Joe Worral blotto

You aren't blind, you can clearly see he has had more than a few units of booze. He's steaming and to say otherwise is frankly stupid.

So how many drinks has he had then? Since you were clearly watching him all night.

Already been said, Id imagine Goldson’s alcohol intake is very low due to his profession and condition, so literally 2 or 3 drinks can make a person like that drunk.

What isn't clear is your presumption of personal advice of advice given and taken or not nor what you have deciphered from that clip which may by all intents and purposes a one-off.

mate, one-off or not he still shouldn't be as drunk as he is on the video with his heart problem.

So how many drinks has he had then? Since you were clearly watching him all night.

Already been said, Id imagine Goldson’s alcohol intake is very low due to his profession and condition, so literally 2 or 3 drinks can make a person like that drunk.

If you think in that video he has only drunk 2-3 drinks then I have some magic beans to sell you.

He clearly isn't listening to the advice as he shouldn't be as drunk as he is in the video with his heart problem

New guidance published in January 2016 by the UK Chief Medical Officers says that both men and women are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week, to keep health risks from drinking alcohol to a low level, and that if you do drink as much as 14 units per week, it is best to spread this evenly over 3 days or more.

He obviously has drunk more than a few units of booze as it states, those with heart problems shouldn't drink more than 14 units a week. He looks like he has drunk more than that on 1 night

Jesus Christ are you Mary Whitehouse ?

To generalise this a little, people recovering from things can have variances, personal to them, from standard advice, which will involve diet and lifestyle.

But booze advice is the same for all with heart conditions and especially one that to quote Goldson himself had surgery for a life-threatening heart condition.

Agree that this. Giving them the benefit of the doubt these sportsmen are very very unlikely to have a regular drink like normal punters. And we all see how it affects people who don't regularly drink or haven't had a drink in a good while. The tipping point for them getting steaming is probably very small and if they can't do it together at an awards night when they have no game for a while when can they do it.

The posting of the clip on social media is another matter and I'd sack the player

Agree I’d sack birch for acting like a Sunday league player and filming it . Small time clown who knew what he was doing.

But booze advice is the same for all with heart conditions and especially one that to quote Goldson himself had surgery for a life-threatening heart condition.
In any case though there could be a variance in advice, personal to any particular person . Not everyone has the same recovery and so on, nor the same lifestyle. There would be many factors that play a part, possibly.

In any case though there could be a variance in advice, personal to a particular patient. Not everyone has the same recovery and so on, nor the same lifestyle. There would be many factors that play a part, possibly.

the advice for all even without serious heart issues is don't drink more than 14 units a week mate and that is meant to be spread over a few days

Fact is that a professional athlete shouldn't be in that nick, severely impairing his liver and the ability for his body to recover from training for the next 10-14 days.

I get the need to let off steam, but this place has been full of comment about him looking burnt out.

What a thread. The players ended up blootered after their own POTY awards.

So %^*&.

You been consistently critical of the season and are wanting the manager sacked. But players getting hammered during the season is fine?

Maybe that attitude has contributed to some of the performances. And to re-iterate, the players have the time off...because we lost at home in the Cup to Aberdeen.

Agree I’d sack birch for acting like a Sunday league player and filming it . Small time clown who knew what he was doing.

Filming and sharing of things like this with friends/colleagues/teammates is one thing......

But there has to be questions asked of where this is being sourced. That's Andy Firth's social media but someone is filming it/copying it/forwarding it on and it's coming out via scum twitter accounts. Its probably one of the players rattling a mhank supporting boot and they aren't aware she's sharing it to Rangers hating scum.

The management have to lay down the law on sharing of anything on social media which could bring the club into disrepute - even in what they believe is closed off or private groups.

Yes they should be allowed a private and social life and to let their hair down when they have time off. All for it in the old "team that drinks together wins together spirit", but the reality is they have obligations as public/celebrity figures to avoid anything that could damage the club's reputation. We all love a Struth quote about standards, etc but even putting that to one side, this is grown men acting like complete drongos and it is embarrassing for them personally and for everyone associated with the club.

Because they are professional sportsmen and should be looking after their bodies. Why someone with a heart problem as Goldson has, is drinking so much is showing him up as an idiot who is harming his heart.

The name Holiday Heart Syndrome was coined in 1978 but it is misleading. People who have it certainly won’t be having a leisurely time. In fact, they might feel like they are having a heart attack which classically causes severe pain in the centre of the chest. It gets its name because cases of the condition tend to increase around holiday times or after weekends when people tend to drink more.

