James Tavernier

Another poor game for him

Not good enough and never a Rangers captain

He has one good game in like 10 games

What do people see in him

Why did we keep him this summer and people on here seem to think we can get 10m-15m for him when west brom wanted him

Fair play to you sir if that is your opinion. Everyone has the right to say it as they see it.

I recently criticised Ryan Kent on here as I honestly believe he flatters to decieve. Despite being a Rangers supporter for over 60 (Sixty) years I was accused of knowing nothing about the Rangers and even being a Timposter.

We are all entitled to our opinion and this should be the forum where we are entitled to express it without being verbally abused.

Good luck to you and keep saying it as you see it.

Steven Davis for a start know he doesnt play in his position but use the money from Tav to bring in experienced players who have won leagues...............Will get back to you when i see how much we sell him for
To bring the type of players you're describing would probably cost more than we'd get for Tavernier, so you can bring your head out of your arse any time you like, successful players don't move for buttons and that includes the transfer fee, wages and length of contract. You're living in a fantasy, let Gerrard get on with the rebuilding of the club, he's been at Ibrox just under 5 months ffs, he sees Tav as the club captain and tbh while he's made mistakes he knows his pathway to success and the club finances far better than you or me.

To bring the type of players you're describing would probably cost more than we'd get for Tavernier, so you can bring your head out of your arse any time you like, successful players don't move for buttons and that includes the transfer fee, wages and length of contract. You're living in a fantasy, let Gerrard get on with the rebuilding of the club, he's been at Ibrox just under 5 months ffs, he sees Tav as the club captain and tbh while he's made mistakes he knows his pathway to success and the club finances far better than you or me.
Time will tell mate time will tell........... Gerrard expects a certain type of player a type of player like him, a match winner, a leader, he will get his players in time he aint got them yet part from a select few who have stepped up Tav aint one of them.

Sell him and bring in a Captain that knows how to win games inspire the team and win Trophies its that simple.............
^^^^^ I just had to bump this thread for this guy's input about Tavernier, last week it was sell Tav because he was average and never a captain, this week it's play Tav further forward, make your mind up, do we sell him or keep him.

^^^^^ I just had to bump this thread for this guy's input about Tavernier, last week it was sell Tav because he was average and never a captain, this week it's play Tav further forward, make your mind up, do we sell him or keep him.
in 2 minds he is great dont get me wrong he scores he assists he's fit but we could get good money for him compared to other players but i would keep him now as he is improving ...........He just isnt Captain material for me like i said on other post my idea of a captain is Gerrard or Keane a hard man who can lift entire teams. Tav aint there yet but not to say he cant be there in time just dont see it IMO even Mcauley looked more captain like in the 10 mins he played thats my standard of captain.

Play the best full back in the league at right wing and drop a guy who has had one start and scored two goals?

This place is mental.

Steven Davis for a start know he doesnt play in his position but use the money from Tav to bring in experienced players who have won leagues...............Will get back to you when i see how much we sell him for

So...you want to sell one of our best players who is currently in his prime, to bring back a 33/34 year old former player who has been plagued with injuries in recent years? Brilliant.

He is a good attacking full back and a poor defender. I think he deserves his place in the team, however he is not captain material, Goldson should be captain IMO.

Ok well I think Gerrard knows a bit more about what captain material looks like than you or me.

So...you want to sell one of our best players who is currently in his prime, to bring back a 33/34 year old former player who has been plagued with injuries in recent years? Brilliant.

Ok well I think Gerrard knows a bit more about what captain material looks like than you or me.
Yup sure does :) give it another bad game for Tav and he will be hung out to dry on here

FF is mental with both Tav and Candeias.

One minute they are going to take us to 55, the next minute they are hopeless.

I think both are good - but far from great.

Tav has his limitations as a defender but earns us more points with his attacking play than he costs us with his defensive limitations - and that’s something I’m happy to live with.

Candeias is a hard working player but I think we need to upgrade him as head for #55. He’d be a very useful squad player though. But for the here and now - he’s a first pick imo.

It was you that hung him out to dry on this thread, mate. Now you say you're in two minds about him, i take it consistency isn't your strong point either.
never hung him out to dry at all..............Great player going forward, scores goals, assists, mediocre defender who has for a while now been inconsistent and slated for this fact alone from many others who have eyes and for me and only my own opinion as we are allowed them he isnt Captain choice for me...........End of thread sure thats what i said about Captain :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have to laugh at the Tav is a poor defender comments.

