James Tavernier

His drive from midfield set up the goal. But he looked like someone playing inside himself and safe until he had that horror cross/shot at back post........did he then find some courage to make up for that terrible play? Like a lot of players looks like they are lazy and not driving hard enough but more likely to be confidence than dressing room being lost to the manager.

6 out of 10 for Tav today he was poor in some respects but did make the pass to Candeias for his goal and he kept slipping especially in the first half but hopefully he's keeping a stunning performance for Moscow.

He's just off form, it happens to the best. How you can ask "what do people see in him" is beyond me. I believe he should maybe be dropped for a game or 2 just to show him he's not invincible, on form he's still one of our best and he will get back to that.
he isnt good enough, if everything is going teams way hes good

when we need him to step up he bottles it

His drive through the middle brought aboutthe first goal.

Something that has been missing for the last few games

Otherwise he was defensively untroubled

Other than poor delivery and a spell where Edwards beat him twice (he slipped once) he done nothing wrong.

Our right full back is making a run back stick that our attackers should be when Candeias sticks it top bin.

He is a weak link and has been for a while why do you think in the bigger games teams target him.

Nonsense. He's an attacking full back, you'll find most modern full backs are weaker defensively than days gone by.

If Tav could defend, he'd by playing at the top end of the EPL.

Also, he's no worse defensively than Flanagan, Wallace, etc

Panicked in the semi final and instead of clearing the Ball concedes a needless corner that they score from.
Better players than Tavernier have made bigger mistakes than this.
He’s been one of our best players this season.

Nonsense. He's an attacking full back, you'll find most modern full backs are weaker defensively than days gone by.

If Tav could defend, he'd by playing at the top end of the EPL.

Also, he's no worse defensively than Flanagan, Wallace, etc

This modern day fullback nonesense is bollocks he consistently causes goals and doesn’t get any better or learn.

Tav is definitely off-form. Maybe needs a wee spell on the bench. He wasted more balls (set pieces mainly) than a city centre hooker. I'm not questioning his commitment but he defo needs to give himself a shake.

Even when he’s poor he can step up and provide a crucial assist. It’s been said countless times but I don’t think people will realise just how important he is to our attacking play until he leaves.

Better players than Tavernier have made bigger mistakes than this.
He’s been one of our best players this season.

Caused us to drop points at Motherwell also partly at fault against the opener at Aberdeen I could delve into past seasons but you already know.

The fact he is continually targeted in the big games says it all.

Caused us to drop points at Motherwell also partly at fault against the opener at Aberdeen I could delve into past seasons but you already know.

The fact he is continually targeted in the big games says it all.
It’s easy to point to mistakes isn’t it.
Like I posted earlier, better than him have played an doneca lot worse.
Consider that he is the top ranked cup back in the EL at this stage.
Does this not tell you something?

That’s 4 really poor games in a row for him now. He’s one of few who’s played almost every single game. Think he needs a rest as well as a reminder there’s someone to take his place if he’s not playing well. I’d play McCrorie at RB against Spartak.

I’m not going to lie I was going off my head at him so often watching that today. The thing about being captain means more is expected of you and when we underperform and he has a terrible game individually he needs to expect criticism.

I also think a big part of why we've been so poor recently is due to Tavernier's form. When he is on his game we are a much better team and the is a massive part of how we play.

Back