Is saying” a win is a win” really acceptable?

They have strengthened. No doubt about it and the players they bring in seem to have sn Immediate impact. Our lethargic approach to games perhaps doesn't help. Those on here refusing to accept the scum are capable of beating us next Wednesday are living in denial.

Our attitude has to be far better than it has been in away games like Easter Rd, Tynecastle and Pittodrie.
The scum, along with others, are always capable of beating us.
Isn’t it ironic though that, in demanding an attitude change, you highlight three games, none of which we lost, winning two and not conceding an open play chance in the other?

Sands, Lowry, Sakala, Wright and Itten. Five players, middle to front, who none of us would put in our strongest starting 11. Not criticising Sands, Sakala or Lowry - all three did their jobs, especially the latter two who I thought were excellent - but none of the five I mentioned are who we'd consider first choice players. And we were playing a team who are notoriously difficult to break down. We still could and should have won by more, and were never in any danger of losing the game, but I do agree that some of the play was boring as f**k. I'll complain if we put in a repeat performance against County as they're poor defensively and we should have a better team to put out, but I won't complain about the Livi game. Well, not now that it's over! I did enough complaining during the game.

Yes this season it is, we must win this title and get the royalties of the champions league, not winning it could set us back years.

Post after post after post of people moaning then countering their own moan with the realisation that other factors have contributed to a coupe of recent displays.

Our online fanbase are utter idiots.
You being one of them clearly as you simply cannot understand my post clearly.
Which point are you disagreeing with?
A win being acceptable
Players have been missing
We have been too negative in our tactics

For me each & every one of these points is factual
GvB is still settling in but it doesn't change my view that his tactics can be too negative & whilst Pittodrie is never the easiest place to pick up 3 points if we continue to play in the manner where we give up control of the central area of the park then dropping points will follow.
We chose to play that way at Pittodrie & that is why my point was that a win is always acceptable but we cant hide from the fact that the tactics in place is not the way forward in my view

A win being acceptable

GvB is still settling in but it doesn't change my view that his tactics can be too negative & whilst Pittodrie is never the easiest place to pick up 3 points if we continue to play in the manner where we give up control of the central area of the park then dropping points will follow.
We chose to play that way at Pittodrie & that is why my point was that a win is always acceptable but we cant hide from the fact that the tactics in place is not the way forward in my view
It’s not the most exciting expansive football but it works. 8 wins and a draw in the league, with no losses since he arrived shows that.

The return of our better players and the signing of Diallo should help at the top end of the park as well.

A win being acceptable

No chance I'm reading that.

Suspension, injury & players on international duty, add to that gale force winds & howling rain oh and a team with 11 men behind the ball, id say on this occasions a win is a win

Another nervy indifferent game where let’s face it, we were poor. It seems we play more of these games lately than really good performances. We should hammer these Diddy teams. We have much better players at every position yet we struggle. Ahhh %^*& it, a win is a win. Lol
Even during the 9 in a row years there were plenty games we just scraped through and that included Rangers teams with Gazza and Laudrup in them. Teams back then did not park the bus or play a low block, well not often.

So yes, a win is a win.

Yes.

Winning 1-0 when you’re playing poorly and struggling is the sign of champions.

Even the best Rangers teams over the years have had a poor run of form during league winning seasons.

Another nervy indifferent game where let’s face it, we were poor. It seems we play more of these games lately than really good performances. We should hammer these Diddy teams. We have much better players at every position yet we struggle. Ahhh %^*& it, a win is a win. Lol
Yes

The scum, along with others, are always capable of beating us.
Isn’t it ironic though that, in demanding an attitude change, you highlight three games, none of which we lost, winning two and not conceding an open play chance in the other?

We’ve lost 1 of our last 60 league games.

The idea that we have some sort of attitude problem is a myth/fantasy.

We’ve struggled at times this season, but it’s always been due to lack of quality/confidence, rather than attitude.

Even during the 9 in a row years there were plenty games we just scraped through and that included Rangers teams with Gazza and Laudrup in them. Teams back then did not park the bus or play a low block, well not often.

So yes, a win is a win.
Made this very point on another thread.

What do you mean by "acceptable"?

What would not accepting it even look like?

Serious question. If you go to Ibrox and the performance is "unacceptable" then what do you do?

Have a moan about it on the Internet? That kind of is just accepting it.

Always think it's a bit weird on here, people saying this thing or that thing is "unacceptable". What are we supposed to do?

A ‘wins a win’ mentality is very short sighted and in contrast to what some say - doesn’t win you league titles. Consistency of high level performance wins league titles.
Consistently winning games wins you league titles. 1 defeat in over 60 games and being happy with a run of the mill win against a stubborn opponent hoping for a draw makes me shot sighted? Ok get me my specs ffs

Yes it is.

We've won many titles over the years with plenty games being utterly shite.

3 points is 3 points and I couldn't give a %^*& how we secure them.

To many folk these days expecting Pep Barca football every game.

At this time of year, with a tough, congested fixture list, I’m absolutely in the ‘win is a win’ mindset from now through to the end of February, at least.

I‘d take a run of 8 x 1-0 wins right now if offered.

Last edited:
Back