Joe Worral blotto

No problem at all with the player getting completely wrecked, it has been a long season with 2 games most week and if anything it will build the team bond.

Firth will probably be moved on in the summer as quietly as he was brought in

I might be out of order and in the minority but I dont find those videos funny its not a state supposed athletes should be getting themselves into especially off the back of achieving absolutely FA again and what that numpty 4th choice GK thinks there is to be gained from those videos beggars belief .
Mate they’ve just had a hardcore season get off their back fs

It is a totally different game now. You think Xhaka, Aubameyang, Bellerin, Lacazette and Ozil have a Tuesday Club?

C’mon man, you can’t liken Worrall, Goldson and McGregor to Lacazette and Ozil.

Besides, let’s not act like premiership players don’t drink too - Danny drinkwater only last week got done for drink driving!

Difference is they won trophies and loads of them..

So, because they won trophies they’re allowed to get drunk?

Because the current crop haven’t, they’re not?

Doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. It’s just further evidence of faux offence and selective criticism!

No problem with them getting drunk and partying at their awards do although Shagger looks like needs to learn when enough is enough. Just...why post the videos...It's embarrassing at any age.

Might have thought flanno would have given it up after his past.

C’mon man, you can’t liken Worrall, Goldson and McGregor to Lacazette and Ozil.

Besides, let’s not act like premiership players don’t drink too - Danny drinkwater only last week got done for drink driving!

I’m not, but you’re comparing those Arsenal players to the likes of Parlour, Adams etc.

Football has changed a lot since the 90s of Goram et al.

I've no issue with players getting blitzed - preferably not too often - but it will always be an issue when the so called press / media get a hold of it
You know they'll make a meal of anything - even if it's nothing - you know big bad Rangers will be the default headline & quite frankly we never seem to learn
Nowadays social media gives opportunities for this style of reporting an extra boost that wasn't there before - meaning we need to be even more vigillant about these things
This looks like a silly mistake - but regrettably that's exactly what the media thrive on

I’m not, but you’re comparing those Arsenal players to the likes of Parlour, Adams etc.

Football has changed a lot since the 90s of Goram et al.

Footballers still get drunk, just like in the 90’s. We just have idiots videoing it these days. That’s the real scandal here, not boys letting their hair down.

Because they’re footballers, doesn’t mean they can’t be human.

Worrall clearly not happy about it getting out.

He DM’d someone I know on Twitter asking them to take it down and saying it doesn’t look good on the players.

Footballers still get drunk, just like in the 90’s. We just have idiots videoing it these days. That’s the real scandal here, not boys letting their hair down.

Because they’re footballers, doesn’t mean they can’t be human.

Agree totally. When it is appropriate, like it was.

But the comparisons to the NIAR are a bit of a stretch. If they carried on like that these days, we wouldn’t be pleased.

I was in the same company as the players Sunday and they were all absolutely brand new. Couldn’t have had enough time with all the fans and big Katic was even getting the shots in for us in Social.

It’s disappointing to see this video, as the fans all knew not to bother with videos. So for it come from a team mate is terrible.

I might be out of order and in the minority but I dont find those videos funny its not a state supposed athletes should be getting themselves into especially off the back of achieving absolutely FA again and what that numpty 4th choice GK thinks there is to be gained from those videos beggars belief .
Mate, you don’t have a clue what athletes do or get up to,
Do you think the top athletes don’t drink or smoke?
By your logic it shows you’ve no idea.

Firth was a strange signing.

Reeked of Gerrard doing his old pal a favour giving him a deal. He’s signed on till the summer of 2020, so he’ll be here for another year.

The bheggars supporters have a cheek ripping the piss out of McGregor, Worral, Flanagan and co.

They get drunk, go home and either knock the shit out of their missus or jump into bed with their sister whilst their players shout racist remarks or expose themselves.

19th Century Terrorist tramps.

I've done worse on football team nights out so unwilling to be offended.

Well, this is now in the sun so hope this idiot is happy with himself. He should be fined by the club for doing this as he needs to learn that we have enough haters in the media without giving them an open goal to have a pop at us.

I'd add in that after reading this thread from the start and would say that the posters who had a go at the lassie for posting the video where only suggesting the same thing as what's been said about Firth. What happens at our club doos should stay private as the media need to no help from us to attack us or our players.

