Is Ryan Kent good enough for England right now?

He's class but he's a long long way from ever being considered for England, especially while playing for us in Scotland

im not saying he will be called up to play in the euros or world cup right now but if he could keep this form up he could get a call up for any friendlies they play.

Is it really that daft a question??

You have Leeds players getting in the England team these days and Leeds are absolutely desperate to sign Kent too.

Granted it doesn't work like that in a perfect world, however he has a special talent about him that I'm sure Southgate and his squad are aware of

It would not surprise me if he goes on to play for England, he will move to the Premiership at some point and will do very well.

Very unlikely while he is with us

Without a doubt.

We don't want him in the shop window though until the transfer window is closed.

If Kent was to play for England he would play out wide. Unless you think that they would also change their shape to accommodate him?

You were talking about them being here, not him in the England team. But you keep moving the goalposts. You said they'd make him look like a junior. If you truly believe that then I think your opinion is bollocks.

You were talking about them being here, not him in the England team. But you keep moving the goalposts. You said they'd make him look like a junior. If you truly believe that then I think your opinion is bollocks.

Fair enough. You think he could get in the England team, I think that's bollocks.

It ultimately doesn't matter, because he would never get called up while playing in Scotland.
However, if the question is he good enough? I'd say so. It's just the fact there is probably, at least, 10-15 players across the positions he can play that are playing at a higher level than him meaning he won't, and you can't really argue with that.

When did I say that?

Then what's your point? Kent is a million miles away from that level of football. Every single player mentioned above is playing at a higher level for a reason. Kent is a great player at this level. He's brilliant for us. But he would look totally out of place amongst those above.

It ultimately doesn't matter, because he would never get called up while playing in Scotland.
However, if the question is he good enough? I'd say so. It's just the fact there is probably, at least, 10-15 players across the positions he can play that are playing at a higher level than him meaning he won't, and you can't really argue with that.

makes you wonder why that fud Alan Thompson got a chance while playing in Scotland, must’ve been struggling.

To be honest, England are only ranked one place above Croatia in the Fifa rankings, and Barisic is a starter for Croatia.
No reason why Kent couldn't make an England squad.

He would be imo if playing down there.

Let's not forget here they have capped absolute shite like Jesse Lingaard in recent times....

They do have some good options in Kents position these days to be fair

If we progress in Europe and he keeps up his current form in that sort of company then why wouldn’t Southgate at least consider him?

England have a lot of attacking options but Kent is looking good and can get even better.

Then what's your point? Kent is a million miles away from that level of football. Every single player mentioned above is playing at a higher level for a reason. Kent is a great player at this level. He's brilliant for us. But he would look totally out of place amongst those above.

My point, as I've said a few times now, is that the idea they'd all make him look like a junior is bollocks. Not sure why you're still not getting that. He could be playing Premiership football if he wanted this season btw, how many junior level players can claim that?

You seem like one of those moany faced bastards who put down our team every time you can. The type that would say we only beat the Motherwell of The Netherlands tonight. Not saying you are, just that's what it seems like.

makes you wonder why that fud Alan Thompson got a chance while playing in Scotland, must’ve been struggling.

Pretty sure it was 1 cap, in days when us and them had far superior players. What makes our achievements of that time so great, is the fact we were playing against one of the most effective scum teams in living memory. James Beattie and Francis Jeffers have a cap as well, I wouldn't worry about it.

He would definitely need to move to the EPL and that would just be looked at never mind to be chosen for England.
Time is on his side so let’s just enjoy him while he’s wearing a Rangers strip.

My point, as I've said a few times now, is that the idea they'd all make him look like a junior is bollocks. Not sure why you're still not getting that. He could be playing Premiership football if he wanted this season btw, how many junior level players can claim that?

You seem like one of those moany faced bastards who put down our team every time you can. The type that would say we only beat the Motherwell of The Netherlands tonight. Not saying you are, just that's what it seems like.

He could play Premiership football, but he'd still be nowhere near the England side.

I am fucking delighted about tonight, but it's totally chronic seeing utterly ridiculous statements about our players after a win. All it does is set them up for a fall. We had people wanting Goldson to get an England cap before the Hibs game. Can't you see how bonkers it is to suggest that any of our players, especially our forward players, are good enough to play for England?

So would:

Raheem Sterling
Oxlade Chamberlain
Jadon Sancho
James Ward-Prowse
Jack Grealish
Marcus Rashford
Phil Foden

All England players that could play out wide.

I love Kent, but come on.
I’d honestly rather Kent than chamberlain and Ward-prowse. Not a big fan of grealish either.

He could play Premiership football, but he'd still be nowhere near the England side.

I am fucking delighted about tonight, but it's totally chronic seeing utterly ridiculous statements about our players after a win. All it does is set them up for a fall. We had people wanting Goldson to get an England cap before the Hibs game. Can't you see how bonkers it is to suggest that any of our players, especially our forward players, are good enough to play for England?
Our support is totally bipolar. Touting players for call ups to one of the best international teams in the world after a great win.

Wanting everyone sold and conceding the league after a bad result.

Back