Johnny Hubbard – RIP ma wee pal

Been told that wee Johnny passed away this morning at 2am.
He’s back with his friend Billy Simpson.

The wee legend was a regular attender at our dinners in Aberdeen till ill health took over.
He held court with his amazing stories and sat up to the wee hours regaling young bears of stories about Struth and co

You’ll be missed Johnny, fly high
RIP Johnny Hubbard condolences to his family and friends.

One of the friendliest, funniest and genuinely decent human beings I have ever met. An honour and a privilege to have known you Johnny. Rest in peace.

Mr Hubbard was the quintessential Gentleman.

He could tell a story, boy could he tell a story!

I didn’t know him as well as many on here but he made you feel like you’d known him all your life...
The double team of him and Mr Simpson were a joy to be around - even for a short period of time.

He was and is an example to everyone and anyone who has any affection for our club... he lived and breathed Rangers whilst remaining the gentleman he truly was and always had time for a chat with anyone who asked of his time.

I hope his family and friends can find comfort in the wishes and prayers being sent their way and pride in the way the legend conducted himself... today is a sad day in the Rangers family

Brother Johnny Hubbard... rest in peace Sir

Had the pleasure of meeting him on the Founders Trail.

He went to great detail while telling us the story of THE hatrick

Lovely gentleman

RIP Mr Hubbard

Mr Hubbard was the quintessential Gentleman.

He could tell a story, boy could he tell a story!

I didn’t know him as well as many on here but he made you feel like you’d known him all your life...
The double team of him and Mr Simpson were a joy to be around - even for a short period of time.

He was and is an example to everyone and anyone who has any affection for our club... he lived and breathed Rangers whilst remaining the gentleman he truly was and always had time for a chat with anyone who asked of his time.

I hope his family and friends can find comfort in the wishes and prayers being sent their way and pride in the way the legend conducted himself... today is a sad day in the Rangers family

Brother Johnny Hubbard... rest in peace Sir
Well said sir

What more can you say? He was a true and loyal Ranger and a gentleman. Legend is a word often misused but not for Mr J Hubbard who really was one! Our thoughts are with his nearest and dearest. Be at peace Johnny Hubbard.:(

W.A.T.P.:(

The video a few years ago when he said “once a Ranger, always a Ranger” was class just like him! RIP

Very sad to hear that another Rangers legend has passed. Johnny was before my time , but I knew all about him from my parents. I used to watch him and his big pal Billy Simpson trudge up the stairs past me in the Sandy Jardine stand before games & you could tell the awe , respect & love the two were held in by those that recognised them.

Been told that wee Johnny passed away this morning at 2am.
He’s back with his friend Billy Simpson.

The wee legend was a regular attender at our dinners in Aberdeen till ill health took over.
He held court with his amazing stories and sat up to the wee hours regaling young bears of stories about Struth and co

You’ll be missed Johnny, fly high
Used to see him walking to home games often talking to anyone who knew who he was, great Ranger who epitomises our history, sleep tight Wee Man

Sad news. I can only echo some of the heartfelt sentiments already expressed in this thread. The wee guy from South Africa certainly left a lasting impression in the hearts of the Rangers support. Thoughts with his family and friends.

Always sad to hear about a legend passing away, I unfortunately never got to see him play but history will forever show Johnny Hubbard as a true gentleman and legend.

Thank you Johnny for your services to our fine club, you will be remembered and missed in equal measure.

Sad to hear this news,I had the pleasure of meeting Mr Hubbard at Ibrox and he was a gentleman.He spent time with me,someone he had never met before,telling stories of his time at Rangers.He signed my programme Johnny Hubbard The Penalty King.I was like a big kid,it is a sad loss.

A gentleman of the old school.

A proud Rangers who was always a credit to the club on and off the field.

TALonEM.jpg

35Dwl6V.jpg

Hubby and his great pal, the late, great, Billy Simpson.

A2papWe.jpg

Hubby, Hateley and Simpson a few years ago in the Stonefield Tavern.

FL9wYRm.png
great pictures.
Gone but not forgotten, R I P.

RIP Mr Hubbard.

I would see him all the time in Prestwick where he lived and every time he would always make time to talk to my four year old son and talk about the club.

A true legend who will be sadly missed. A glass will be raised tonight to him.

Back