World Cup 2022 Japan v Costa Rica, Spain v Germany, Belgium v Morocco, Croatia v Canada - Sunday 27th

Anyone think Croatia vs Canada will be anything other than shite?

I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Great point.

Look back at Italy’s group in 82 and England’s in 86. Hunners of 0-0 dross.

It’s the final group games and the KOs that make a tournament.

Those were my first WCs as a kid, so I’m nostalgic about them But you’re right - even in those there were poor games.

Anyone think Croatia vs Canada will be anything other than shite?

I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Seemingly the Canada manager has wound the Croatians right up with his post-match comments the other night.

Hopefully it'll inject a bit of needle into the game at least.

Maybe surprise you, Morroco showed you why, these nations are catching up and making it a very interesting World Cup.
Was Morocco pumping Scotland 3-0 in 98 a big shock? I remember the game vaguely but not the context around it. If you look at the squads now it’s clear who has the better players.

saying what?

Paraphrasing, but he said after the disappointment of the Belgian game that Canada will just go and ‘F’ Croatia.

The stupid part is that apparently he said it privately to the team in the post game huddle, but then went ahead and repeated what he said in his own post game interviews. Pretty stupid to be honest but there you go.

Jenas is a terrible co-commentator, but he was right when he said all Belgium are doing is playing their positions, nobody is making any runs and there's no energy or drive. A woeful performance.

Maybe KDB was right about Belgium being too old to win the WC and the rest of the team now agree?

The top players are playing far too many games these days with the greed of the organisations running club and international football.

Between these players, they are involved in long european competitions and as they are the better players they now have to take part in in all sorts of international competition. That's before we even get to their domestic football.

The future will need to be a continual arrangement of youth coming through along with experience and keep it on a cycle. France and England seem to be on this course, others will follow. Easier for the ones with the bigger recourses.

Was Morocco pumping Scotland 3-0 in 98 a big shock? I remember the game vaguely but not the context around it. If you look at the squads now it’s clear who has the better players.
I think most Scotland fans thought we’d get a narrow win, but given past WC disasters, also knew it could easily end badly. Though not 0-3 badly!

Just my opinion, along with a few million Croatians :). when in front of the cameras, “beat” is acceptable, “f” is not.
I like John Herdman, he’s done fantastic for the game in Canada. Should perhaps not used the F word.
One of the tabloids in Croatia that made the headlines, posted a pic supposedly of him naked with a maple leaf covering his bits saying “ You have the mouth, but do you have the Balls” If Canada win today he should pull them out in the post match press conference :)):)):))

Last edited:
I like John Herdman, he’s done fantastic for the game in Canada. Should perhaps not used the F word.
One of the tabloids in Croatia that made the headlines, posted a pic supposedly with him naked with a maple leaf covering his bits saying “ You have the mouth, but do you have the Balls” If Canada win today he should pull them out in the post match press conference :)):)):))
Is he a Geordie? Seems to have a Geordie twang to his voice?

Back