Jason Leitch fears restrictions will last longer.

Yes it’s sturgeon’s shit show but the ultimate responsibility lies with the absolute cretins, including some rangers supporters, who vote for the nationalists. The stupidity of many gullible Scots is breathtaking. As usual the seperatists on here will nip in and then dash off and hide . I hate what they have done to our country

Only in Scotland could a dentist with zero virological or epidemiological experience lead the dumbest most corrupt government in deciding policy on a world wide viral epidemic

The blind leading the blind

I’m convinced he’s personally prolonging the situation as much as he can so he can fill out his media appearances CV.

Why does this prick have a standing appointment on a “football” radio show and why does he have to personally appear in every single ad campaign on TV?

Loves himself a little bit clearly.

Utter bullshit and hell mend the other teams in the league for enabling this nonsense by participating in bringing the winter break forward. They cooperated with the government's restrictions when they should have been standing firm and resisting. Scottish football should have told the Scottish government in no uncertain terms that there will be fans in stadiums, just like in England.

My take on the 500 number is that she wanted that and he has to defend it. This was a political decision, there was no way she could shut down hospitality and still have 50k in football grounds. As always, its the organ grinder that is at fault here.
500 was to make a point and play politics

What’s the point in the boosters then? Last I seen, Scotland was on track to be around 80% of adults double jabbed and also a booster. So are they admitting they’re pointless?

He admitted that the 500 wasn't based on science.

Which means either he advised differently and Sturgeon ignored him or he give Sturgeon a number that he knew she'd be happy with.

Either way he has absolutely no credibility. Either politicians are ignoring him and making shit up or he's ignoring the science to please politicians with the answers they want. That makes his position impossible in a normal world.
He's absolutely loved on BBC Radio 4's Today programme. They'll no doubt have him on tomorrow at Five, so Evan Davis can gawp like a wee schoolgirl as the professor spouts his pish. He sure as hell won't be asked about the 500 and the "science" behind it.

I'm fairly clever guy but cannot fathom their constant 45% support.... absolutely no succcess, and vast sums wasted or vanished.
We now live in uniquely flawed democracy, where about a third of the electorate are simply not interested in the day to day aspects of life and the politics surrounding them and are totally fixated on the fantasy of recreating a medieval fantasy.

There's your answer, unfortunately.

The thing that boils me the most is there’s not a thing we can do about it , if your a gig goer , a clubber or sports fan you’ve been restricted no one else has , Rangers should already be exploiting avenues to get our missed game money back from the government , our club thinks a virtual season ticket is the same as being there though

Trying to act shocked at this. Wouldn’t be surprised for us not to see a game live for remainder of season.

Better not be closed doors as there is absolutely no need for it. This virus is very tame at worst. I tested positive yesterday, felt rough last night and I'm now fine. We cannot let these politicians control our lives anymore, it's getting beyond a joke now. Once this variant slows down, then that's it, we must get on with our lives, enough is enough with this bull****!

Interesting. Now just suppose the restriction lasts until mid-Feb or beyond. European games off, backlog of domestic games (no possibility of rearranging any more games according to Doncaster). Where does that leave us? Call me Mr Cynical, but I’d put money on the league not being awarded to us like it was to the Jungles.

But follow this to its logical conclusion. Surely entry to next season’s Champions League would go to the team at the top of the league when it was suspended. Cue meltdown of epic proportion!
They can null and void it all they want. We still get the CL place as last season's Champions.

Another stitch up in this shithole of a country

Football is being manipulated to suit one Paedo team and it’s now clear the cunts at Scot Govt are now involved in the conspiracy and yes it’s a conspiracy to help the Bheasts

Rangers should have called this shit out days ago and asked what guarantees were being offered for a 3 week delay

The answer is zero

Yet our board sat back and said nothing

We all knew a 3 week delay was a smokescreen to let the scums hammy victims recover and rearrange the fixture list

Scottish football is corrupt and so is the Scottish Govt

We joke about it on here but Scotland really has turned into North Korea.
There are 34 poor people throughout Scotland's hospitals in intensive care. As much as i sympathise with them its hardly bodies piled up on the streets. These buffoons need to be reeled in.
The vaccine has stopped the kind of hospitalisations and deaths we saw back in the pre-vaccine days.

We were always told the vaccine was our “best way out of this”.

And it is. But it’s as if the politicians and the Jason Leitches of the world just don’t want to believe it. They’re too Eeyorish to realise that the pandemic is drawing to a close, and that life is thankfully returning to normal (if they would just allow it to).

Call me cynical, but it’s almost as if Covid has been a convenient distraction for Sturgeon.

Once the WHO declares the pandemic over and life gets back to normal, people will start to scrutinise the Scottish government over our failing schools and public services, and her rabid party members will demand a second referendum she cannot deliver. Covid has been great at putting these on the back burner.

If Covid had never happened, the SNP would have grown tired of Sturgeon and forced her out by now. I am 100% convinced of that.

Only in Scotland could a dentist with zero virological or epidemiological experience lead the dumbest most corrupt government in deciding policy on a world wide viral epidemic

The blind leading the blind
Celtic will be more than happy to play bcd once they are free of injuries. The official line will be ‘ we tried everything we could but the season must go on’
That wasn’t the case last year

Wee Nippy apparently announcing further changes tomorrow. Whit the fukc are we getting next. I wish more data is available soon on the Omnicron cold and let us get on with it

I live down south now so not really experienced much of Jason Leitch but I heard him on radio 4 a few days ago and I felt he came across really badly - loud, really loud and both arrogant and condescending.
An arrogant blowhard.

Back