James McClean(Yes him again)

Yet again Spiers has been defending him!

He seems to be McLean's no.1 cheerleader in the media at this time of year.

he has the right to not wear a poppy. because our forefathers fought for freedom and liberty. but if our forefathers did not fight he would not have the freedom he has today. so the abuse he gets from fans of other teams he can not moan about it. he would have no problem wearing a swastika if Germany won the two world wars.

For what it’s worth after serving in HM Forces for 31 years. I don’t want him or his like forced to wear a poppy or stand silent in any tribute, as this is wholly against what all our brave forefathers and my colleagues fought and died for. Let them have their hard fought (by others) right for freedom of expression and of thought and let others judge.

For me a bigger question for WBA and any other club that employs him is his club ethos and fan connection. When a club/team has an ethos then every memember of the team signs up and stands together. The fact that this piece of human excrement cannot do this for me says he cannot be part of that team, he’ll why doesn’t he insist on wearing green an grey stripes and be paid in Irish Euros!

This c@nt McLean is an absolute cert to end up at the piggery
His manager pulis should be hounded from the game and I can only wish the worst for wba whilst the cu,t McLean is with them.
If you don't appreciate what people have sacrificed on your behalf or even acknowledge the significance of the events the fu,k off to your European famine land and stop accepting theQueens pound.
As they say there is no I in team so please someone ask Johnny Evans how the feeling of togetherness is in this squad.
I sincerely hope wba get fu,king relegated asap.

He’s always prattling on about what a big republican he is, he goes out of his way to court controversy.
That fuckin idiot dosnt realise

All these FENNIAN fuckers should know the IRA killed more catholics Than the British Army did in Ireland

Its good that some footballers dont wear it, that way its easier to pick out the mentally challenged rhats in football and the ones best avoided. F*ck them and their rodent kind

Does bringing up the same shit every year not get boring? He won't wear a poppy, he's said why. That won't change. Our forefathers fought for us all to have freedom. He has the right to not wear one. He doesn't make a song and dance about it, everyone else does. It's boring.

Aye! Once a year really is overkill. I can understand why it bores you shitless.

What I can't understand though is why you would want to open the annual thread to bore yourself shitless.

He's doing it purely for attention...It's sad, he's becoming more famous for not wearing a poppy rather than being a footballer.

Last edited:
Scum bag, still happy to accept queen's shilling. Morally empty say everything about his values.

I'm old now. old enough to have sat in in my local British Legion and my Bowling Club with many WWII veterans. They had something about them that I couldn't possibly have, an air, a presence, and I was aware of it continually.

I couldn't put my finger on it but it came to me after speaking to these guys. They did what they thought was right. they did what they thought was their duty and they did it with a huge sacrifice, and to a man thought war was wrong.

When I hear the limp wristed, namby pamby, soft left pouring scorn and ridicule on these guys it makes my blood boil. I really don't care what a revisionary and manipulated history makes of them, they deserve more respect, admiration and thanks than they currently achieve from some.

There is a louche and vapid collection of left wing apologists who see every historical event as something to beat us over the head with.

Their ridicule, their scorn, their outlook on life should be challenged at every turn, they sure as hell wouldn't have the guts to defend it.

This applies particularly to those in the public eye such as James MacLean.

Please excuse my tone, I've been at the malts.

Last edited:
Surprise surprise OTH44 and the other poster who posted similarly both disappeared from my screen?

The scum that is James McClean, likes to make out that's it's all about Londonderry and 14 innocent civilians being killed. He just uses this to try and disguise his utter hatred for our country.

Also, pre-season in the USA 2015 with WBA he disrespected the national anthem and looked away and bowed his head whilst it was played. This was not-poppy related and he was still making a protest against the British national anthem, and Britain itself. He wasn't ask to sing it, he just had to stand there, but instead chose to make a scene. WBA need to start taking a harder stance with him as his employer.

I'm old now. old enough to have sat in in my local British Legion and my Bowling Club with many WWII veterans. They had something about them that I couldn't possibly have, an air, a presence, and I was aware of it continually.

I couldn't put my finger on it but it came to me after speaking to these guys. They did what they thought was right. they did what they thought was their duty and they did it with a huge sacrifice, and to a man thought war was wrong.

When I hear the limp wristed, namby pamby, soft left pouring scorn and ridicule on these guys it makes my blood boil. I really don't care what a revisionary and manipulated history makes of them, they deserve more respect, admiration and thanks than they currently achieve from some.

There is a louche and vapid collection of left wing apologists who see every historical event as something to beat us over the head with.

Their ridicule, their scorn, their outlook on life should be challenged at every turn, they sure as hell wouldn't have the guts to defend it.

This applies particularly to those in the public eye such as James MacLean.

Please excuse my tone, I've been at the malts.
No need to excuse your tone, you have nailed it even with the malts

Couldn’t care less about the prick to be honest.

Same goes for anyone else, shouldn’t be an issue if they don’t wear it, just shows them up for what they are

This idiot gave his point of view regarding wearing the poppy!!!

one We will never agree on, ie us and this walloper!

But then goes and turns his back on the England flag during the national anthem!!!!

Unconnected but both very telling

He tells a story about not wearing the poppy

But turning your back on the flag that pays your wages on a day nothing to do with remembrance??

Why you prick

If he doesn’t want to wear a poppy fair enough.

He should not be considered for the squad, which is also fair enough.

He is able to ply his trade in a democracy because of the sacrifice made by thousands.

These heroes lost their lives to preserve our liberty and way of life.

No marks like McLean are best ignored, but his club should be more proactive.

WATP

Hates the crown, but loves the half crown. Hate the guy and as someone else has posted he's a dead cert to end up at the piggery at some point

JM is a cretin and we all know that. But those brave fallen would give their ultimate sacrifice ad infinitum to save him from tyrrany and his right to freedom of speech. What a paradox. He is best forgotten and the heroes always remembered.

the guys a nonentity, craving publicity amongst the sort of folk that decent Irish people choose to ignore.

Whatever you do don't take this sort of disrespect cloud your vision of the thousands of soldiers across the whole of Ireland who fought for our freedom, some who would be vilified for doing so

the guys a nonentity, craving publicity amongst the sort of folk that decent Irish people choose to ignore.

Whatever you do don't take this sort of disrespect cloud your vision of the thousands of soldiers across the whole of Ireland who fought for our freedom, some who would be vilified for doing so

Well said.

The man has been indoctrinated since birth with a set of beliefs which are at odds with what most of us consider to be right and proper.
The indoctrination means he cannot understand the principle of Remembrance.
The indoctrination means he will use the very freedom granted by the sacrifice of others to refuse to remember them.

Back