Is saying” a win is a win” really acceptable?

The failure to spend will kill us that team last night played exactly the way a team of freebies and loan signings would thats the problem we need to open our eyes its not good enough

Another nervy indifferent game where let’s face it, we were poor. It seems we play more of these games lately than really good performances. We should hammer these Diddy teams. We have much better players at every position yet we struggle. Ahhh %^*& it, a win is a win. Lol

A helluva lot better than saying "oh for fuuksake when are we gonnae start winning games".

I know what I'd prefer to see and hear of the two.

The season has been turgid from day one, under two different managers.

I don’t see that changing before May now.

I just hope we can get over the line, then to be honest I’m looking forward to a refresh in the summer. We just seem to be stale now.

Post after post after post of people moaning then countering their own moan with the realisation that other factors have contributed to a coupe of recent displays.

Our online fanbase are utter idiots.

I have a stronger word than idiots but it wont win friends or influence people, and I'll get a ban.

Another nervy indifferent game where let’s face it, we were poor. It seems we play more of these games lately than really good performances. We should hammer these Diddy teams. We have much better players at every position yet we struggle. Ahhh %^*& it, a win is a win. Lol
Have a look at the names of those missing last night - Remember beating Livingston isn`t for everyone !

We’ve dropped 1/6 of our points this season. At that rate, we’re on course to hit 95 points. The 2nd highest total in a 38-game season (we all know what’s 1st :cool:).

Please give our team a break, the standards some set are unrealistic that no team in the past ever actually met, no matter how much your rose-tinted specs wants you to think otherwise.
So we aren’t that bad then after all?:)

The season has been turgid from day one, under two different managers.

I don’t see that changing before May now.

I just hope we can get over the line, then to be honest I’m looking forward to a refresh in the summer. We just seem to be stale now.
Most league campaigns I have watched have been largely turgid and chock full of games like last night.even with laudrup and gascoigne in the team we had games like last night.

I don’t think we were that bad tonight.

I don’t remember them having a real chance and if we had a Jermaine Defoe sniffing around the penalty box we would have won 3 or 4 nil. I lost count the number of times the ball went across their 6 yard box and we didn’t have a striker there to put it away.
Exactly this,a toe end on a couple of these chances and the whole mood is different.We even had a couple of stand out performances in Lowry and Fashion.

Yes, winning breeds confidence and then performances will improve. Winning when you're not at your best is a sign of champions.

The correct answer is that we, the fans, should be ‘entertained’ every time we watch Rangers.
For me, and I suspect many others, winning every game 1-0 and getting the three points to end the season as champions will do nicely thanks !

The thing is, Livi are a tough nut to crack and the tims haven't beaten them in 2 attempts this season.

We were missing our 4 best attacking players, our best CM and our best LCB.

I'd have taken 1-0 before the match last night and the main thing is the 3 points.

I wonder if people like you have footballing brain cell I really do.
Tonight was about the win we were missing kent,Aribo,Alfie,hagi and couldn’t start arfield and roofe.
That’s 5 players who are first team regulars of course the win is most important thing when your missing nearly half your team and best attacking players.

On a night where our 4 most attacking, creative players are missing, where the weather is absolutely terrible, and the opposition park the bus, then yes, I’d say a 1-0 is perfectly acceptable.

Our defence is looking absolutely solid again so it’s not like earlier in the season when we needed 2 or 3 to win every game.

Conditions were dreadful last night, which teams like Livingston will love because it makes it harder for us to play free following football. We also had a weaker XI due to injuries and suspensions, so yes I think a win is a win under those circumstances.

in must win games ... yes it certainly is

I didn’t think it was a poor performance overall. I thought it was quite encouraging in parts given we were missing 5 players who would normall be starters. The conditions last night were a great equaliser but generally thought we looked comfortable and felt a goal was always coming and didn’t look in danger of conceding save for that one header.

People have to understand GVB is still getting to know this group, working out who can fit into the system and style of play he is looking for and we’ve almost an entire 11 out injured or otherwise absent presently. Under the circumstances and the conditions the 3 points was literally all that mattered.

Defend the 4 point lead and we win 56 and if that’s the case we can turn in a few more performances like last night (which was nowhere near as bad as is being made out).

People have to understand GVB is still getting to know this group, working out who can fit into the system and style of play he is looking for and we’ve almost an entire 11 out injured or otherwise absent presently. Under the circumstances and the conditions the 3 points was literally all that mattered.

Defend the 4 point lead and we win 56 and if that’s the case we can turn in a few more performances like last night (which was nowhere near as bad as is being made out).
Exactly. Only the back four and keeper have really even played together before last night

Apparently it is when the weather is a bit shit.

Seriously, situations like last night I think absolutely. Nobody will remember last night's game if we win 56.

ok. Our subs should hammer Livi. We have a squad of about 20 odd players who all would be the best player in the Livi team.
If you say so Kenny.

If you thought we were going to hammer Livingston with our two most creative players and main striker missing, a midfield with two holding midfielders due to injuries and an 18 year old in front of them then maybe it was the reality check you needed.

We were missing key players and livi is a tough team to play. We also had sands and lowry who is new to the team and still learning how to play at our level etc.

Despite that we won 1-0. How anyone can complain is beyond me.

If you say so Kenny.

