Improvements to Ibrox for next season?

Is 15k a lot really for a job that badly needs done and hasn’t been for years? We aren’t a rich club but we are hardly Accrington Stanley . Spend the 15k if that’s what it takes to clean it .

I wasn't saying it was too expensive or didn't need doing - It really does need doing.
It was in response to figures of 5k being quoted and it being a 'simple' task.

Sensible OP. All seem reasonable. For me I would like there to be an action plan, stating what we are doing in the short-term, medium term and long term.

As we know these improvements cost money, so we and the club need to think about how revenue can be generated on matchdays. Good shouts for merchandise, what about a pop up bar or outside bar area in the car park? I occasionally go to Man City and these bars are always busy, even in cold weather...

Any other thoughts?

Sensible OP. All seem reasonable. For me I would like there to be an action plan, stating what we are doing in the short-term, medium term and long term.

As we know these improvements cost money, so we and the club need to think about how revenue can be generated on matchdays. Good shouts for merchandise, what about a pop up bar or outside bar area in the car park? I occasionally go to Man City and these bars are always busy, even in cold weather...

Any other thoughts?

Had suggested previously (although not on matchdays) a touring pop-up shop visiting the largest cities around Scotland to sell merchandise as it has now become apparent opening a shop in anywhere other than Glasgow City Centre or Glasgow Airport won't make profits.

Would still like to see Rangers open an official club bar in the City Centre, something we haven't got yet the tims have an uncountable number of Irish bars they can drink at freely in town and sing whatever they like.

Any updates on the improvements going on at Ibrox during the summer to be in place for next season? Pitch and roof still being worked on currently.

Had suggested previously (although not on matchdays) a touring pop-up shop visiting the largest cities around Scotland to sell merchandise as it has now become apparent opening a shop in anywhere other than Glasgow City Centre or Glasgow Airport won't make profits.

Would still like to see Rangers open an official club bar in the City Centre, something we haven't got yet the tims have an uncountable number of Irish bars they can drink at freely in town and sing whatever they like.
With the greatest respect< a Rangers bar in the town would never pay

Definitely on a matchday but not any other day

I had written out a masterplan to a few other posters on here who are close with the club, still no reply back... But there were some fairly decent point there. A new club shop MUST be in Argyle Street or Buchanan street as they are the busiest streets in town and both have subway access. They would also both be busier than on matchdays surely if they were open 7 days a week with fans heading into town to do shopping anyway.

If we opened a bar, same points: Argyle Street or Buchanan Street, 7 days a week, open late for fans to drink in before heading out to clubs as well as obviously before and after home and away games.

How many times do we hear, "Any Rangers bars in the town I can drink in?" on here, its the most popular topic on here on matchdays. That and "Any Rangers bars in Edinburgh?" Haha. It's a must Robert, simply a bar and club shop in the city centre has to happen.

Is there absolutely no premises locally that could be turned in to a genuine Rangers Cafe Burger Bar that could be used on match days for families youngsters and those of us who don't drink at the football,

I’m not sure, fan or otherwise, people would solely drink in a Rangers pub.

I don’t often agree with RM, but the point is, outside match days, the foot fall would be low.

If I’m out with my mates on a Friday night, I’m unlikely to be spending it in a Rangers pub. They’re great on match days, ideal for what I’m after, but a night out is a night out.

I don’t live in Glasgow, but a Rangers pub I wouldn’t imagine would be a student stronghold, so weekdays wouldn’t be great.

Are rangers fans only in the town on match days??? Do some of us bears not work, travel and shop in the town?
I looked at the figures years ago and from memory it would nave cost between £3 and £5 million pound to do it properly.
If the club had that amount of money they should spend it on Edmiston House and create a family friendly food court.

In this day and age you should be able to buy a pint in the ground. That would increase my match day experience immeasurably.
Apart from the historical problems, when would it open, at what time do you stop serving before a game, can you get a drink at half time, how long does it stay open after game ?

I had written out a masterplan to a few other posters on here who are close with the club, still no reply back... But there were some fairly decent point there. A new club shop MUST be in Argyle Street or Buchanan street as they are the busiest streets in town and both have subway access. They would also both be busier than on matchdays surely if they were open 7 days a week with fans heading into town to do shopping anyway.

If we opened a bar, same points: Argyle Street or Buchanan Street, 7 days a week, open late for fans to drink in before heading out to clubs as well as obviously before and after home and away games.

How many times do we hear, "Any Rangers bars in the town I can drink in?" on here, its the most popular topic on here on matchdays. That and "Any Rangers bars in Edinburgh?" Haha. It's a must Robert, simply a bar and club shop in the city centre has to happen.
Club shops anywhere apart from Ibrox would not pay, overheads are horrendous and would only be a vanity project,
Never understood the ' any Rangers pubs in the town' question, when they obviously know there is not, jump on subway or go to Duke Street

For me just keep it clean and tidy with fresh painting. I want it shining and shimmering in the sun, when i come over the M8 on the bridge at Bellahouston Park, i want it looking like Camelot.

