it was the 4th official who told the ref to send Jack off

I thought it was a red at the game, after seeing it again it should have been a yellow imo, although jack shouldn't have reacted.
How on earth the fourth official can give that is beyond me

sorry for not understanding some posts, where would 4th official see a tv monitor?
he cant leave the dugouts to go back to the inside area, where there might not be tv's anyway.

It’s a rigged game folks. A pansy like Ryan Jack sent off three times, thugs like Brown and Bowman, not once. I’m just back from the game and the way I feel is to pack football in period. If Scotland wants Celtic winning week after week at the expense of everything else, then f... it, let the game die up here - no great loss. Consolation is the mentally challengeds will die with it, a truth they seem to forget.

My understanding is that the 4th official is responsible for keeping control of the technical area and not to have influence on the game itself...

sorry for not understanding some posts, where would 4th official see a tv monitor?
he cant leave the dugouts to go back to the inside area, where there might not be tv's anyway.

This is where it gets murky. I don’t know the layout of the technical area/tunnel well enough to answer that, but there can be no other reason why the 4th official took 2+ minutes to tell the referee to send off Jack.

If he saw it at the time, why did it take him so long to communicate that to the ref?

My understanding is that the 4th official is responsible for keeping control of the technical area and not to have influence on the game itself...
Your understanding is incorrect.

All officials can influence the game. He may well be in charge of the immediate technical area but he’s also part of the refereeing team who can alert the ref to anything they may have missed.

Doing it 3 minutes later is the sketchy part.

Reactions: Mez

The 4th official (much like the assistants) also helps the ref if they have a clearer view of an incident

This will be the "4th official" who has a better view of an incident from 40 yards away than the ref standing close by on the pitch , but one who fails to spot a certain opposing manager standing in the technical area that he is supposed to control, giving it big fck you's to all the fans in the main stand.

Believe the 4th official is a rangers hating hibee. Few of his social media interactions have him liking posts slagging off Rangers. Not that anyone would be suprised.

Now, I need to say that I’ve seen it once, from the broomloan. And only really going on comments here. But, by all accounts, jack pushed him AND kicked him.

Not saying it’s right(what the ref and his pal did), far from it. But that will be their excuse. Yellow for the push. Red for the kick.

Shambles.
He never kicked him but it may have looked like that as he was flinching when Broadfoot was standing on his toes.

someone else was watching the game on tv and somehow contacted that 4th official and told him it was a red card.thats why it took so long.some people should be getting the sack.lets get them rangers.remember the 4th official turning away when tlb was giving us the sign.

Believe the 4th official is a rangers hating hibee. Few of his social media interactions have him liking posts slagging off Rangers. Not that anyone would be suprised.
If this is the case, then get it posted on here.
No dig at you mate but this shìt needs highlighted.

someone else was watching the game on tv and somehow contacted that 4th official and told him it was a red card.thats why it took so long.some people should be getting the sack.lets get them rangers.remember the 4th official turning away when tlb was giving us the sign.
This.
I don't think there's any denying it was a red card.
I went fùcking mental at Jack for being so stupid.
The fact he was booked, then shown a straight red on the say so of a tv official is utterly sinister.
Jack should have been sent off but the arrival at the decision is quite simply cheating.

As a referee myself. The 4th official can get involved if he thinks the referee has made a mistake or the wrong call or mistaking identity. If you remember the 4th official gave the penalty against them in the 5 1 game

Are you sure it wasn't the RTV feed being replayed on the big screen that the 4th official saw?

It was totaly stupidly in his part 4th time this season. Hegot sent off in the friendly against morton behind closed doors

The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including
whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final.
The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his
discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided
that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.

Re Fourth Official

He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws
of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all
points connected with play.

IFAB have instructed the fourth officials to become involved in acts of violent conduct.

If Alan is looking at the incident from waist hight up and missed the little, kick, stamp whatever you want to call it, the fourth official must become involved

It happened to McManus when the scum were playing Hearts a few year ago, only it was the assistant.
Craig Thomson was the referee

My head's mince after tonight, Scottish football is finished.....
I think, maybe bizarrely, that the officials are looking for help from us.....
Celtic screwed the referees big style and introduced a CO who could feck them over any time he wanted. They cannot do their job anymore. The Lurgan Bigot openly laughs in their faces.
We made a stand after Sunday. No more shit.
The referees agreed with what we said? Maybe?
And maybe tonight's farce highlights everything that's wrong with Scottish football.
Maybe they want another strike? Maybe there's a feeling that this is not right? Maybe....