Holiday Heart Syndrome tends to come on after episodes of heavy drinking – usually at least 15 units (about seven and a half pints of 4% beer or one and a half bottles of 13% wine) in a 24 hour period. If this happens, your heart starts to beat irregularly making you feel breathless. Your blood pressure changes, increasing your risk of a heart attack and sudden death.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcoho...f-alcohol/diseases/alcohol-and-heart-disease/
What about the rest of them then?

So you’re saying they can’t get drunk just because they’re sportsmen? Just because of that?
There’s no games for a few weeks so they’re entitled to have a night out If they’re allowed to,
Maybe your alcohol and medical expertise (no google) can tell us when the alcohol will leave there bodies,
Will it affect our next game?

You’ve having a mare here.

How many cigarettes did Albertz smoke? ( hammer time)

Almost surprised no one is worried about whether big Joe has been up the clinic yet

So you’re saying they can’t get drunk just because they’re sportsmen? Just because of that?
There’s no games for a few weeks so they’re entitled to have a night out If they’re allowed to,
Maybe your alcohol and medical expertise (no google) can tell us when the alcohol will leave there bodies,

The hammer didn't have a life threatening heart condition. I shall say this again for you, its advised by health professionals that nobody should be drinking more than 14 units a week and that is meant to spread out over a few days. This advice has clearly not been taken by Goldson.

Booze has a major impact on a heart problem for those that have such a condition

Again , I am not having " a mare", I'm posting information available on all sites that give information on the heart and drinking booze. I shall add in that I don't want our players to be behaving like that and especially not on a video posted on social media as they are meant to be sportsmen and as yet have won nothing of merit.

Maybe save their celebrations for when we achieve something

The hammer didn't have a life threatening heart condition. I shall say this again for you, its advised by health professionals that nobody should be drinking more than 14 units a week and that is meant to spread out over a few days. This advice has clearly not been taken by Goldson.

Booze has a major impact on a heart problem for those that have such a condition

Again , I am not having " a mare", I'm posting information available on all sites that give information on the heart and drinking booze. I shall add in that I don't want our players to be behaving like that and especially not on a video posted on social media as they are meant to be sportsmen and as yet have won nothing of merit.

Maybe save their celebrations for when we achieve something

So now you’re saying they can’t get drunk cause they haven’t won anything?
Because theyre sportsmen they can’t get drunk?
They’re over the legal age to drink and they’re drinking responsibly
It’s not Cuba or North Korea ffs

It isn't clear at all. He leans over, smiles and says Fuck Celtic while giving the camera the finger.

Unless there's a built-in breathalyser in the camera then you have no idea how much he's had to drink.

You can have an opinion on how much you think he's had to drink, but that's all it is - your opinion. And we know what they say about opinions, right..?

It isn't clear at all. He leans over, smiles and says Fuck Celtic while giving the camera the finger.

Unless there's a built-in breathalyser in the camera then you have no idea how much he's had to drink.

You can have an opinion on how much you think he's had to drink, but that's all it is - your opinion. And we know what they say about opinions, right..?

We are talking about different players In the video, I am talking about Goldson.

Last edited:
So now you’re saying they can’t get drunk cause they haven’t won anything?
Because theyre sportsmen they can’t get drunk?
They’re over the legal age to drink and they’re drinking responsibly
It’s not Cuba or North Korea ffs
That video might be the image you want the players to portray for our club but i'd like to we are above that.

Albertz signed for us 23 years ago this summer :confused:

Football was almost a different game then in terms of fitness and conditioning. Even Zidane and Berbatov were regular (in Berbatovs case a 40 day man) smokers in more recent times but things have changed immeasurably in this aspect and you only have to look at how much sharper and professional under Rodgers the bheggars were compared to previous managers the importance of having it right fitness and health wise is. Pains me to say it but that fkwit Brown is the perfect example of how they upped their game on that front

It’s expected for players to unwind but they only have a short-ish career and can get slaughtered good and proper once they’ve retired. Not saying our current crop should live like monks but they should be careful. And we can’t argue that our fitness levels haven’t improved under the current regime so we’re on the right path

He clearly isn't listening to the advice as he shouldn't be as drunk as he is in the video with his heart problem

New guidance published in January 2016 by the UK Chief Medical Officers says that both men and women are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week, to keep health risks from drinking alcohol to a low level, and that if you do drink as much as 14 units per week, it is best to spread this evenly over 3 days or more.