Camelot! Camelot!
I know it gives a person pause,
But in Camelot, Camelot
Those are the legal laws.
The snow may never slush upon the hillside.
By nine p.m. the moonlight must appear.
In short, there's simply not
A more congenial spot
For happily-ever-aftering than here
In Camelot.

Haven't read throghr the whole thread so apologies if already posted, but would love to see the seats in SJ, Copland and Broomloan being replaced.

I know it's probably way down the list of priorities in terms of things needing fixed, but i think the discoloured/sun-faded seats look terrible on TV, in pictures, pre/post match nterviews etc.

Especially now with SG coming in, there will be far more interest in us this season than in recent times, and want Ibrox to look as gooad as possible to those looking in.

Apart from the historical problems, when would it open, at what time do you stop serving before a game, can you get a drink at half time, how long does it stay open after game ?

Any issue you mention is not insurmountable, I've been to Stamford Bridge and more recently Old Trafford and alcohol is on sale at nearly every kiosk. I've not drank much in the Louden but the wee Rangers prior to a game is not a pleasant experience. I would much rather give my money to the club.

Club shops anywhere apart from Ibrox would not pay, overheads are horrendous and would only be a vanity project,
Never understood the ' any Rangers pubs in the town' question, when they obviously know there is not, jump on subway or go to Duke Street

How much was the club earning through its Argyle Street store do you know? It had three floors to it and anytime I was in it was always very busy.

Maybe oor Stewarty is holding off till the end of the season is going to do the BF up after announcing that lot is only getting the corner

Aye right :)
Fast forward a month,.....:D

Overall, I think we just don’t realise the cost involved in some of the upgrades. Some must be many hundreds of thousands. Prioritising upgrades must be tough when the side on the pitch is pish.

At the last home game , large potholes outside the govan stand entrance , weed growing out the stairs leading to our argyl resturant entrance , a big weed growing out above the main stand entrance. What we pay Pena for one week would correct these issues. The cleaning of the main stand roof is a large job working at height . But other smaller clubs have a planned mainteance regime in place to address this . Why don't we ? DK promised us 2 years back Ibrox would be completely changed ? Where is the plan. I don't see much change tbh.

Fast forward a month,.....:D

Overall, I think we just don’t realise the cost involved in some of the upgrades. Some must be many hundreds of thousands. Prioritising upgrades must be tough when the side on the pitch is pish.

I'm still not 100% convinced by Stewart Robertson, Papasmurf. I believe though that if there is a big campaign on Follow Follow and someone has a face to face meeting with him like you did and tried to convince him then he would listen. For things like a new club shop in the town and an official club bar would surely be a success. Its about forward projects to him to get this club moving in the right direction again.

I'm still not 100% convinced by Stewart Robertson, Papasmurf. I believe though that if there is a big campaign on Follow Follow and someone has a face to face meeting with him like you did and tried to convince him then he would listen. For things like a new club shop in the town and an official club bar would surely be a success. Its about forward projects to him to get this club moving in the right direction again.
I'm not sure what you work at, but in my opinion, it would lose money from day one

At the last home game , large potholes outside the govan stand entrance , weed growing out the stairs leading to our argyl resturant entrance , a big weed growing out above the main stand entrance. What we pay Pena for one week would correct these issues. The cleaning of the main stand roof is a large job working at height . But other smaller clubs have a planned mainteance regime in place to address this . Why don't we ? DK promised us 2 years back Ibrox would be completely changed ? Where is the plan. I don't see much change tbh.
We are spending circa £3m on the roofs over next year, also relaying the pitch

I’m not sure, fan or otherwise, people would solely drink in a Rangers pub.

I don’t often agree with RM, but the point is, outside match days, the foot fall would be low.

If I’m out with my mates on a Friday night, I’m unlikely to be spending it in a Rangers pub. They’re great on match days, ideal for what I’m after, but a night out is a night out.

I don’t live in Glasgow, but a Rangers pub I wouldn’t imagine would be a student stronghold, so weekdays wouldn’t be great.
How many bears drink in town? How many bears would drink in a rangers bar knowing their hard earned is going towards the club? I would go out my way to go there.

I think quite the opposite to RM. i would rather travel to the city to drink in a rangers bar than over to govan, Govan is a shitehole.

How many bears drink in town? How many bears would drink in a rangers bar knowing their hard earned is going towards the club? I would go out my way to go there.

I think quite the opposite to RM. i would rather travel to the city to drink in a rangers bar than over to govan, Govan is a shitehole.
Where do you think is a shitehole in Govan ?

Where do Rangers fans drink in Govan ?

Who suggested going to Govan ?

Where do you think is a shitehole in Govan ?

Tall Cranes and The Old Govan Arms are ones to watch. Like I said to you previously mate, Tall Cranes is where the ultras gather before and after heading to Ibrox spraypainting their way en route. TOGA is soon to be no more thankfully.

Tall Cranes and The Old Govan Arms are ones to watch. Like I said to you previously mate, Tall Cranes is where the ultras gather before and after heading to Ibrox spraypainting their way en route. TOGA is soon to be no more thankfully.
Why would Rangers fans drink there ?

Back