He wins 9 out of 10 of the tussles for the ball when it comes to chasing and strength. He is rarely out muscled
He wins his fair share of headers/clearances at corners or free kicks
He puts in his fair share of blocks in the box
He puts in more than his fair share of last ditch clearances in the penalty area.
He stops attacks before they they get anywhere near our penalty box because he breaks up play or wins the ball further up the pitch.

never hung him out to dry at all..............Great player going forward, scores goals, assists, mediocre defender who has for a while now been inconsistent and slated for this fact alone from many others who have eyes and for me and only my own opinion as we are allowed them he isnt Captain choice for me...........End of thread sure thats what i said about Captain :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I wouldn’t say he’s mediocre.

Mediocre is when we had guys like Sebastian faure and cribari in our defence

I have to laugh at the Tav is a poor defender comments.

He wins 9 out of 10 of the tussles for the ball when it comes to chasing and strength. He is rarely out muscled
He wins his fair share of headers/clearances at corners or free kicks
He puts in his fair share of blocks in the box
He puts in more than his fair share of last ditch clearances in the penalty area.
He stops attacks before they they get anywhere near our penalty box because he breaks up play or wins the ball further up the pitch.
Motherwell 2nd and 3rd goals? Livingston game the defending there was shocking and you could maybe go as far and say Spartak's first goal but some would argue that it was Candias at fault which to be fair kinda was ....... He does make mistakes not all lead to goal but only mistakes he has been making are defensive ones and his crossing has been bit poor all improving tho so Tav could still smash player of the year if he keeps improving :cool:

His defending was Mediocre and i say WAS because like i have been saying this side of him is improving which is good to see
Your post previous to this you stated he’s a mediocre defender. Now your saying his defending was mediocre.

I don’t think you even know how you rate tav if I’m honest

Sell him and bring in a Captain that knows how to win games inspire the team and win Trophies its that simple.............

Aww has he won trophies?? Does he inspire the team?? he is an ok player dont get me wrong average player at best but he does not have the attributes that of a Captain of Rangers should have and he would bring us in a good bit of money which could be used on a far superior player Simples. Think most would agree we need to Speculate to accumulate.............
Wanting to sell our captain because you believe we can get a superior player while Tav is doing a decent job is 'hanging him out to dry' imo.

Wanting to sell our captain because you believe we can get a superior player while Tav is doing a decent job is 'hanging him out to dry' imo.
Well you are entitled to your opinion. But again read what i said correctly.............Selling him would be good for business and again to me he isnt the Captain that i would expect for Rangers. When you see past ones he aint same

FF is mental with both Tav and Candeias.

One minute they are going to take us to 55, the next minute they are hopeless.

I think both are good - but far from great.

Tav has his limitations as a defender but earns us more points with his attacking play than he costs us with his defensive limitations - and that’s something I’m happy to live with.

Candeias is a hard working player but I think we need to upgrade him as head for #55. He’d be a very useful squad player though. But for the here and now - he’s a first pick imo.

Balanced assessment RFC.

Motherwell 2nd and 3rd goals? Livingston game the defending there was shocking and you could maybe go as far and say Spartak's first goal but some would argue that it was Candias at fault which to be fair kinda was ....... He does make mistakes not all lead to goal but only mistakes he has been making are defensive ones and his crossing has been bit poor all improving tho so Tav could still smash player of the year if he keeps improving :cool:

He is a defender mate - every goal scored against us you can point the finger at a defender for something he should have done different. Whether it be Tav, Gough, Butcher, Roberto Carlos, Baresi or Maldini there has been times when something different would have prevented a goal.

Tavernier crossing from open play is as good as anyone in the league - backed up by the number of assists he has. His dead ball crossing is not up to much agreed but that is not a defensive frailty.

We can all bitch about specific errors but they are blown away by the positive to Tav's game

He has improved massively for me over the past few months ,he’s developing under the management team .

He’s our captain
He takes our penalties ..and doesn’t miss
He delivers great crosses
He scores free kicks
He has a great link up with Candeias
He has frightening pace
He is improving defensively

If anyone wants to buy our captain I suggest they start at £8m before we even put the kettle on .

He has improved massively for me over the past few months ,he’s developing under the management team .

He’s our captain
He takes our penalties ..and doesn’t miss
He delivers great crosses
He scores free kicks
He has a great link up with Candeias
He has frightening pace
He is improving defensively

If anyone wants to buy our captain I suggest they start at £8m before we even put the kettle on .

Really good post mate.

How many goals has he scored how many has he layed on . No fullback in Britain got his record at the moment. Yes better defenders but in today’s game it’s just as important going forward as defending.
Not a better right fullback in Scotland at the moment. On the defending our midfield should be filling for him when he goes forward not always his fault.

Back