BLUESGATE Rangers stars McGregor, Worrall and Goldson filmed partying in hilarious clip shared by keeper Firth

The Light Blues idols hit the town after the club's Player of The Year bash last Sunday and defensive duo Worrall and Goldson showed off their dance moves

RANGERS goalie Andy Firth shared a hilarious video of him and his Light Blues team-mates partying after the club’s Player of The Year bash.

The side-splitting Snapchat clip - watched by over 250,000 fans since it emerged on Twitter and Facebook - shows Joe Worrall licking Connor Goldson’s chest as the duo hit a Glasgow nightclub dancefloor.

As the Gers pair showed off their moves to Big Sean’s I Don’t F*** With You, Firth wrote: “Miles. Off. It. Geoff.”

Firth, 22, who joined Steven Gerrard's side in January, then films him and fellow ex-Liverpool star Jon Flanagan downing drinks.

His caption read: “Fat Boy Flan . Up all night.”
Allan McGregor - who had fans in stitches with his ‘blotto’ Rangers TV interview at the glitzy do - also makes an appearance.

The keeper can be heard asking: “Where’s the taxi rank? I want a taxi rank.”
Firth wrote on Snapchat: “Mon you weeeee dafty .”

As pal McGregor gets closer to the camera, he laughs: “Come on dafty! Dafty! Come on dafty!”

Ex-Scotland No1 Greegsy picked up the John Greig Achievement Award at the Gers bash.
Alfredo Morelos took home the Player of the Year and Players’ and Player of the Year gongs.
El Buffalo also netted the Top Goalscorer award.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...mcgregor-firth-worrall-goldson-snapchat-club/

I think it’s fair and rational to say our players should be allowed to get on it if they want, on a one off occasion like POTY. But the videos should not be getting out, it’s rather unprofessional. They are very well remunerated for their efforts so I’d expect a bit more respect for the club than they’ve shown. But none the less, let’s just forget about it.

I think it’s fair and rational to say our players should be allowed to get on it if they want, on a one off occasion like POTY. But the videos should not be getting out, it’s rather unprofessional. They are very well remunerated for their efforts so I’d expect a bit more respect for the club than they’ve shown. But none the less, let’s just forget about it.

It is a players night out but they are also meant to be professional footballers and shouldn't be getting as steaming as that and Firth should not be putting it out on social media as it makes the players featured look stupid.

Reactions: dmg
Absolutely nothing wrong with the players getting drunk but Andy Firth is a fucking idiot uploading that to Snapchat.

Just screams of a guy who’s never been at a big club thinking that’s acceptable.

Correct mate acting like a Sunday league player if you were a player in that dressing room you'd be pulling him up about the next time your in training stuff like that can get people in bother ( the burd holding McGregor's hand ect )

Absolute non story.

There’s not a single person who could say with honestly that they haven’t been in some sort of drunken state similar to any of the players.

They’re young guys successful in their respective career enjoying a works night out Ffs.

Even Andy Firth getting slated. We all have that friend taking videos or pictures of their friend acting like a dick laughing about it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with the players getting drunk but Andy Firth is a fucking idiot uploading that to Snapchat.

Just screams of a guy who’s never been at a big club thinking that’s acceptable.

This all day long. Guys like shagger grew up with this and know that you don't load people's guns for them. I'm sure the boy Forth will be getting pelters for that

You think Goram, McCoist and Ian Ferguson didn’t get into the same states during 9IAR era?

I can assure you, they did. You just didn’t see it.

Guys out on the lash, when have some time off work - fine by me.

You're right. Incidentally, how was our European record during these times?

Professional athletes at the highest level should not be getting into this state. It's been an up-and-down season with a series of matches still to come. The reason we have no game this weekend is we got knocked out of the Cup.

Having a few days off doesn't mean getting hammered.

I’ll get pelters but the players absolutely should not be getting into states like that, at all but especially during the season.

Aye, the 9IAR team and those before and after done it but times have changed the game requires a great level of athleticism and professionalism. Plus the 9IAR team won trophies, constantly! Given how desperate we all are for success this shouldn’t be tolerated at all.

And for those saying ‘we’ve all done it’, aye but none of us play for Rangers!

Fucking ridiculous state to get into.

I’ll get pelters but the players absolutely should not be getting into states like that, at all but especially during the season.

