Jack Simpson leaves for Cardiff City

Cardiff were prepared to pay Bournemouth £750k for him in January 21, with just a few months to run on his Bournemouth contract. Though the article describes Simpson as a right-back?:eek: Does leave you wondering if we paid a similar fee to get him in Jan 21 as well.

Last edited:
He lived a dream most of us will never do. Good luck to him in his career just wasn’t at the level to succeed at Rangers.

Would be fcukin hilarious if he rips it up, gets a move and we subsequently find out that the bold Ross had inserted a sell on clause.

And then I woke up and rubbed my eyes...

Anyways, good luck to him.

City boss Steve Morison added "Jack's going to bring balance for us in defence.
"He is a fantastic player, with a beautiful left foot.

Wouldn’t be hard to have a “beautiful left foot” when he played like he had 2

Love it - and ain't it the truth!

Lols when he gets POTS when Cardiff go up - Joe Worral style.
Worrall was a complete bomb scare but at least you could see that there was something there that maybe could be developed or would come good. Simpson? If he didn't have some epl appearances on his CV then his agent would likely be ringing up the likes of hartlepool or leyton orient asking how they're fixed at CB.

yassssssssssss

Getting a fee is crazy, if the entirety of his wages are offloaded too then that's brilliant, I was always thinking we'd have to subsidise some amount of his wages at his next club

great work by Ross Wilson. Good luck to Simpson at his new club, he may perform better in a team with less pressure

Should never have been signed.

Why, he was a low / no fee punt on law wages.

It's very much the sort of singing we should try and if it doesn't work out, it's no great loss.

Fee probably covers his wages over the period.

Maybe the next one will be another Bassey...

It's very much the sort of singing we should try and if it doesn't work out, it's no great loss.

He's weak as piss at tackling & I'd imagine that's always been the case.

You could use that logic to buy literally anyone.

He had a good reputation when he came up here did he not? Can easily go on and have a good career at that level.
He never had the character to play for Rangers. He will be a decent enough championship level player.

It's important you do scouting on a players ability as well as their character to play for us.

He will sit in the stands for fun over there.

Crazy signing that almost everyone knew would fail

Can’t be guys on here said we’d never get shot of him because of the length of his contract bla bla

Good luck to him..

Youve been on here long enough Gramps to know that 99% of guys on here are talking out their arsehole

Fancy him to do well at Cardiff, good move for him.

One of the most puzzling transfers we’ve made in recent years, nearly 26 I think and has played the same number of games as most 19/20 year olds.

Good move for the boy. Hope he does well and puts his nightmare here behind him. There was a player In there, we just couldn’t coax it out of him.

crying-sad.gif

Well said and better than the horrible comments from so called supporters

I've never understood people who rage at the players themselves. He didn't ask us to sign him. There's zero need to be nasty to or about the guy. He's never kicked up a fuss or stirred up trouble for the club or the manager. He's came and tried his best to break into the team in a professional manner. You can't ask for much more than that.

Back