Jordan Jones

If Middleton was in the killie squad would jones get a game infront of him?
Yes definitely.
Jones is a far better player for the simple reason he plays every week at this level.
Middleton did well in 10 minutes spells in a few friendlies ect
We have know way of knowing what Middleton can do yet especially over 90 minutes.
He might not develop and progress then again he might be outstanding
So for now jones is the better player
We do have kent but he is a loan if we signed jones and he improves with our squad and training
Would he be worth day 750k yes fir me

Yes definitely.
Jones is a far better player for the simple reason he plays every week at this level.
Middleton did well in 10 minutes spells in a few friendlies ect
We have know way of knowing what Middleton can do yet especially over 90 minutes.
He might not develop and progress then again he might be outstanding
So for now jones is the better player
We do have kent but he is a loan if we signed jones and he improves with our squad and training
Would he be worth day 750k yes fir me

Not so sure if Middleton came through at killie we d be looking at buying him for 1 million plus let's develop our own players instead of buying league standard shite fair enough if jones was a stand out in the league but he's not

Not so sure if Middleton came through at killie we d be looking at buying him for 1 million plus let's develop our own players instead of buying league standard shite fair enough if jones was a stand out in the league but he's not
We don't know what Middleton can do that was my point.
We have seen so little of him.
A few flashes here and there proves nothing.
Can he do it in big games can he do it for 90 minutes can he be a consistent performer week in week out.
Time will tell Jones is well ahead with all 3.
Do i think for 750k to 1 million that we could find better in the eastern European market yes i do .

Last season some would have jumped at the chance of signing this guy but last season we were too use to watching underperforming losers playing for the club, new manager, new season and the Jordan Jones’ of this world are no better than squad fillers, quality over quantity is now the order of the day.

We have Candias, Murphy, Kent, and Middleton in the first team. I've read Ejaria can play there, and there's Atakayi from the reserves. Lafferty has been known to play there too.

I don't see us signing a winger, not that I would complain if we did.

Last season some would have jumped at the chance of signing this guy but last season we were too use to watching underperforming losers playing for the club, new manager, new season and the Jordan Jones’ of this world are no better than squad fillers, quality over quantity is now the order of the day.

And what will you say if Gerrard signs J Jones???

He made the SPL team of the year last season, that would suggest he is indeed a standout in the league.

He’s a good player but for me we have his position well covered now anyway.

We have 5 wingers for two positions and only 2 centre backs any money should be going to get in at least one more defender. Don’t think jones is better than what we have

Spot on. I would also say, to carry on the analogy, we need a Ronald de Boer type. Someone who is a goal threat behind the main man. We had Niko, then Pena even; Ejaria has come in but he doesn’t look to have goals in him. Some will say it’s Arfield, but it isn’t. He’s a box to box player who will press and graft. We need someone who can shoot from distance and make late runs to the edge of the box. I don’t think we have anyone in the squad who can do that.

Totally agree!! I’ve been banging on for months about this. The best example I can think of in recent years is Sone Aluko

Back