Right if the 4th official has seen a replay and decided it should be upgraded to red surely he would have seen broadfoots part in it so why wasn’t he sent off

Jack motioned his head towards Broadfoot. Don’t know if he hit him or not but it was stupid.
I thought it would be red but once the yellow is issued can he change his mind and give a straight red for the same offence?

As I understand it, there has to be a degree of force involved for even this to be a red card offence.
Remember the Ross County player on Miller?
More so, Derek Lyle had his red card for the action on Kiernan rescinded for this exact reason.
So, I'm looking for more than "motion his head towards".

Looked like the linesman was backing the referee up in the decision to give the penalty because it was very close to the 18yd line. That was fine.

Broadfoot lost his shit over the penalty because it was him who gave the foul away. Jack should have walked from him and gone straight to the ref when Broadfoot stood on his foot the first time instead of continuing to square up.

I think, if the linesman thought the ball hadn't left the penalty box, he'd have stood on the touch line in line with the penalty box with his flag raised.
That he didn't suggested to me that the ball was back in play.

The decisions of the referee regarding facts connected with play, including
whether or not a goal is scored and the result of the match, are final.
The referee may only change a decision on realising that it is incorrect or, at his
discretion, on the advice of an assistant referee or the fourth official, provided
that he has not restarted play or terminated the match.

Re Fourth Official

He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws
of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all
points connected with play.

IFAB have instructed the fourth officials to become involved in acts of violent conduct.

If Alan is looking at the incident from waist hight up and missed the little, kick, stamp whatever you want to call it, the fourth official must become involved

It happened to McManus when the scum were playing Hearts a few year ago, only it was the assistant.
Craig Thomson was the referee

Your honest view here

Do you believe Jacks push merited a red card?

Why did it take the 4th official 4+ minutes before piping up?

Watched it back on Rangers TV there. Looks like Broadfoot is standing on Jack's toes and Jack pulls his foot away and pushes him. Why would it take the 4th official 3 minutes to chime in?

Your honest view here

Do you believe Jacks push merited a red card?

Why did it take the 4th official 4+ minutes before piping up?
It wasn't for a push. It was for putting his studs into his leg, like Souness did with McLuskey.
If you didn't see that, you cannot blame Alan for missing it also.

Looking at the twitter video, the ref is on the scene within 2 seconds at most, from the left side.

This would suggest that he was 5-10 yards away, with a clear side-on view of what happened and he correctly deemed it a yellow card.

How then, can the ref possibly believe that the 4th Official has seen the incident better than him, from 50 yards away, when his view of Jack is partly obscured by Broadfoot?

If he saw the same video that is on twitter, then it isn't a red card. Broadfoot is repeatedly trying to stand on Jack's feet. Jack pulls his feet away, pushes Broadfoot and moves towards him. Broadfoot then takes a dive, holding his face. On the basis of that video, there is no headbutt and no kick. It is a yellow card for the push, no more.

The BBC Live Text does not mention Jack being booked earlier in the game, so that rules out the possibility of the ref forgetting that he had booked Jack already.... unless they missed it.

Once again, it looks like an Official has wrongly acted upon the reaction of an opposition player, rather than the actions of a Rangers player, which is becoming a common occurrence.

It wasn't for a push. It was for putting his studs into his leg, like Souness did with McLuskey.

Are you saying the fourth official seen this from behind forty yards away ?

My head's mince after tonight, Scottish football is finished.....
I think, maybe bizarrely, that the officials are looking for help from us.....
Celtic screwed the referees big style and introduced a CO who could feck them over any time he wanted. They cannot do their job anymore. The Lurgan Bigot openly laughs in their faces.
We made a stand after Sunday. No more shit.
The referees agreed with what we said? Maybe?
And maybe tonight's farce highlights everything that's wrong with Scottish football.
Maybe they want another strike? Maybe there's a feeling that this is not right? Maybe....

I am kind of feeling the same, totally scunnered in general.

Never seen such a pantomime as last night or them finding another way to cheat us, totally bizarre. I am thinking after Murrayfield on Saturday I will not be visiting any more away games any time soon.

That's the real question.

RTV were showing the incident. Would that be the feed in the ground. Would he have access to a tv? If so had he broken the rules and used the Tv. Club need to look at the cctv footage and see what he was doing pre it being ruled out. If he has used tv evidence then we have to go after him for it - assuming that's not allowed as I cannot remember tv referrals being brought into our game.
They have video review in MLS and it’s multiple angles that are view. If the 4th only saw the RTV feed then it perhaps looks like Jack knees Broadfoot. However, I think he was actually pulling his foot away and his only action against Broadfoot was to give him a shove (which was embellished by Broadfoot) I actually think the linesman might have had the better view from the sidelines and as far as I could make out, the ref consulted him and they agreed on a yellow for both.