If you thought we were going to hammer Livingston with our two most creative players and main striker missing, a midfield with two holding midfielders due to injuries and an 18 year old in front of them then maybe it was the reality check you needed.
Im saying we have many options to have won the game easily. And the 18 yr old was fantastic last night

If you say so Kenny.

We'd struggle to hammer them even with a fully fit squad
I think people forget just how many points we have dropped against them over the past few years.

ok. Our subs should hammer Livi. We have a squad of about 20 odd players who all would be the best player in the Livi team.
Given they play a backs to the wall formation against us and them and they have taken points off them twice doing the same thing, then I’d say our subs did alright getting a 1-0 victory.

Im saying we have many options to have won the game easily. And the 18 yr old was fantastic last night
Like I said, hopefully it will give you the reality check you need.

By the way, but for two excellent saves and a goal line clearance we’d have scored 4. We dominated the game with a near second string midfield and attack but lacked cutting edge.

So aye, a win is a win.

Since the season started I’ve been seeing similar posts

“Just need to find that one game and we’ll be flying”

We’re nearly in February and the season started in August ….
We're top of the league by 4 points , what more do you want

Sometimes beautiful football just isn't possible, and sometimes the opposition prevents you from playing beautiful football.

We were never going to hammer Livingston

And we were probably never going to play good football against a team that's happy to sit with 10 men in the box. How good do you expect the football to be when your up against that? Our players aren't going to give us fancy football and tricks in the middle of the park for shits and giggles.

No Helander, Balogun, Davis, Aribo, Arfield, Jack, Kent, Hagi, Morelos or Roofe in the starting line up.

Played in a f*cking monsoon.

Yes, a win is a win is acceptable.

Of the 1 defeat in 61 games run we’re on, 14 of them have been 1-0 wins. Most of them haven’t been pretty. Any sort of win, in that weather missing 5-6 starters against a side who’ve taken 4 points off Celtic already this season is a decent result.

No. Performances have been worrying.
If someone asked me how was the game the other night and how did we play...my answer would have been ; shite !!
Yes we got the win - thanks to one improvised moment from Arfield BUT that could easily have been a draw and we'd have had no cause to complain given how we played.

Not even sure what our style of football is or what it's meant to be. It's a bit safe / boring.

Watching the game back, we were miles ahead.
I don’t think Livingston had a shot at goal worthy of the name.
The closest they came to scoring was probably the header that Lowry played basketball with on the line (that’s just for the lurkers).
On the other hand how many did we have?
There is no doubt we do have better players but that doesn’t always mean on the day.
What I mean by that is that, on the day, our opponents will have a player or two who is a better player than our man.
Anderson v Itten for example.
This is because our opponents have motivation we cannot replicate against them which makes them “more than the sum of their parts”.
Next game, they’re back to their normal mediocrity, by comparison to how they played against us.

No. Performances have been worrying.
If someone asked me how was the game the other night and how did we play...my answer would have been ; shite !!
Yes we got the win - thanks to one improvised moment from Arfield BUT that could easily have been a draw and we'd have had no cause to complain given how we played.

Not even sure what our style of football is or what it's meant to be. It's a bit safe / boring.
Could just have easily been a 3-0 win.
Easily.

Of the 1 defeat in 61 games run we’re on, 14 of them have been 1-0 wins. Most of them haven’t been pretty. Any sort of win, in that weather missing 5-6 starters against a side who’ve taken 4 points off Celtic already this season is a decent result.
Going through our nine in a row seasons or Walter’s three in a row, there was probably a hundred performances like against Livingston.
Ditto under Souness and also McLeish in 05.
The only years I can’t remember too many turgid performances would be under Advocaat then McLeish in 03.

So why wasn't it?
Were we unlucky? Subject to poor refereeing or just a wee bit safe / negative and shit....again?

Go on, answer truthfully
No problem.
We missed clear cut chances.
Itten, Wright and Sakala all had 100% chances in both halves.

No problem.
We missed clear cut chances.
Itten, Wright and Sakala all had 100% chances in both halves.
True. We make chances every game...just maybe not enough of them of late for me.
I'm probably over critical to be fair as I just want so much better

Sakala to be fair was denied by a really good save second half.
Itten? You talking about the chance after Wright went on his mazy 1st half?

True. We make chances every game...just maybe not enough of them of late for me.
I'm probably over critical to be fair as I just want so much better

Sakala to be fair was denied by a really good save second half.
Itten? You talking about the chance after Wright went on his mazy 1st half?
Yes, well it was Lowry, but that’s the one.
I’m not saying Sakala’s misses we’re sitters but they were great chances.

They have strengthened. No doubt about it and the players they bring in seem to have sn Immediate impact. Our lethargic approach to games perhaps doesn't help. Those on here refusing to accept the scum are capable of beating us next Wednesday are living in denial.

Our attitude has to be far better than it has been in away games like Easter Rd, Tynecastle and Pittodrie.
Exactly mate. Their has to be a few gear changes. Feels as if we're in the fast lane in 2 gear, by the time we get to the piggery we need to be in 5th gear. Its also too late to get players in that could walk into the OF.

There are always a batch of games in December/January where you need to grind in Scotland. It’s always been the same, last night was the epitome of the word grind. Win on Saturday and we go to their midden knowing we will be top after the game no matter what happens leading into a favourable run of home games.
Hearts, hibs, motherwell and aberdeen are a run of favourable games?

Back