it was the 4th official who told the ref to send Jack off

Its quite clear from both the clips above that RJ did not do anything other than the push. However, he should not be raising his hands regardless of the antics from Broadfoot.

Once again, we will need to go to appeal to clear him but he needs to learn to not get sucked in. Broadfoot should be charged for his involvement of deliberately and repeatedly stamping on RJs feet and then throwing himself to the ground on minimal contact.
Broadfoot can’t be charged because he got a yellow at the time.
That’s why this is so stupid.
Jack also got a yellow at the time so that should have been it finished.

Broadfoot can’t be charged because he got a yellow at the time.
That’s why this is so stupid.
Jack also got a yellow at the time so that should have been it finished.
There is angle that shows Jack may not have touched him.
Is there any need for Broadfoot to be lying about in agony?
If he has deceived the referee by simulation, it's a ban just like Fyvie.

He was cautioned for adopting a threatening and aggressive attitude. Not simulation.
So why can't he be charged?

There is angle that shows Jack may not have touched him.
Is there any need for Broadfoot to be lying about in agony?
If he has deceived the referee by simulation, it's a ban just like Fyvie.

He was cautioned for adopting a threatening and aggressive attitude. Not simulation.
So why can't he be charged?
I just thought because he had a yellow for the incident it would be left at that. Maybe not.
But for them to say Broadfoot cheated would be them admitting they got it wrong with Jack, I doubt they will do that.

I just thought because he had a yellow for the incident it would be left at that. Maybe not.
But for them to say Broadfoot cheated would be them admitting they got it wrong with Jack, I doubt they will do that.
Why would you doubt that?
Beaton was held his hands up to being incorrect. (Jack)
Madden admitted to being incorrect. (Halliday)

If players are going to hold their heads and roll about, they deserve what is coming to them

If someone conned you out of money, over your mistake, you wouldn't want repercussions?

The ref saw hee haw. He was preparing for the penalty like most on the pitch. So who knows what he booked in the 1st place.

There must have been at least 2 or 3 minutes between the incident and Jack being booked so why couldn't the 4th official have got involved then? The referee was clearly standing consulting with his assistant so you would think that's when the 4th official would have had his input?

The full incident was a shambles. Stopping the penalty taker 3 times before allowing him to take the penalty is a joke.

OTL he didn't put his studs into his leg, you can tell that from this angle: https://twitter.com/talkingbaws/status/923294791319789568

What's the score with big çunt Broadfoot, surely stamping someones foot multiple times and faking head injury gets some retrospective action?

That is an excellent angle that pretty conclusively shows that Broadfoot cheated, and deliberately tried to get a fellow pro sent off by feigning injury. Jack should use this when his red card is, again, rescinded.

I accept that it is incredibly difficult for referees to see all this during a melee of players. They don't have eyes on the back of their heads.

I still have a real problem with the way this incident was handled by an alleged Hibs fan 4th official, and still have real issues with the fact that these incidents just keep happening over and over again, and always seem to affect only Rangers.

I never thought I'd get to the point where I now genuinely believe the game is a bogey up here. The authorities are now packed with tims who are desperate to cheat Rangers and hand their side every advantage going, to assist their attempts at ten tainted titles.

If players are going to hold their heads and roll about, they deserve what is coming to them

If someone conned you out of money, over your mistake, you wouldn't want repercussions?
I doubt they will admit to being wrong because there has been a lot said about how bad the refs are since Sunday and to make a big mistake the very next game will almost prove that Pedro was right to say the refereeing standards are very poor and getting worse.

From the minute the ref gave the penalty he looked like he was panicking.
The Kilmarnock players put pressure on him and he was flapping. He made a big show of putting his decisions on the linesman (for the penalty) and the 4th official (for the red card).

I know you are a ref and will take his side but in all the years I’ve watched football I’ve never seen a display like the last 5 mins of last nights game.

you must surely see a pattern emerging here.

there is a reason fans are starting to believe that we are being referee'd to different standards than everyone else.

a lot of "honest mistakes" have occurred so far this season.

The Hibs game with Beaton and the semi final at the weekend seen some of the most extraordinary decisions I've witnessed

That angle doesn’t even prove your point.
It shows a slight kick at worst, no studs shown.

I'm not even seeing a kick? I see Jack lifting his foot and leg away from the cheating bastard that is Broadfoot stamping on his toes, and Jack pushing him.

