Joe Worrall says thank you and goodbye

The best bit about him leaving is we wont need to keep reading references to him going back to "Forrest".

Good defender, best of luck to him. That mistake against Kilmarnock has him down as sh#ite to a lot of people, wrongly imo

Allan McGregor has probably made more individual mistakes than him but everyone needs a scapegoat.....

Yes, McGregor had a couple of costly errors v Killie, then Aberdeen in LC semi, but it's not fair to pick on one player.

Over the course of the season Tav, Goldson, Katic, Worrall, Barisic, Flanagan, Kamara, amongst others, have all made costly errors.

If you go through every team in the country most defenders, keepers and mids will have made errors at some point throughout the season.

That's football I'm afraid.

Some of Morelos's disciplinary issues have probably cost us even more dearly.

Good luck to him, he made mistakes on a football pitch.
Exactly like every player who ever has, or ever will play the game.

All the best Joe, no hard feeling from me and may he have a successful career.
I don't doubt for a minute he tried his best, that's all we can ask for.

Been a bit bi polar with joe one minute absolutely hate him next absolutely hate him . Could see at the end of the killie game it meant a lot to him when he came to the fans . He was quit emotional that might have been cause his manager now is Martin o Neil .

young player who gave his best but prone to the odd mistake. no doubt will have a decent career.

i wish him all the best and thanks.

All the best to him, he gave it his best shot, to improve as a footballer he’ll need to improve his concentration but he has the physical attributes to do well in England

Nice words from the young man - which is exactly what he is, a young man.

Blew hot and cold, but extra credit for a couple of performances against the mhanks and that twitter video with the tart.

Certainly not the worst centre half we have had over recent years. He was lucky to pull on the blue jersey and goes with my thanks for his service

Good luck to the big man. Had far more good games than bad, although that one at Killie sticks out as it came as such a crucial time.

Reality is he is wasnt any better than our own player (NC) so I was glad to see him come back into the team.

I wish him well though, gave his all when he was here.

Had some superb games for us and some really bad ones but the potential is there. I think he will go on and become quite a decent English Premier League defender down the line.

Good luck to him.

A good solid player and for many months was our best central defender.

Made the fatal mistake of saying that he was a Forest man and would be returning there. The same people that were hailing Greg Doc for saying similar slaughtered him.

Following on from tradition does that instantly make him a better player now that he's left?
Another important cog that has helped us get where we are and climb the ladder, will be remembered decently by me when 55 comes around.
Also if Kents a massive thumbs up, Coulibaly and Ejaria thumbs down, then Joe is a thumbs in the middle as far as loan sisnings go. Which will also be an important learning curve for Gerrard and Allen

Yes, McGregor had a couple of costly errors v Killie, then Aberdeen in LC semi, but it's not fair to pick on one player.

Over the course of the season Tav, Goldson, Katic, Worrall, Barisic, Flanagan, Kamara, amongst others, have all made costly errors.

If you go through every team in the country most defenders, keepers and mids will have made errors at some point throughout the season.

That's football I'm afraid.

Some of Morelos's disciplinary issues have probably cost us even more dearly.

Exactly MU. And depending on people’s private views & prejudices we can all be selective in what we highlight.

I wish the boy the best of luck in his life & career.

Standards have fallen regarding defenders. Bloke couldn't lace Johnstone or MacKinnon or Jackson's boots as a defender.

Neither could Katic or Goldson mate, but Kiernan, Wilson, Cardoso, Martin etc couldn't lace Worrall's, Goldson or Katic's.

Good luck to the lad.
A decent big fella who gave it his best.
Was he good enough?
Difficult, but he gave us some good performances and some not so good, but like all loanees he was on a learning curve.
I will watch his career with interest.
He certainly leaves with our best wishes and will be welcome back to the stadium in the future.
As a supporter... ;)

I know Barry. Most of us are fine, but in every walk of life you get critics. And I say that as a guy who was probably middle of the road in my views on Joe Worrall.

I was same. Can recognise he made errors but done some solid defending too. Unfortunately it's the errors that seem to be at the forefront of everyone's mind.

As been pointed out, other players have made costly errors yet escape the repeated critisism. At times it really is who is 'flavour of the month'.

I was same. Can recognise he made errors but done some solid defending too. Unfortunately it's the errors that seem to be at the forefront of everyone's mind.

As been pointed out, other players have made costly errors yet escape the repeated critisism. At times it really is who is 'flavour of the month'.

100% agree. To be fair to big Worrall I thought he played his best football after the Killie game so hopefully it made him stronger & he learned from that error at Kilmarnock.

Biggest crime for him was that he isn't Niko Katic. Not nearly as bad as many make him out to be. Good luck

He was nowhere near as bad as some on here made out.

Of course, his howler at Killie didn’t help his cause, but he put in some pretty decent displays.

The lads only 21 and will have a good career.

So, I genuinely wish the big lad well. Another bear for life bouncing around England is no bad thing. All the best Joe.

Seen his Instagram video earlier of him back at the City Ground. It looks like a public park in comparison to The mighty Ibrox.

He goes with my best wishes regardless.

Some people always need one player to have it in for. Worrall was unlucky that it was him this season.

Best wishes for the future Joe.
You had the great fortune to play for our club, something many many thousands of us would love to do but know we never will. Remember it fondly always - especially when St Martin is having a tantrum at training.

Feel a wee bit sorry for Worrall as he seemed disliked because of how much many fans liked the player he replaced.
He was actually a pretty solid 21yr old centre back, but prone to daft mistakes.

He was a decent player, and I wish him every success in the future.

Back