He obviously has drunk more than a few units of booze as it states, those with heart problems shouldn't drink more than 14 units a week. He looks like he has drunk more than that on 1 night
Without risking a ban please shut the %^*& up

One night out with near enough 2 weeks before their next game, ONE night out, and there are cunts greeting saying footballers shouldn't get in that state hahaha. I suppose yous think they aren't allowed a single takeaway either then during those two weeks, f*ck they shouldn't be allowed to breathe in the car park in-case they breathe in a motors fumes, get a grip fs

What a sad sad thread.

No nudies of the wee skanky cow but loads of holy folk on here creaming their pants.

I don't think the players should be drinking until the end of the season but it's not the end of the world.

I love @Hammer Time fancy a pint in town mate or you on Guinness clear.

AuR6z.gif

Steven Gerrard read the riot act to Joe Worrall over his “F*** Celtic” blast and vowed to hammer his players in future if they disrespect the club.

The Nottingham Forest loanee was filmed on social media following the Rangers Player of the Year awards night this month.

Another clip then emerged of boozed-up players – including Allan McGregor, Jon Flanagan and Connor Goldson - following the bash in Glasgow.

Gerrard insists he wants his players to be able to enjoy themselves when they are given time off but admitted they must act in the right manner.

Speaking about the footage of some of his players he said: “I have seen it and I have spoken to the players about it.

“We will deal with that internally but I have made it quite clear I was unhappy about it and the conduct.

“Hopefully after the words said to the players, situations like that won’t happen again. If they do, players will be severely punished for it.

“Look, at a players awards night, especially with the time off we gave them after it, the players are entitled to enjoy themselves, have a good night and be in the company of the supporters who were excellent on the night.

“I am not one of these managers who wants them live indoors and not come out. We give them the respect they deserve and we expect the same respect back. They have to take responsibility for their own behaviour on a night out. That’s it.”

Gerrard takes his side to Tynecastle for Saturday’s lunchtime kick off knowing they must make it four wins out of four against Hearts to deny Celtic the chance of clinching eight-in-a-row at Easter Road tomorrow.

And the Ibrox boss, who is without the suspended Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent but has Borna Barisic fit again, said: “All we can do is win as many games as we can between now and the end of the season. That starts with Hearts.”

Steven Gerrard read the riot act to Joe Worrall over his “F*** Celtic” blast and vowed to hammer his players in future if they disrespect the club.

The Nottingham Forest loanee was filmed on social media following the Rangers Player of the Year awards night this month.

Another clip then emerged of boozed-up players – including Allan McGregor, Jon Flanagan and Connor Goldson - following the bash in Glasgow.

Gerrard insists he wants his players to be able to enjoy themselves when they are given time off but admitted they must act in the right manner.

Speaking about the footage of some of his players he said: “I have seen it and I have spoken to the players about it.

“We will deal with that internally but I have made it quite clear I was unhappy about it and the conduct.

“Hopefully after the words said to the players, situations like that won’t happen again. If they do, players will be severely punished for it.

“Look, at a players awards night, especially with the time off we gave them after it, the players are entitled to enjoy themselves, have a good night and be in the company of the supporters who were excellent on the night.

“I am not one of these managers who wants them live indoors and not come out. We give them the respect they deserve and we expect the same respect back. They have to take responsibility for their own behaviour on a night out. That’s it.”

Gerrard takes his side to Tynecastle for Saturday’s lunchtime kick off knowing they must make it four wins out of four against Hearts to deny Celtic the chance of clinching eight-in-a-row at Easter Road tomorrow.

And the Ibrox boss, who is without the suspended Alfredo Morelos and Ryan Kent but has Borna Barisic fit again, said: “All we can do is win as many games as we can between now and the end of the season. That starts with Hearts.”

Quite right, and very at odds at some posters who were condoning it this time last week.

I think that’s fair enough from the gaffer.

The players just have to be that more savvy nowadays due to the increase in mobile phones and the absolute weirdos who are adamant in filming everything that happens on nights out.

It was disappointing to see Andy Firth videoing some of the players, it’s fair enough from a lassie wanting her hole off Worrall but Firth was basically setting his team mates up for a rollicking by putting that video up.

Hopefully it’s a lesson learned for Firth and the other players.

Nothing wrong with having a night out and few drinks but steer clear of cameras.

He says what you would expect.

Punished, if done again.

He probably had already moved on before he had to comment.

Back