If anything, this additional view of the incident, combined with the other one a few moments ago, actually provide Jack with a complete defence.

Anyway, setting aside what we can or can't see in these images, OTL, just to recap, can Broadfoot be done for his part in this? Don't think anyone is denying seeing Broadfoot stamping on Jack's toes, are they? Can he be retrospectively held to account for that?

Now, I need to say that I’ve seen it once, from the broomloan. And only really going on comments here. But, by all accounts, jack pushed him AND kicked him.

Not saying it’s right(what the ref and his pal did), far from it. But that will be their excuse. Yellow for the push. Red for the kick.

Shambles.
It seemed Jack had a kid on kick, then a slight coming together, then a blatant kick on the shins and finally a slight push that had Broadfit crumble to the deck holding his face. This was me half watching it while working. But RTV seemed to show it about a hundred times.

That is an excellent angle that pretty conclusively shows that Broadfoot cheated, and deliberately tried to get a fellow pro sent off by feigning injury. Jack should use this when his red card is, again, rescinded.

I accept that it is incredibly difficult for referees to see all this during a melee of players. They don't have eyes on the back of their heads.

I still have a real problem with the way this incident was handled by an alleged Hibs fan 4th official, and still have real issues with the fact that these incidents just keep happening over and over again, and always seem to affect only Rangers.

I never thought I'd get to the point where I now genuinely believe the game is a bogey up here. The authorities are now packed with tims who are desperate to cheat Rangers and hand their side every advantage going, to assist their attempts at ten tainted titles.
It is the players who are rolling about cheating. Not the referees.
It is the players who are setting out to con and deceive. Not the referees.

It is life at Rangers. Everyone wants to beat us. Everyone raises their game. They will do everything and anything they can.

Jack didn’t kick out, he pulled his foot away.

Jack didn’t motion a head butt - that didn’t happen.

He pushed that prick Broadfoot who went down holding his face.

If the 4th official has told the referee (who had lost the plot) to send Jack off for that the Club must take action.

That decision is worse that Beaton’s

you must surely see a pattern emerging here.

there is a reason fans are starting to believe that we are being referee'd to different standards than everyone else.

a lot of "honest mistakes" have occurred so far this season.

The Hibs game with Beaton and the semi final at the weekend seen some of the most extraordinary decisions I've witnessed

The flying elbow on Miller, at Ross County. Another honest mistake?

It's week after week now.

It is life at Rangers. Everyone wants to beat us. Everyone raises their game. They will do everything and anything they can.

I take the point about players.

The 4th official taking 2 or 3 minites to intervene doesn't look great does it?

Regarding Broadfoot, can he be retrospectively held to account?

OTL thinks halliday was rightly sent off for a fist pump
OTL thinks jack was rightly sent off for a non existent sticking his studs into broadfoot.

OTL makes things up.

OTL I honestly used to like your input when you showed us stuff from the referee side. Today, the racking of studs comment aside, it has been more along that side and I appreciate that.

However you say Broadfoot should be banned, do you really think he will be?

Surely to Christ you are seeing that decision this season have been horrible against us, i know it's a hard job but this season has been like nothing I have seen before.

Why did it take the 4th official do long to arrive at the wrong decision?

I started this thread as I sit in West enclosure behind away dugout and with the same line of sight as 4th official. Where we sat, it looked like Jack was a silly boy. Watching video of incident then it paints an entirely dif picture.
As said earlier, when I even hear Tom English say Broadfoot cheated to get Jack sent off then that's all you need to know.

I am certain that he must have seen a replay whilst RTV were showing replay after replay. That is why the decision came so late. The official only saw it on the monitors while the penalty was being delayed. If you were eatching RTV they were showing replays over and over as the penalty kick was being delayed. They then stopped showing them and within 15 or 20 seconds, 4th official man had mysteriously had a clear view if the incident ftom the stands and suddenly said it was a red.

If he had seen a replay on a monitor he would have sent off C unt Broadfoot!

OTL thinks jack was rightly sent off for a non existent sticking his studs into broadfoot.

OTL makes things up.
OTL said he deserved it for persistent misconduct and posted 2 pictures of him in the referees face and a video of him feigning injury.
OTL said Braodfoot is rolling about holding his head to deceive the referee as an excellent angle shows.

Ubik makes things up.

Apart from the men in black. Another ridiculous episode that if it was penned by John Grisham nobody would believe it.