It was also quite telling Broadfoot went spare when he saw Jack only got a caution initially. He was obviosly trying from the red card from the start.

The whole fiasco of how long it took for the PK to be taken also factors in. The ref should have been flashing yellows at the Killie players for delay of game. They obviously saw the disagreement between Herrera and Candeias and tried to play on it

Can he get a referee to give a red card for an offence after he has issued a yellow
Why did the forth offcial not advise the ref before he gave a yellow
If the ref was'nt sure of what happened why did he give yellows before consulting his forth official
Is the red card allowable if a yellow has already been given
If a yellow card is issued it prohibits the
Compliance t@rrier from becoming involved
Answers please

Before i start my rant, Killie deserved AT LEAST a point, but still we cannot ignore the last 2 minutes.

if an incident is dealt with at the time the compliance officer will not get involved?(see Scott Brown 2017)

Appeals will be heard swiftly (unless Scott brown is needed to play against the huns see 2017)

If the ref makes a decision during the game of his own volition = does the 4th official have a right to change that? - no (see above)

if the referee (cheat) and BOTH linesmen (or assistant cheats) come on to the pitch to come to a decision after 5 mins of deliberation (whilst a nervous player who speaks little english and has seen nothing like this in his f|*ckin life) - can the 4th official change it? - no (see above)

answers on a postcard?

The correct answer is of course - only if the rangers are involved (spfl/sfa officials can make the rules up as we go along - big Peter will back us up)

OTL he didn't put his studs into his leg, you can tell that from this angle: https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/923294791319789568

What's the score with big çunt Broadfoot, surely stamping someones foot multiple times and faking head injury gets some retrospective action?

Its quite clear from both the clips above that RJ did not do anything other than the push. However, he should not be raising his hands regardless of the antics from Broadfoot.

Once again, we will need to go to appeal to clear him but he needs to learn to not get sucked in. Broadfoot should be charged for his involvement of deliberately and repeatedly stamping on RJs feet and then throwing himself to the ground on minimal contact.

Did you see this happening?
Did the referee?
Did the fourth official?
Do you see it on any of the clips provided?

Having watched these clips, if you were the referee, would you be happier with your initial decision or the one you made after taking advice?
Take the advice.
You are going to look a complete fool if you ignored good advice in any walk of life.
If it turns out to be bad advice, it's the guy who gave it that gets it in the neck, not you.
Your arse is covered.

My seat is in the Club Deck Broomloan side near the half way line, so much the same angle as fourth official.

Jack should not have been getting involved, you would think he would have learned his lesson by now, opposition know he is easily wound up and target him

Celtic exploited the Dougie McDonald incident to the maximum extent to put a huge amount of pressure on referees.

Rangers should appeal Jack's red card and accuse Broadfoot of play-acting. (Any comments about how useless Caixinha is or how stupid Jack was are irrelevant in this context.)

Not for the first time, there is an incident which looks completely different from two different angles.

If the 4th official has made the referee change his initial decision and got it wrong despite having a poorer view, then that's fairly damning of his supposed role and competence. Did he have access to video evidence?

There is a strong possibility that the 4th official has jumped to the wrong conclusion based on what he assumed he saw and got it wrong. This has to be cleared up and the club seen to be fighting its corner.

Right if the 4th official has seen a replay and decided it should be upgraded to red surely he would have seen broadfoots part in it so why wasn’t he sent off

Where would he have seen the replay? There aren’t any monitors down in the technical area

Jeff winter who was at the game....

.As long as play hasn’t restarted a Ref can change any decision . What happened tonight though has me baffled .

i thought ryan jack pushed broadfoot to the ground ,never saw what happened before it ,

however the ref has made his decision to yellow card jack then is over ruled by the 4th official ,the game is %^*&@d
Broadfoot walked up to jack and stood on his left foot, he done the same again and then a third time he stood on his right foot, jack pulled his foot away and gave him a little push. Broadfoot then crashed to the ground holding his face.

The 4th official made the decision some three minutes later and was 40 yards further away from the indicent than the referee.

It doesn’t take a genius to work out why it took him three minutes to alter the decision.

We now have a position in this country where we don’t use video refs. Unless the 4th official decides he fancies a shot at it.
Unless it's against us.

referee was stood closer to Ryan Jack than f*cking Broadfoot when Broadfoot hit the deck. If he wasn't able to make a decision and had to rely on his mate stood 40 yards away then he needs sacked before he gets home tonight.

100% this.

4th official is miles away but he sees it clearer than the ref? Not a chance.

The incompetence of the officials is actually laughable.

Back