If you were Tav, would you let Alfredo take a penalty tonight?

As much as I am a big fan of Alfredo & he's banging them in for us. Most of his goals are instinctive. Any time he has to think about his finish he generally screws it up so I wouldn't want him anywhere near pens.

If we are out of sight then I would possibly let someone else take one, mainly as it's possible that we could get one when Tav isn't on the pitch.

I actually wouldn't be confident in Alf taking a pen.

So no. No room for sentiment when it comes to winning.

is Alfie is on a hatrick (and we're winning by two clear goal) maybe, otherwise Tav

Depends on the score. Unless we are winning comfortably, no.

The team winning is the most important thing. Tav is the penalty taker and should be hitting every penalty until he’s no longer the managers choice

Pretty sure Alfie won't really care about some meaningless scottish record, he'll just want to score because he loves it and is a goal scoring genius

Ha ha ha ha

No chance are we getting a penalty tonight
Most factually correct post on this thread !! :)

They've all tried their best to prevent us getting to the top - now we're at the top we are getting absolutely f.uck all, as they try to bring us back down.

I had this exact discussion with a mate yesterday. Glad to see the board generally agrees that given Tav's record, this should only be considered if we're a couple up.

No absolutely not.

And if Alfie asked to I’d be disappointed.

3 points is all that matters. After that, the winning margin comes next.

If we are 3nil up with 5 minutes to go, then it would be good for team bonding/ spirit.

If it's 0-0 with 5 minutes to go then absolutely no chance.

Back