The corrupt cabal that you are in will get their own 10iar commemorative medallions!

OTL I honestly used to like your input when you showed us stuff from the referee side. Today, the racking of studs comment aside, it has been more along that side and I appreciate that.

However you say Broadfoot should be banned, do you really think he will be?

Surely to Christ you are seeing that decision this season have been horrible against us, i know it's a hard job but this season has been like nothing I have seen before.

Why did it take the 4th official do long to arrive at the wrong decision?

I have just said

If we are going to have player after player rolling about, it's not just you and I.
The players themselves must see horrible decisions. Surely Jack must learn to walk away after the Stokes incident.

OTL said he deserved it for persistent misconduct and posted 2 pictures of him in the referees face and a video of him feigning injury.
OTL said Braodfoot is rolling about holding his head to deceive the referee as an excellent angle shows.

Ubik makes things up.

i wish i had a better memory to remember what it was you said about hallidays sending off but it wasnt that. Something about him not running to join his team mates but standing himself was what you said on the previous board.

It's obvious that the 4th official saw to footage. If we are using to replays I thought it was someone in the tv van that calls it but only if the ref asks for it, i.e. Stops play calls the man in the van for a clarification.

I was not at the game and like many was reading the extraordinary episode unravel on here. Mental!

Is there the remotest possibility that the 4th official has spotted something after the shenanigans with Broadfoot (who should be ashamed of his behaviour) that we are not party to?

What ensued in the period after the tangling and the penalty being missed?

I just wonder if he has seen something that we haven't? No contibutions from those present would suggest that nothing else has ocurred.

If referees could explain their decisions it would help a hell of a lot. Then again, if they have fucked up as seems probable here, it buys them a shed load of time to get their stories agreed.

This is probably the best view of what happened. Jacks foot is being stood on, he pulls his foot away and pushes Broadfoot at the same time, Broadfoot then goes down holding his face.

https://mobile.twitter.com/XXIIISport/status/923297874728779777

Correct. Jack should have walked away rather than respond, but that doesn’t change the fact that Broadfoot was both the aggressor and a cheat, stamping on his foot 3 times then going down holding his face when Jack shoved him in the chest.

There was certainly no headbutt, neither did Jack kick out at Broadfoot as alleged elsewhere. He raised his foot backwards after Broadfoot stamped on it.

He was daft to get involved at all given his red card history so early in his Rangers career, but Jack was not the instigator of this incident and Broadfoot should be ashamed of his behaviour.

i wish i had a better memory to remember what it was you said about hallidays sending off but it wasnt that. Something about him not running to join his team mates but standing himself was what you said on the previous board.

Oh right, so you cannot remember, so you just make things up and accuse me me of making things up.

Just to refresh your memory.
http://forum.rangers-mad.co.uk/show...ee-linesman-post-mortem-thread-(multi-merged)

Yes I did say he should have ran with the rest of the team and celebrated together.
Funnily enough, a thread appeared after we beat them in the semi final about the team running to the dug out to celebrate as a team except Halliday. I haven't seen you once having a go at anyone posting on that thread, of which I stayed silent.
Towards the end of last season, there was a thread about him, continually lying on and slapping the ground whenever he was challenged.

A lot of what I said on that thread, others started to say as time progressed.

I'm not even seeing a kick? I see Jack lifting his foot and leg away from the cheating bastard that is Broadfoot stamping on his toes, and Jack pushing him.

I'm seeing him lifting his foot away and then moving his knee towards Broadfoot.

Broadfoot's reaction should see him cited and given a suspension for attempting to con a ref.

Can he get a referee to give a red card for an offence after he has issued a yellow. Yes, as long as he hasn't restarted the game
Why did the forth offcial not advise the ref before he gave a yellow. Who know, maybe the ref has said he seen it all?
If the ref was'nt sure of what happened why did he give yellows before consulting his forth official.
They are miked so I would assume some sort of conversation?
Is the red card allowable if a yellow has already been given. Yes, answer one.
If a yellow card is issued it prohibits the Compliance t@rrier from becoming involved. If a referee has dealt with an incident the CO can't do anything.
Answers please

Hope that helps.

I assume given Dorrans may be struggling we will be appealing for Jack to allow Jack to play on Saturday?

I'm seeing him lifting his foot away and then moving his knee towards Broadfoot.
He pulls his foot away away Broadfoot stand on it. His knee is then raised and the slightest motion of his head as he pushes him.

