Jones to stoke ?

Keep.
Would be a good option/back-up for the rest of the season if he could recapture where he was pre-injury.

I think deliberately getting himself sent off v them really pissed Gerrard off, he’d cited discipline the whole summer, made it clear he was clamping down then Jones made him and us look daft with that challenge.

He’d been doing well up to that point I thought.

I think it's clear that's what Gerrard's issue with him at the moment is. You'd think after that Jones would be bursting a gut in training and trying to impress. His lack of game time since his return and comments from Gerrard suggest otherwise.

Stories seem to be popping up every few days NOW bout Jones. Think Gerrard not impressed with Jones whether it be old firm game or his recovery, training.shame as started season well when playing at home and looked could push on.

As a lot have said, I'd prefer him in the squad over Ojo and Barker but if there are temperament/attitude question marks behind the scenes then the manager will know best.

Can we stop saying things like "he's had his chance".
Also, @JD1872 where did you get the information behind this " there seems to be some doubts about his application in training" ?

I'll be brutally honest even after a promising start back at the start of the season i just don't think he is suited to our style of play and I don't think he can adapt from being a counter attacking winger to an inside forward.

As it stands I would keep him for now but we desperately need another quality forward maybe even someone who can comfortably play either side of Morelos.

As for Barker and Ojo both aren't good enough and have had plenty of chances this season.

If the funds are there we need to buy someone with quality.

Played well up to the scum game, thought he was a player, would be sad to see him leave to be fair, I think him and Stewart both deserve a chance, even if it's from the subs bench most weeks, imo, they both have their part to play

Lad needs game time and 10 mins every other week won’t be enough to get him to the level required. If we’ve got cover a loan until the summer would be a good option.

He can’t be judged on Friday. Just back from injury up against a packed defence. Never gonnae happen.
Even Kent has took a few games to get back up to speed after injury.

That said, if the lad Campbell can be worked into any deal then I’d probably be for it.

Certainly didn’t help himself with his performance the other night but I’d still like to hold onto him as I still think he has something to offer.

Jones didn’t do himself any favours v Stranraer and was rightfully taken off. Would like to keep him for the run in though as I still think he gives us options on the wing.

Agree totally - people can say he was short on match fitness which I understand.

But his positional sense was poor and he provided very little width as kept drifting inside.

Happy that Stevie G will make the right call.

Personally I'd keep Stewart before Jones he just didn't look all that on Friday, granted he had a long injury an is just coming back but bluntly I don't think he has the application to better himself. Hope he proves me wrong because he does have the attributes to become an asset.

Edit... As they say hard work beats talent when talent doesn't Want to work hard =)

The rash challenge against the beggars looks to have cost him dearly. You could see at the time how disgusted Gerrard was with him

If he isn't going to play and contribute then he needs to go. Jones, Murphy, Barker - all not good enough for a long period. The odd game maybe but not for a reliable out. Kent and Aribo consistency is miles beyond what these other bring. They don't even have impact - at least Stewart does.

The manager didn't look too impressed with his attitude on Friday night.

I wonder if there’s a bit of a personality clash.

I felt when Jones first forced his way into the team The Gaffer was reluctant to praise him and said things like he has to iero
It up etc..

Then when he injured himself with that stupid challenge Gerrard was raging...

An in form Jones would be an asset going into these next 4 months but anything less and I think the management wouldn’t be too bothered about him staying.

Maybe I’m being unfair and reading too much into it but if I had to have a good guess at what’s going on I’d say Jones might have rubbed a few people up the wrong way early doors with his swagger and it’s done a bit of damage.

He can’t be judged on Friday. Just back from injury up against a packed defence. Never gonnae happen.
Even Kent has took a few games to get back up to speed after injury

That said, if the lad Campbell can be worked into any deal then I’d probably be for it.

Agree 100% with the bit in bold. I'd be keeping Jones, , we need options if Kent was to miss some games.

If he actually fancies Stoke over us, that's more than enough evidence for me that he should be sold. Let's hear what SG says about the speculation.

Going to have to keep him til the summer unless we've lined someone else up and it doesn't look like thats happening.

Long term I think he’s no where near the standard but right now we don’t have much alternative if he gets injured. I’d state Barker in same boat. I’d give till summer and move on.

Poor attitude and that performance on Friday means he's miles off.

Couldn't believe I watched him lose the ball, didn't even bother trying a leg to chase it back and left it to Steve Davis.

If that was Kent he would have grafted his balls off and at least made an effort.

Even Kent has took a few games to get back up to speed after injury.

This. Plus, every player is allowed a stinker of a game or two. If keeping JJ means Barker is further down the pecking order then that in itself is a result.

There seems to be a lot of speculation about him, makes me think its club orchestrated and he's not in flavour. A shame as feel he has more to offer than others

This is a really bizarre one. Firstly he shouldn't be going anywhere because he did extremely well in most of his games before injury. Secondly, I don't buy the bad attitude thing at all, if it was true he wouldn't have been anywhere near the squad in Dubai or v Stranraer, Gerrard doesn't take any shit whatsoever. All I've heard Gerrard say is that he wants him back fit and hungry. I can't see him leaving and would be baffled if he did.

Its always a gamble. Like Murphy before him injury has stalled his rangers career. I wont lose any sleep if he goes, but i thought he done alright when he first came in. Miles behind Kent and probably better than Barker .

If we value him at £1million and stoke offer that then I would sell him. We got him for free and we would be making money to try and get the boy from Charlton in.

Quite surprised at the number of teams that are being linked with him considering his game time so far this season, would they have been watching him previously at Kilmarnock?

Poor attitude and that performance on Friday means he's miles off.

Couldn't believe I watched him lose the ball, didn't even bother trying a leg to chase it back and left it to Steve Davis.

If that was Kent he would have grafted his balls off and at least made an effort.

He was then substituted within a couple of minutes after this.

If Jones leaves we better have a good replacement in line because Barker and Ojo don’t cut it for me.

Back