Jack Simpson leaves for Cardiff City

Wilson has continually done a good job at moving on unwanted players.

In years gone by, we'd have paid off someone like Simpson.

Because Gerrard chased him for what was it 2/3 windows? Was a strange one all round and I don't think completely Wilsons fault this one. No club gets every single signing correct but you can't argue with Wilsons ability to get rid of the mistakes. He even got a fee for that absolute chancer Grezda!
Yeah I think most were Gerrard signing tbh mate, it was a tongue in cheek comment.

He isn't one for ripping up contracts which is a huge step in the right direction.

One last time...
PaLC-1.gif

I remember seeing him for Bournemouth and thinking "this is the worst CH I've ever seen in the EPL".

Then we signed him and I thought well he must have something about him...

My thoughts now - Cardiff's ambitions this season are truly fucked.

Some abuse on here for a guy that done his best, might not have been good enough for us but he can't pull talent from arse.

Good luck to the lad

Glad he’s off the wage bill and stealing a squad number
Watch him go and be their player of the year. Good luck to him though, just one that didn’t work out

"who is actually going to take him"

Said most on here. While Ross just gets on with his job of actually being the DOF.
Is it possible he went on trial at Cardiff so they could take a look at him first? Does that happen with players who are still under contract elsewhere?

Didn’t work out, he is away to try and get 1st team football.
Off our wage bill.
We have received a fee.
Best for everyone - Happy days.

City boss Steve Morison added "Jack's going to bring balance for us in defence.
"He is a fantastic player, with a beautiful left foot.

Wouldn’t be hard to have a “beautiful left foot” when he played like he had 2

I remember seeing him for Bournemouth and thinking "this is the worst CH I've ever seen in the EPL".

Then we signed him and I thought well he must have something about him...

My thoughts now - Cardiff's ambitions this season are truly fucked.
Duffy??

I have to be honest, he was one of the worst.

But if he's gone without sitting out his contract and it benefits us, then its a credit to the lad.

Back