I await Broadfoot being cited for feigning injury.

I completely agree with points 2 & 3.

However, this is the 3rd time recently that a referee has sent off a Rangers player in these circumstances.

Referee's are supposed to act on what they see. A good referee will deny a penalty because he didn't see it or wasn't certain, same with a red card. A referee who sends a player off (or the 4th Official/Assistant who tells him to send a player off), when there is no contact is a cheat, plain and simple.

They have to be certain that an offence has been committed. When someone rolls around the ground holding their face, they simply cannot send off the opposition player closest to him, on the basis of "I never saw anything, but he must have hit him."

Unfortunately, when it comes to Rangers, that is clearly the attitude that referees have adopted and it is cheating.

I completely agree with points 2 & 3.

However, this is the 3rd time recently that a referee has sent off a Rangers player in these circumstances.

Referee's are supposed to act on what they see. A good referee will deny a penalty because he didn't see it or wasn't certain, same with a red card. A referee who sends a player off (or the 4th Official/Assistant who tells him to send a player off), when there is no contact is a cheat, plain and simple.

They have to be certain that an offence has been committed. When someone rolls around the ground holding their face, they simply cannot send off the opposition player closest to him, on the basis of "I never saw anything, but he must have hit him."

Unfortunately, when it comes to Rangers, that is clearly the attitude that referees have adopted and it is cheating.
Lafferty and Stuart Dougall?

An incident happened right in front of his young pre-pubescent face earlier in the game which would have favoured us (it was only a throw in but still) but he turned a blind eye to then get involved in the last minute when he was easily about 50 yards from the incident. There is no way he could see if Jack connected with that headbutt (i'm still not sure). What is NOT up for debate is he would have seen Broadfoot stamping on Jack 3 or 4 times yet no action was taken.

He looked like and acted like a young Republican Yesser, his performance did nothing to disprove my theory.

Just like Lafferty, Dougall cheated, by acting on something that didn't happen.

He cheated himself, he cheated Mulgrew. He cheated Aberdeen.
50,000 fans in the stadium rose to their feet and roared in the belief there was contact.
Dougall reacted in the same way as 50,000 others.
No way is that cheating.

It is a lot harder when there is an act of deception.

If you have touch-line observers and compliance officers, what's the point of having referrees anymore?

Seriously, it's like decisions are going through a 3 stage process now or something.

What did he wrong?
It was the fourth official.

He is walking towards the incident looking at it as the last few toe-stamps, followed by Jack pulling his leg away and pushing Broadfoot, occurs. He sees exactly what has gone on and he is, by the time of the push, less than 5 metres away. He gets the word from the 4th official - who must be at least 40 metres away - and bows to his opinion rather than having the courage of his own convictions that he, much better placed, had interpreted the incident correctly.

That is what he got wrong. He saw it clearly - why back down to someone less well-placed to judge the incident? As you have said, the 4th official offers 'advice'. It can be rejected.

OTL makes things up.

OTL watched a replay of Morelos being clearly fouled by a lunging tackle in the St Johnstone game but still said the St Johnstone player played the ball.

OTL continued to lie in the face of clear cut video evidence.

OTL then fecked off from the thread after making a kunt of himself once again.

Incidentally, I remember before this game that a lot of us felt that after the previous rotten officiating performance, we'd therefore be seeing some honest, even-handed reffing against Kilmarnock.

How wrong we were.

He is walking towards the incident looking at it as the last few toe-stamps, followed by Jack pulling his leg away and pushing Broadfoot, occurs. He sees exactly what has gone on and he is, by the time of the push, less than 5 metres away. He gets the word from the 4th official - who must be at least 40 metres away - and bows to his opinion rather than having the courage of his own convictions that he, much better placed, had interpreted the incident correctly.

That is what he got wrong. He saw it clearly - why back down to someone less well-placed to judge the incident? As you have said, the 4th official offers 'advice'. It can be rejected.
So a caution for each was the correct decision?

https://mobile.twitter.com/XXIIISport/status/923297874728779777/photo/1

We can go round and round in circles with different angles.
Refs don't have that benefit
No but you can and have.

You made up a story (even after replay) claiming RJ 'raked' big clubfoot to back up your fellow ref`. You sir are a liar and if you are capable, then so are you chums. No more than a cheat.

I`ve tried to give you the benefit in the past but nah, am out with your opinions now.

Back