Aye, the 9IAR team and those before and after done it but times have changed the game requires a great level of athleticism and professionalism. Plus the 9IAR team won trophies, constantly! Given how desperate we all are for success this shouldn’t be tolerated at all.

I agree with you. I also do not think our players should be getting so steaming either even on a night out and without a game for a while.

It is a players night out but they are also meant to be professional footballers and shouldn't be getting as steaming as that and Firth should not be putting it out on social media as it makes the players featured look stupid.
Why cant they get steaming? Theyre being very profesional in the sense that theres no game for a while,

Why cant they get steaming? Theyre being very profesional in the sense that theres no game for a while,

Because they are professional sportsmen and should be looking after their bodies. Why someone with a heart problem as Goldson has, is drinking so much is showing him up as an idiot who is harming his heart.

The name Holiday Heart Syndrome was coined in 1978 but it is misleading. People who have it certainly won’t be having a leisurely time. In fact, they might feel like they are having a heart attack which classically causes severe pain in the centre of the chest. It gets its name because cases of the condition tend to increase around holiday times or after weekends when people tend to drink more.

Holiday Heart Syndrome tends to come on after episodes of heavy drinking – usually at least 15 units (about seven and a half pints of 4% beer or one and a half bottles of 13% wine) in a 24 hour period. If this happens, your heart starts to beat irregularly making you feel breathless. Your blood pressure changes, increasing your risk of a heart attack and sudden death.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcoho...f-alcohol/diseases/alcohol-and-heart-disease/

Last edited:
Because they are professional sportsmen and should be looking after their bodies. Why someone with a heart problem as Goldson has, is drinking so much is showing him up as an idiot who is harming his heart.

The name Holiday Heart Syndrome was coined in 1978 but it is misleading. People who have it certainly won’t be having a leisurely time. In fact, they might feel like they are having a heart attack which classically causes severe pain in the centre of the chest. It gets its name because cases of the condition tend to increase around holiday times or after weekends when people tend to drink more.

Holiday Heart Syndrome tends to come on after episodes of heavy drinking – usually at least 15 units (about seven and a half pints of 4% beer or one and a half bottles of 13% wine) in a 24 hour period. If this happens, your heart starts to beat irregularly making you feel breathless. Your blood pressure changes, increasing your risk of a heart attack and sudden death.

https://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcoho...f-alcohol/diseases/alcohol-and-heart-disease/

Oh for %^*& sake....

Oh for %^*& sake....

what? Goldson has had a serious heart problem so shouldn't be getting as steaming as he is in that video as someone with his condition isn't meant to be drinking more than a few drinks a day.

he also is meant to be involved with a heart charity called health defence, they are a charity partner of ours.

Last edited:

They have a greater level of athleticism and professionalism; granted it's difficult to argue that particular point on the back of that footage. There is a subtle contradiction in the point you're making though when you say the 9IAR team trophies, constantly; does that mean it's okay if they're winning, or if they win it's still not okay? If they've made a mistake at all it is they've naively ignored they'll be in the spolight; if this hadn't been filmed we wouldn't be talking about it, so when you say that 'but none of us play for Rangers', surely you're not suggesting these are the first group of players to get like this? Of course you're not, as the point you made in your first paragraph proved. It's not my idea of a good time, but it's theirs, apparently; there was nothing malicious in what they were doing, though, from the short clip I saw highlighted in The Sun on the post above.

Last edited:
what? Goldson has had a serious heart problem so shouldn't be getting as steaming as he is in that video as someone with his condition isn't meant to be drinking more than a few drinks a day.

he also is meant to be involved with a heart charity called health defence, they are a charity partner of ours.

I think he is well aware of his condition and doesnt need a total stranger on a forum to tell him what he cant and can do.

the players enjoying a good swally as a group after a long season absolute fine. the plonker posting it needs spoken to. keep it in house. always remember the daily record trting to get into a party and ian ferguson shutting the door on them. keep it all inhouse. people moaning about them dribking probs take a good drink themselfs :rolleyes:

He clearly does as he shouldn't be drinking to excess with heart issues and I'm sure the heart charity is less than impressed at the state of him in the video.

Were you there and counting how many drinks he had?

Maybe he barely ever drinks and only had a few on the night, and in that video he’s a bit tipsy and just knackered ?

Maybe he barely ever drinks and only had a few on the night, and in that video he’s a bit tipsy and just knackered ?

You aren't blind, you can clearly see he has had more than a few units of booze. He's steaming and to say otherwise is frankly stupid.

