Infantino Press Conference

Your post said that there was a lot of mental gymnastics going on.

No one said it isn't a human rights tragedy, I was simply pointing out the figures to show how much less of a 'human rights' problem it is in the USA than it appears to be in Qatar.
The death penalty isn't exactly the yardstick for human rights abuse anyway, you'd have to hope that the people being executed have committed a crime and been sentenced in an impartial manner. Surely, right?
The real problem has been the deaths of migrant workers and the state sponsored abuse of people who are a bit 'different', which the figures are not so clear on.
The figures, over time, don’t show that. I do take your point about the issues there with regard to minorities, however numerous countries have held sporting events (Dubai, Russia, USA, Saudi Arabia, Korea, Brazil) that have similar issues and nobody has said a thing, or it’s not been as big an issue. For me, there’s definitely been an element of western countries finding it difficult to accept the change of World Cup dates and a tournament in a country that has a different culture.

Of course he is wrong ffs, open your eyes and ears.

You mean listen to what I say, agree with it and shut up.

No thanks, I will take firsthand experiences over click bait social media and red top newspaper headlines.

If one of the Qatar royal family bought out Rangers tomorrow, there are a lot of people on here who wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I would also note all the broadcasters piling on don't bat an eyelid when EPL clubs are owned and sponsored by similar countries.

Hypocrites.

No mate, lots of people go to and watch sporting events in Dubai. In fact, I would wager we have a number of our 1st team squad who will be there right now. Have you heard of the place?
You made it up. You have no idea how many of the people criticising Qatar visit or watch sport in Dubai.

‘I think what we Europeans have been doing around the world for the last 3000 years, we should be apologising for the 3000 years before giving moral lessons to people’

Wonder how much the Qataris have out are paying him.
Mmm, 3000 years, that covers a broad span of human history. But perhaps, since Qatar is the focus of international attention, we can restrict ourselves to the Arabs in general.

How about their conquest of the Byzantine Empire, which Egyptian Copts and North African Berbers are still living with till this day?

And what about the slave markets of the Barbary Coast, whose raiders sailed as far north as Iceland for their white slaves, as well as raiding frequently in the Mediterranean? And the East African trade, controlled by the Arabs and the horrific abuses they carried out on their captives?

But only Europeans and the West has anything to apologise for?

Well, we can wait for the Arabs apologising for their conquest of all the lands they conquered.

Infantino knows Qatar bought the World Cup, FIFA was bought too and nothing he says can hide that reality.

uGPLMqT.gif

Regardless of what happens on the pitch this will be a P.A disaster for F.I.F.A.

I suspect it's dawning on them already. More & more bad press will leak out. Is the story right that the host nation is paying people from Pakistan to attend games as fans?!
If correct what does is say about the interest from the locals?

One aspect of human rights issues that Infantino should have been forensically questioned is about the exploitation of migrant workers in Qatar. Thousands of workers have ('allegedly') died as there appears to be a cover up by Qatar officials as figures for deaths are not kept or available.

However, what the world does know concerns the treatment of migrant workers. One issue is that World Cup migrant security guards are being paid the equivalent of 35p an hour, forced to work long hours and are housed in dirty, cramped, unhealthy accommodation on the edge of a desert.

He should be challenged on the point that migrant workers would be under a strict Health and Safety legislation and decent pay if the WC had of been awarded to Westernised countries.

What is Infantino's excuse for that. This 'barsteward' is lecturing fans by telling them to 'focus on the football and warning about others handing out moral lessons to the rest of the world'!

I would love Infantino and the other FIFA blazers to be asked how much more per hour they are being paid than 35p per hour and what their accommodation is like. Hell, I will even throw in the same question for Lineker, Beckham, Gary Neville and that guy that let's the audience sing for him, Robbie Williams etc. Or maybe they are all donating their Qatar salaries to the migrant workers!!

Last edited:
I am thoroughly sick to the back teeth of the self-flagelation of woke wankstains saying we in the West having something to apologise for, usually the fcking slave trade, something that has obviously never happened in the holier-than-thou Middle East or anywhere else for that matter. Get to fck Infantino

You made it up. You have no idea how many of the people criticising Qatar visit or watch sport in Dubai.
You’re being deliberately obtuse for the sake of an argument. I’ll rephrase,however - There has been nowhere near the same public outcry when there’s been other countries hosting. That’s despite some of those countries having questionable human rights records. Russia and Dubai regularly host events - hardly any outcry. Golf has the race to Dubai every year.

Like everybody at the top of international sport, he is corrupt, and the only thing he’s interested in is making sure his pockets bulge as much as possible for as long as possible
All of these guys know that at some point, they will be subject to investigations by some type of law-enforcement. They need to make sure that they have multi millions stashed away for that rainy day when it comes.

What? We can’t criticise what goes on in Qatar because of what people who are long dead did years ago? It’s bollocks.
Nah, Mr T has a point. Personally I'm awaiting reparations and an apology from the short faced bear and the smilodon for eating my ancestors circa 15,000 years ago. Just because it was millenia ago doesn't mean we should move on from it.

I am thoroughly sick to the back teeth of the self-flagelation of woke wankstains saying we in the West having something to apologise for, usually the fcking slave trade, something that has obviously never happened in the holier-than-thou Middle East or anywhere else for that matter. Get to fck Infantino

Maybe it’s just me, but I really struggle with the logic. Like what the %^*& did I do? The people who need to apologise are dead. Am I supposed to apologise for it because I’m white? Isn’t that racism? Can’t get my head around the logic.

I would like them to have a close look at the history of the Slave trade, and who stopped it. The Royal Navy are on record as losing over 2000 men whilst chasing and stopping slave ships after it was abolished in Parliament. I think we should see the whole picture, and not snippets of the past that don’t hold out well under scrutiny. I had a black woman try to abuse me once for being Scottish as her surname was Mac.., and I countered her by saying that the freed slaves often took the surname of the minister or official that enforced their freedom from the slave traders. She wasn’t impressed, she had a preconceived idea of history and no amount of truth was going to change that, so I stopped the chat.

That will be that then... Quite the press conference today... Including a staunch defence of working practices, saying nobody cares about disabled people in the world and that Europe should be apologising for the next 3,000 years.

Strangely he never said he feels like a poorly paid ill treated migrant worker who is a lucky survivor of Qatar's slave trade

The throbber is now saying football can stop World wars

I was watching a thing about Italia 90 last week and they were saying that if Yugoslavia had won it they’d have prevented war in Yugoslavia.

I found it a bit of a stretch. The only people who seem to think football can stop global conflict is the people involved in football. It just shows that most people involved in elite football live in their own wee world.

Back