d even ask.

Has Morelos ever hit a penalty for us? Somethings telling me he's hit one before against St Johnstone? Probably wrong.

Anyway as good as he is, I'm not sure wee Alfie is the man I'd trust with penalties.

Leave Tav to bang them in.

Back