Are you not going a little overboard?

Not at all. He's meant to be a professional athlete and more importantly has a serious heart issue so should be protecting his heart. They all still have games to play this season and should have left the drinking to excess until they have played the last game of the season.

So you really think a professional footballer who has world class advice available is going to risk his life for a night out.

Come on mate listen to yourself

He clearly isn't listening to the advice as he shouldn't be as drunk as he is in the video with his heart problem

New guidance published in January 2016 by the UK Chief Medical Officers says that both men and women are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week, to keep health risks from drinking alcohol to a low level, and that if you do drink as much as 14 units per week, it is best to spread this evenly over 3 days or more.

He obviously has drunk more than a few units of booze as it states, those with heart problems shouldn't drink more than 14 units a week. He looks like he has drunk more than that on 1 night

So, because they won trophies they’re allowed to get drunk?

Because the current crop haven’t, they’re not?

Doesn’t work like that I’m afraid. It’s just further evidence of faux offence and selective criticism!

If your winning a lot more is forgiven than if your not winning. Thats the reality.

My tuppence worth is that the players had a night out no big deal to me, the clown who filmed it and plastered it all over social media will no longer be trusted in the dressing room and most likely be moved on in the summer and rightly so.

He clearly isn't listening to the advice as he shouldn't be as drunk as he is in the video with his heart problem

New guidance published in January 2016 by the UK Chief Medical Officers says that both men and women are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week, to keep health risks from drinking alcohol to a low level, and that if you do drink as much as 14 units per week, it is best to spread this evenly over 3 days or more.

He obviously has drunk more than a few units of booze as it states, those with heart problems shouldn't drink more than 14 units a week.

You’re having a nightmare.

I agree with you. I also do not think our players should be getting so steaming either even on a night out and without a game for a while.
They are human beings.........they are entitled to enjoy a night out like the rest of us. They dont play for a fortnight and the manager has sanctioned it obviously.

He obviously has drunk more than a few units of booze as it states, those with heart problems shouldn't drink more than 14 units a week.
And there's no variance in that advice? You and I are not privy to any advice given to the player.

You’re having a nightmare.

I'm not. I'm amazed that people like yourself cannot understand that anyone with heart problems should never get into into the state Goldson is in on that video. Drinking excessive booze with heart problems can cause serious future issues for your heart.

You and others might think I'm going OTT, but I'm not as the evidence is clear on this.

He obviously has drunk more than a few units of booze as it states, those with heart problems shouldn't drink more than 14 units a week. He looks like he has drunk more than that on 1 night

Chill out my friend ,the players get enough crap from shitty media without own fans pontificating on Uber medical advice from folk that have turned to Dr Google for up to the minute health guidelines ..

I'm not. I'm amazed that people like yourself cannot understand that anyone with heart problems should never get into into the state Goldson is in on that video. Drinking excessive booze with heart problems can cause serious future issues for your heart.

You and others might think I'm going OTT, but I'm not as the evidence is clear on this.
What isn't clear is your presumption of personal advice of advice given and taken or not nor what you have deciphered from that clip which may by all intents and purposes a one-off.

Agree that this. Giving them the benefit of the doubt these sportsmen are very very unlikely to have a regular drink like normal punters. And we all see how it affects people who don't regularly drink or haven't had a drink in a good while. The tipping point for them getting steaming is probably very small and if they can't do it together at an awards night when they have no game for a while when can they do it.

The posting of the clip on social media is another matter and I'd sack the player

Agree that this. Giving them the benefit of the doubt these sportsmen are very very unlikely to have a regular drink like normal punters. And we all see how it affects people who don't regularly drink or haven't had a drink in a good while. The tipping point for them getting steaming is probably very small and if they can't do it together at an awards night when they have no game for a while when can they do it.

The posting of the clip on social media is another matter and I'd sack the player

some people just take any chance to bash our players, its pathetic

Chill out my friend ,the players get enough crap from shitty media without own fans pontificating on Uber medical advice from folk that have turned to Dr Google for up to the minute health guidelines ..

I've not turned in to "Dr Google" but I do have a family member with a heart issue and he asked about drinking booze and the consultant told them anyone with heart issues should not be drinking any more than 14 units a week and even that should be spread over a few days.

It's for their own health benefits they follow the advice as it can have a great impact on their heart.

Back